Do we really need a LB/LM for '09?

Adema1226

Sorry I meant LB/DL

Anway, I think our secondary needs the most work. We have one decent DB - Houston. Can anyone name another? No!!!! There may not be many good DB's in the draft this year, but maybe we could either draft or somehow trade for a good one, I don't know. I'm tired of always hearing about a LB/DL pick - maybe I'm wrong though, maybe that is just what we need.

Sorry I meant LB/DL

Anway, I think our secondary needs the most work. We have one decent DB - Houston. Can anyone name another? No!!!! There may not be many good DB's in the draft this year, but maybe we could either draft or somehow trade for a good one, I don't know. I'm tired of always hearing about a LB/DL pick - maybe I'm wrong though, maybe that is just what we need.

yes sir you are wrong, but you are always intitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is. :D

we've got players for the vacant spots in the secondary, just don't know who well they will do as starters. Same with one of the lbs, but they do have much more experience as a whole. Im sure the secondary will be addressed in the draft. The fo is bringing in a lot of cbs for work outs.

Sorry I meant LB/DL

We have one proven LB. The rest are unproven or in their declining years.

we've got players for the vacant spots in the secondary, just don't know who well they will do as starters. Same with one of the lbs, but they do have much more experience as a whole. Im sure the secondary will be addressed in the draft. The fo is bringing in a lot of cbs for work outs.

I agree we will get a CB but as you can see from the players being brought in, I dont think it will be addressed early.

We have one proven LB. The rest are unproven or in their declining years.

You really dont like our LB huh

You really dont like our LB huh

I don't mind where we are at LB, but we need more. We lost 2 starters. James has never seen the field, Nicholas as played well in spots, but we don't know if he can hold up for the whole season, Wire is special teams and run D while Peterson is in his declining years. Assuming Peterson will back up Lofton at MLB and play some SLB with Wire while Nicholas, backed by James fill the other side, it is an adequate group. With the lack of a run-stuffing DT and a big pass rush, that group will be under a lot of pressure.

I don't mind where we are at LB, but we need more. We lost 2 starters. James has never seen the field, Nicholas as played well in spots, but we don't know if he can hold up for the whole season, Wire is special teams and run D while Peterson is in his declining years. Assuming Peterson will back up Lofton at MLB and play some SLB with Wire while Nicholas, backed by James fill the other side, it is an adequate group. With the lack of a run-stuffing DT and a big pass rush, that group will be under a lot of pressure.

I agree that we are lacking a DT and pass rush, that is why i place DE and DT higher than LB, CB, SAfety

Our secondary will look much better with a better pass rush. D Line is much more important than our secondary. Houston has gotten better every year and im expecting Jackson to be a very good corner for us. Coleman has his spot locked down and DeCoud has a chance at the other. We might draft a saftey early but I wouldnt count on us drafting a CB with one of our first 3 picks