Great DE/OLB Prospect for the Falcons

Jaymadd

I have come around to the idea of drafting Sintim, he could be the DE/OLB that the Falcons are looking for. I would love for him to be a DE first OLB second if we cant get Micheal JOhnson.

Clint Sintim - Virginia (HT: 6'2" | WT: 256 | 40: 4.78)

Projection: 1st-2nd Round

Strengths:

-great pass rusher, has the size and speed to get around the tackles and the strength to push back running backs

-has the versatility to play OLB in a 3-4 and DE in a 4-3, shows the ability to rush the passer in both a 3 and 2 point stance

-plays with a mean streak, and is always looking to lay out the ball carrier

-good awareness on the field, follows the ball well and takes good pursuit angles to the ball carrier

-solid wrap up tackler, has the strength to take down backs with his arms

-also able to drop back in coverage, a complete linebacker

Weaknesses:

-has a tendency to play too high, can get pushed back and may have a problem shedding blockers in the NFL if he doesn't learn to play lower

-a bit stiff in his hips, has some problems when asked to turn and run, gets lost a bit when the action is behind him

-underwent shoulder surgery in 2007 and missed 2008 spring practices with another injury

-has a reputation as sometimes taking plays off and not always going 100%

-did not run well at the combine and needs to have a good pro day to bring himself back into the first round

Let me know what you think

Just a Day in the Mind of Jaymadd :D

I'd love him for a second pick. He looks to fit our scheme well (DE or LB), but ((and I might be wrong)) I thought I read somewhere that when assessing his draft value, it was said that he wouldn't add any immediate impact. Then I thought that he was poor in the blitz because he wasn't really asked to do that at Wake, but then I remembered I was thinking of Curry.

I wouldn't mind it at all. TD likes versatile guys and, after Nicholas last year, we know the coaching staff isn't against playing a LB in the capacity that you speak of. If we did get him and he did go to DE he would really need to take advantage of that weight room.

I'd love him for a second pick. He looks to fit our scheme well (DE or LB), but ((and I might be wrong)) I thought I read somewhere that when assessing his draft value, it was said that he wouldn't add any immediate impact. Then I thought that he was poor in the blitz because he wasn't really asked to do that at Wake, but then I remembered I was thinking of Curry.

I wouldn't mind it at all. TD likes versatile guys and, after Nicholas last year, we know the coaching staff isn't against playing a LB in the capacity that you speak of. If we did get him and he did go to DE he would really need to take advantage of that weight room.

He is not that small for a RDE, he is 256 Abe is listed at 266, I believe that he has the frame to add 10lbs without sacrificing his quickness. When Abe came out of South CArolina i believe he was the same size as Sintim. I glad that you realized that you were talking about Curry. :D

He is not that small for a RDE, he is 256 Abe is listed at 266, I believe that he has the frame to add 10lbs without sacrificing his quickness. When Abe came out of South CArolina i believe he was the same size as Sintim. I glad that you realized that you were talking about Curry. :D

Yeah and I mean like i said I would love for us to get him. Really any linebacker in the draft, IMO, is a good addition to the team. But Sintim seems to bring a work ethic similar to Ryan or Coleman or Lofton that TD admires.

With that being said, I'd like to see Biermann one day take the reigns from Abe at the RDE spot, but at 241 lbs. he def. has some weight to put on. On a slightly relevant side note, how much more do you think Abe has left in the tank? I think the longer he anchors the line with no support, the shorter his career will be. Do you think he'll retire with us?

Yeah and I mean like i said I would love for us to get him. Really any linebacker in the draft, IMO, is a good addition to the team. But Sintim seems to bring a work ethic similar to Ryan or Coleman or Lofton that TD admires.

With that being said, I'd like to see Biermann one day take the reigns from Abe at the RDE spot, but at 241 lbs. he def. has some weight to put on. On a slightly relevant side note, how much more do you think Abe has left in the tank? I think the longer he anchors the line with no support, the shorter his career will be. Do you think he'll retire with us?

I don't know about him retiring here, since we are a team that values youth and a couple years down the road he may decide he can still play, but I certainly think we don't get much value by trading him. He had a monster year for us in sacks, but due to his age he probably wouldn't merit us a high enough draft pick for us to be interested.

I have come around to the idea of drafting Sintim, he could be the DE/OLB that the Falcons are looking for. I would love for him to be a DE first OLB second if we cant get Micheal JOhnson.

