Atlanta Hawks

Assuming the Hawks don't go onto win the whole ball of wax, they will most likely pick somewhere between 20-26. Should Tyler Hansbrough fall to us, I would snatch him up in a heartbeat. I know he's not the most athletic, etc, etc, but the dude is fearless. Just wondering what you folks think. I know we need a PG, but a pick in 20's is always a crap-shoot anyway and I think Hansbourgh is going to be solid in the league.

welllllll, just for the sake of argument while the thread is still here....

Just my opinion, but I think TH is going to SUCK in the NBA. He is the Tim Tebow of basketball. He may go down as one of the best college players, but as far as the pro's, I dont think he has it.

Yeah i agree, but I wonder which sport has more of those kind of players though between basketball and football.

I'd love to see them get Harry Douglas' little brother to come in and play the point with Acie. I think Bibby is still under contract for another season, which sux, but I would still consider lining up a replacement for the long term, as Law doesn't seem like he will be it.

They also could use a more traditional big man, as Horford, IMO, is ideally suited for the PF spot, and J Smooth's length and athleticism would allow him to transition to the Swingman spot. In addition, I believe that, when healthy, Marvin William's skills as a defender, rebounder and mid-range jump shooter would make him a great fit for the "6th Man" role most recently occupied by Josh Childress (though early this season Maurice Evans gave us a solid look from a similar spot).

Assuming the Hawks don't go onto win the whole ball of wax, they will most likely pick somewhere between 20-26. Should Tyler Hansbrough fall to us, I would snatch him up in a heartbeat. I know he's not the most athletic, etc, etc, but the dude is fearless. Just wondering what you folks think. I know we need a PG, but a pick in 20's is always a crap-shoot anyway and I think Hansbourgh is going to be solid in the league.

We ARE in more need of a TRUE big man, than another forward....I'd have to say...not right now.... :(

I'd love to see them get Harry Douglas' little brother to come in and play the point with Acie. I think Bibby is still under contract for another season, which sux, but I would still consider lining up a replacement for the long term, as Law doesn't seem like he will be it.

They also could use a more traditional big man, as Horford, IMO, is ideally suited for the PF spot, and J Smooth's length and athleticism would allow him to transition to the Swingman spot. In addition, I believe that, when healthy, Marvin William's skills as a defender, rebounder and mid-range jump shooter would make him a great fit for the "6th Man" role most recently occupied by Josh Childress (though early this season Maurice Evans gave us a solid look from a similar spot).

ACIE is TERRIBLE.....

Can Bibby....Start Flip and get the best available TRUE center.....

welllllll, just for the sake of argument while the thread is still here....

Just my opinion, but I think TH is going to SUCK in the NBA. He is the Tim Tebow of basketball. He may go down as one of the best college players, but as far as the pro's, I dont think he has it.

So true he'll disappear in a couple years.

Acie isn't terrible....he's a pass first guard who can penetrate the lane effectively to set up other scorers. His perimeter defense is also trashing that of Bibby and Flip.

He has really disappointed me. What has he done? He stops his forward progress as soon as he crosses the half court line. He NEVER looks to penetrate. He doesn't look to shot off of a screen. He's less than OK in my mind....sorry..... -_- . I'd get rid of ACIE and Claxton.... -_-

OH...did I mention that he stays hurt?

I blame the FO more than anything...Woody wanted a veteran point guard and they got two in Bibby and Claxton but they were obviously looking long term with the drafting of Acie....dude just needs to play.

He does need playing time....but I think Flip will start next year and Acie will back him up. Claxton is out.

Hansbrough will have a NBA career similar to Danny Ferry. Great college player, sub-par NBA talent who lasts for years as a bench wamer/role player because he'll work hard, but never be anything close to what he was in college.

Acie isn't terrible....he's a pass first guard who can penetrate the lane effectively to set up other scorers. His perimeter defense is also trashing that of Bibby and Flip.

Yeah I definately agree with you there - it's not his fault that Woodson keeps screwing with his minutes in some sort of weird plan to destroy his confidence and do the best possible job not to develop him. Not sure that he'll ever be a starting-caliber-on-a-playoff-team type of player, but he could definately develop into a very solid backup point guard in this league.

As far as the draft goes, we really need to find a true center. The one area where we are consistently killed is by strong players on the low block, and it would be nice to have someone with the size to compliment Horford's finesse game and Zaza's toughness/rebounding game on the front line. Combined with Josh's excellent help defense (when he is trying anyway), someone who could at least hold their own against stronger players in the league would be a very valuable asset in the halfcourt.

It's not even that we need a starter: such a player would either force Williams to the bench or force us to go huge by pushing Joe to the point, Williams to the 2 and Smith to the 3. We just need someone that can come in and play consistent minutes every game...