New Mock

skynyrd04

So, I'm still thinking we trade down and the Raiders still seem the most likely partners for such a venture. So. . .

Atlanta gets Oakland's 2nd and 3rd (750pts)

Oakland gets the 24th overall (745pts what's 5 points to Al Davis )

NOTE: Before I begin I'll preface the draft with this: The Falcons seem high enough on Decoud that they are already talking about he and Coleman starting next season as the safeties. I'll trust Smitty's judgement. Further, I'm expecting Chevis to start next season, as well as Nicholas on the weakside.

R2 from Oak) Ron Brace - DT BC 6'3 334lbs - To me we've got no bigger need than NT. I KNOW Trey Lewis will be back but he's had two major knee surgeries, and besides Smitty likes to have a rotation. Brace replaces what we lost in Gravy, and would make us instantly better against the run, which cost us in some games last year.

R2 ) Victor "Macho" Harris - CB 6' 194lbs- OK, I know the last few player we took from VATech have burned us (Vick, Hall, Jimmy Williams), but Harris seems to have more talent than Williams, and none of the character issues of Vick or Hall. He's a big physical zone corner, who compares to Rashean Mathis, who Smitty coached in Jacksonville.

R3 from Oak) Tyron McKenzie - OLB USF 6'2" 243 - Meet one of the few true 4-3 SLB in this draft. McKenzie had 100+ tckls seasons for 2 different division 1 schools, so you know he can handle multiple schemes. He can play a backup role and ST's, also provides a successor to Peterson.

R3) Phillip Hunt - DE Houston 6'2" 260lbs - Let's face it we need someone, anyone who can help JA55 with the rush. Hunt steadily improved into an All ConUSA performer collecting 36 tfl and 24 sacks in the last two seasons. His game is ascending and he could unseat JA98 by mid-season. I really wanted a TE here, but it says something that I'd rather see Hartsock and Peele than JA98.

R4) Davon Drew - TE ECar 6'5" 256lbs - This is the small school round. Lost in Matt Ryan's early success is the fact he did it without a true threat at TE. Hartsock can block, Peele can catch on the occasional play, but neither is an all-around talent. Enter Drew, who was known as a great blocker for 3 years, and emerged as recieving threat with 43 recs, 695 yds, and 3 td's. We can work him in slowly and give Matty Ice the TE he deserves.

R5 from Oak) Joe Bell - OT Furman 6'7" 315lbs -From here on every round is a small school round. Clabo and Dahl both have 1 year tenders and need to resigned. Besides that we need some good, versatile depth. Enter Bell, who started 36 games at LT for Furman, and who blocks with workman-like demeanor.

R5) Lee Robinson - OLB Alcorn St. 6'2" 249lbs - This guy is a football player plain and simple. He can help out on ST's next year and has the talent to develop into a starter down the road.

R6) Otis Wiley - SS Mich St. 6'1" 213lbs - You know just in case the whole DeCoud thing doesn't work out we should get a backup plan.

Well that's it feel free to comment.

So, I'm still thinking we trade down and the Raiders still seem the most likely partners for such a venture. So. . .

Atlanta gets Oakland's 2nd and 3rd (750pts)

Oakland gets the 24th overall (745pts what's 5 points to Al Davis )

NOTE: Before I begin I'll preface the draft with this: The Falcons seem high enough on Decoud that they are already talking about he and Coleman starting next season as the safeties. I'll trust Smitty's judgement. Further, I'm expecting Chevis to start next season, as well as Nicholas on the weakside.

R2 from Oak) Ron Brace - DT BC 6'3 334lbs - To me we've got no bigger need than NT. I KNOW Trey Lewis will be back but he's had two major knee surgeries, and besides Smitty likes to have a rotation. Brace replaces what we lost in Gravy, and would make us instantly better against the run, which cost us in some games last year.

R2 ) Victor "Macho" Harris - CB 6' 194lbs- OK, I know the last few player we took from VATech have burned us (Vick, Hall, Jimmy Williams), but Harris seems to have more talent than Williams, and none of the character issues of Vick or Hall. He's a big physical zone corner, who compares to Rashean Mathis, who Smitty coached in Jacksonville.

R3 from Oak) Tyron McKenzie - OLB USF 6'2" 243 - Meet one of the few true 4-3 SLB in this draft. McKenzie had 100+ tckls seasons for 2 different division 1 schools, so you know he can handle multiple schemes. He can play a backup role and ST's, also provides a successor to Peterson.

R3) Phillip Hunt - DE Houston 6'2" 260lbs - Let's face it we need someone, anyone who can help JA55 with the rush. Hunt steadily improved into an All ConUSA performer collecting 36 tfl and 24 sacks in the last two seasons. His game is ascending and he could unseat JA98 by mid-season. I really wanted a TE here, but it says something that I'd rather see Hartsock and Peele than JA98.

R4) Davon Drew - TE ECar 6'5" 256lbs - This is the small school round. Lost in Matt Ryan's early success is the fact he did it without a true threat at TE. Hartsock can block, Peele can catch on the occasional play, but neither is an all-around talent. Enter Drew, who was known as a great blocker for 3 years, and emerged as recieving threat with 43 recs, 695 yds, and 3 td's. We can work him in slowly and give Matty Ice the TE he deserves.

R5 from Oak) Joe Bell - OT Furman 6'7" 315lbs -From here on every round is a small school round. Clabo and Dahl both have 1 year tenders and need to resigned. Besides that we need some good, versatile depth. Enter Bell, who started 36 games at LT for Furman, and who blocks with workman-like demeanor.

R5) Lee Robinson - OLB Alcorn St. 6'2" 249lbs - This guy is a football player plain and simple. He can help out on ST's next year and has the talent to develop into a starter down the road.

R6) Otis Wiley - SS Mich St. 6'1" 213lbs - You know just in case the whole DeCoud thing doesn't work out we should get a backup plan.

Well that's it feel free to comment.

i doubt they'll draft any of those people