The Name Dropping Thread

durrdbyrd

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met Kevin Garnett a few times. We won the Chamionship at his camp. He's from here

Met Shammond Williams (UNC Fans know him, he's from here) He is good friends with my pops and uncle.

Met Roy Jones Jr. at Kevin Garnett's b-ball tournament

Met Vivica A. Fox on the set of Juwanna Man.

Whole bunch of Falcon players.

Baron Davis and David Wesley

I went to school with NFL players Ben Troupe (Raiders) and Carlos Rogers (Redskins) and I've interviewed Dominique Wilkins, Mark Richt and A.J. Greene.

And my college, Salve Regina University in Newport RI (Div.3), is home of the longest hitting streak by a college player in any division. Damian Costantino, 60 games. I never met him though, he graduated before I got there.

Met Kevin Garnett a few times. We won the Chamionship at his camp. He\'s from here

Met Shammond Williams (UNC Fans know him, he\'s from here) He is good friends with my pops and uncle.

Met Roy Jones Jr. at Kevin Garnett\'s b-ball tournament

Met Vivica A. Fox on the set of Juwanna Man.

Whole bunch of Falcon players.

Baron Davis and David Wesley

loL@ u putting ur answer in the form of a resume

Man I wasn't really trying to drop a name on the Dream thread. I think I was just beaming with pride and had to unleash some of it.

But anyway in the spirit of this thread here's my top 10 celebrity moments:

10. Watching a Hawks game with Christina Milian. Met her through one of my producers. She's on my list now. My wife approves. LOL

9. Dad taking me into the Braves' locker room in 82, the first winning year we'd had in a decade and a half. Murphy, Butler, Hubbard...

8. Growing up friends of Martin, Maynard and Julian's kids and hangin out with them back in the day when all the stuff was goin on

7. Meeting Hank Aaron when I was a kid. My dad is a friend of his. Mr. Aaron is a great man

6. Working as a roadie at AFCS in the 70s and being on stage with War, Kiss, ZZ Top, Funkadelic, Edgar Winters, Bootsy, Ohio Players....

5. Getting caught in 8 hr delay in FC with Frank Layden, former Utah Jazz Pres, and Utah college team with Miller, Doleac and Van???. Fun

4. Watching Ray Parker Jr. record an album in a day and a half and get $100K and a Caddilac. That's the day I got in the music business

3. Talking football w/Chris Hinton of the 91 Falcons for 3 hours at a boring XMAS party. Just a few days before the ATL@NO playoff game

2. Going to 91 Braves parade and getting stuck in a crowd for 20 minutes smashed between Glavine, Smoltz, Deion, Pendleton & Belliard

1. Meeting Stevie Wonder at his friend's house and chatting for a couple hours. Definitely my all time favorite. By far. Nothing else close

sports stars

I've met Coach Phillip Fulmer, Ben Smith (DB for the Eagles and UGA), Kevin Porter (S for the Chiefs), Eddie "The Hitman" Anderson (FS for the Raiders), Willie Reid (KR for the Steelers), James Brooks (RB for the Bungholes), Ron Simmons (wrestler), Thunderfoot (wrestler), Dominique Wilkins, Kevin Willis, Adam Wainwright (pitcher for the Cardinals), Bob Horner, John Rocker, Joe Dumars, and James Edwards (basketball player). I've had lunch with Ric Flair and Bo Jackson (not at the same time). Cappy and I still joke and debate on whether or not it was Tony Graziani that we saw in an ATL stripclub one night.

music stars

Cappy and I have met Jesse James Dupree (and the other members of Jakyll), Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Kenny Wayne Shephard, Janie Lane & James Kottak (Warrant), the band Great White, & Matt Pinfield (MTV VJ). We've hung out and had drinks with the band Brother Cane on a couple of occassions. I've also met Ian Moore, Widespread Panic, Gregg Allman, Eddie Vedder and Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam, and in the DFW (Dallas FT Worth) airport, I met Kelly Keagy (drummer for Night Ranger).

movie/tv stars

Met Warner Robins HS alumni, Victoria Principal & Bobbie Eakes, and Rick Mitchem (played Crabtree in an old tv show called The Sunshine Factory) was my drama instructor in HS.

Other

Met Governor Sonny Perdue at HS graduation because his oldest daughter was a classmate of mine...but she's a FUGLY. Met Senator Sam Nunn. When I was a wee young kiddie, I got to meet the Krystal Kritters and Burger King during a Christmas parade in town... :P :lol:

I have hung out with Jamal Anderson (no we didn't snort coke off the back of a toilet), Diana Digarmo (sp?) Amy Dumas (formerly Lita of the WWE) and I went to school with Louis Williams (Sixers), Mike Mercer (former Bulldog who transfered to USF) and Joey Side (former UGA baseball player who is now in the Diamondbacks farm system)

Guest Gritz
I can top that!

I asked Kimberly Kennedy (WSB News) to the Jr. Sr. Prom and she said "YES!"

Unfortunately, her mom said NO!

Close, but no White Owl...............

Even though Kimberly Kennedy was (and still is) pretty hot.

Went to high school with Keith Rivers (linebacker, USC, Cincinnati Bengals). Went to middle school with Mandy Moore. Went to high school with Shaq's half brother (was about 6'6"). Lived in the same neighborhood as Tug McGraw (former Mets/Phillies pitcher, and Tim McGraw's father), and was best friends with his fiance's son.

*Colin Powell (Military)

*Ronald Reagan (Commencement)

*George H. W. Bush (Shook his hand)

*Bill Cosby (actually had a conversation with him)

*Al Sharpton (Conference)

*Min. Louis Farrakhan (Speech/Million Man March/my wife is friends with his daughter)

*Cornell West (Conference)

*Tavis Smiley (Conference)

*LOTS of Senators and Reps. (Quite a bit, most of the time staffers)

*Mike Tyson (Chillin')

*Lee Haney (at his Gym)

*Lil' John (Studio)

*Jill Scott (just passing thru)

*Adina Howard (I was drunk)

there are more, just need to think........................