Clint Sintim - Virginia (HT: 6'2" | WT: 256 | 40: 4.78)

Projection: 1st-2nd Round

Strengths:

-great pass rusher, has the size and speed to get around the tackles and the strength to push back running backs

-has the versatility to play OLB in a 3-4 and DE in a 4-3, shows the ability to rush the passer in both a 3 and 2 point stance

-plays with a mean streak, and is always looking to lay out the ball carrier

-good awareness on the field, follows the ball well and takes good pursuit angles to the ball carrier

-solid wrap up tackler, has the strength to take down backs with his arms

-also able to drop back in coverage, a complete linebacker

Weaknesses:

-has a tendency to play too high, can get pushed back and may have a problem shedding blockers in the NFL if he doesn't learn to play lower

-a bit stiff in his hips, has some problems when asked to turn and run, gets lost a bit when the action is behind him

-underwent shoulder surgery in 2007 and missed 2008 spring practices with another injury

-has a reputation as sometimes taking plays off and not always going 100%

-did not run well at the combine and needs to have a good pro day to bring himself back into the first round

Let me know what you think

Just a Day in the Mind of Jaymadd :D

I haven't seen that much on him, just highlight videos and scouting reports. I know these reports aren't dead-set accurate, and that players can develop their techniques and abilities down the road, but this one kinda stood out to me.

-has a reputation as sometimes taking plays off and not always going 100% :o

IMO opinion Biermann may have a ways to go to take over for ABe at RDE, especially with him only being 241 like you said, even if he gets to 260+, how will that effect his speed and quickness. I think that ABe has at least two more years left, especially how we use him on a rotational basis. I definitely agree that we need to give him more support. I think that given his age he may retire with us but that depends on how many more years he has left on his current contract. All i know is that we need help at DE, regarding a quality speed rusher, because the only options that we have right now are a 31 year old, injury prone DE who accounted for 47% of our sacks and a very undersized DE. We dont have to take MJ, although I would like us to, but we need to use a early pick on a pass rushing DE.

I haven't seen that much on him, just highlight videos and scouting reports. I know these reports aren't dead-set accurate, and that players can develop their techniques and abilities down the road, but this one kinda stood out to me.

-has a reputation as sometimes taking plays off and not always going 100% :o

Yeah that can be a concern, but they say the same thing about Orakpo too. :D

I don't know about him retiring here, since we are a team that values youth and a couple years down the road he may decide he can still play, but I certainly think we don't get much value by trading him. He had a monster year for us in sacks, but due to his age he probably wouldn't merit us a high enough draft pick for us to be interested.

CD you are definitely an outside the box thinker :lol:

IMO opinion Biermann may have a ways to go to take over for ABe at RDE, especially with him only being 241 like you said, even if he gets to 260+, how will that effect his speed and quickness. I think that ABe has at least two more years left, especially how we use him on a rotational basis. I definitely agree that we need to give him more support. I think that given his age he may retire with us but that depends on how many more years he has left on his current contract. All i know is that we need help at DE, regarding a quality speed rusher, because the only options that we have right now are a 31 year old, injury prone DE who accounted for 47% of our sacks and a very undersized DE. We dont have to take MJ, although I would like us to, but we need to use a early pick on a pass rushing DE.

I'm going to have to say that I agree with this assessment 99%. With us wanting to get younger as a whole, unless the last 2 years of his contract are HOF numbers I don't know if i see him coming back. I think that even if he progresses a little more, especially provided the rotational scheme, when his contract is up we will thank him for his service and let him go on his way. So now if that is the case then you are 100% right about needing another RDE, well you are anyway. Biermann can't make that leap in 2 years. I like MJ, but if Abe is going to groom a player with his style of play we need to get a player that matches his stats (i.e. - Sintim, English, etc.)

So in conclusion, having made that statement I like Sintim even more because our need at that position is much more obvious/important than it seemed.

I'm going to have to say that I agree with this assessment 99%. With us wanting to get younger as a whole, unless the last 2 years of his contract are HOF numbers I don't know if i see him coming back. I think that even if he progresses a little more, especially provided the rotational scheme, when his contract is up we will thank him for his service and let him go on his way. So now if that is the case then you are 100% right about needing another RDE, well you are anyway. Biermann can't make that leap in 2 years. I like MJ, but if Abe is going to groom a player with his style of play we need to get a player that matches his stats (i.e. - Sintim, English, etc.)

So in conclusion, having made that statement I like Sintim even more because our need at that position is much more obvious/important than it seemed.

Physically, Kyle Moore is a much better fit.

Inch taller, pretty good power, needs to learn some moves, should do well being coached up by a guy like Abraham.