My Fishies! Check'em out

Guest Regular Guy

Guest Regular Guy

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

There they are folks!

Guest Regular Guy
I didn't know you are gay... not that ther is anything wrong with that.

Hehehaha, yeah I am as gay as you are I'm guessing. You know that old saying "it takes one to know one"?

Better not tell my wife and kids just yet, you know, about me being gay and all :)

I do like my fish, it's relaxing to watch them.

Guest Regular Guy
silver dollars, green and reg. tiger barbs, red tail shark, mollies and/or platty's and gouramis? did i get them all?

Almost got'em all. 1 albino barb in there, 2 Cory catfish, 1 clown pleco. The rest you got rught on! My daughter likes the "Mickey Mouse" Platy the best.

Guest Regular Guy
That sounds like some Mystical Potato Head Thing

You got the artist right, it's Flying In A Blue Dream by Joe Satriani. I thought that would be cool sice the aquarium is blue.

Guest Regular Guy

Nah, just the Platys. The rest are semi aggressive. The Barbs like to nip at other fish but for whatever reason they leave the platys the **** alone! The Silver Dollars are related to Piranhas, they actually shoal togehter in the wild. The Red Tail Shark rules the bottom of the tank, the Opaline Gourami (the yellow one) rules the top water. But none of them mess with the "sissy" Platys, there are 4 of them and they are NEVER bothered. Maybe my other fish are homo phobic :lol:

Almost got'em all. 1 albino barb in there, 2 Cory catfish, 1 clown pleco. The rest you got rught on! My daughter likes the "Mickey Mouse" Platy the best.

for only watching the first couple of minutes, i didn't do too shabby. never saw those that i missed in the first couple of minutes, but ah well. i've got a 58 gallon freshwater with 2 blood parrots that are about 5 inches long each, a stripped rafael catfish that's about 2 1/2 across and 4-5 long, and an silver arawana that's closing in on 2 feet. ^_^

Guest Regular Guy
You should get some cichlids in there.

Yeah, that would be nasty! There would be fish pieces all over the place! All of the fish I have stay somewhat small. The Gouramis and the shark will get about 4 inches long. The rest (barbs and platys and the bottom feeders) will get about 2 inches or so. The Silver Dollars will get a little bigger than they are now. They are already a tad bigger than an actual silver dollar coin, when I first got them, they were nickels :) I used to have a 75 gallon aquarium and all that was in it were two 8 inch long plecos and one 12 inch long Oscar (Cichlid). THAT'S ALL, anything else would have been eaten unless I bought another cichlid about the same size. The fish was UGLY too, not at all "pretty". Her name was Doc. I wanted so bad to dump her in the pond behind my house which was about a 5 acre pond, but I never did. The aquarium was given to me with Doc and the plecos. I kept it about 2 years then sold it CHEAP!!

Oddly enough, the 55 gallon one above was given to me as well, but without fish this time, so I got to put what I wanted in it. A buddy of mine moved to Arizona and did not want to take the aquarium so he gave the whole shebang to me. If I had the loot, I would actually buy a new one, a 75 or bigger and buy some really nice decorations for it, but oh well, it is what it is. I still like it.

Guest Regular Guy
for only watching the first couple of minutes, i didn't do too shabby. never saw those that i missed in the first couple of minutes, but ah well. i've got a 58 gallon freshwater with 2 blood parrots that are about 5 inches long each, a stripped rafael catfish that's about 2 1/2 across and 4-5 long, and an silver arawana that's closing in on 2 feet. ^_^

The bottom feeders (Cory Catfish and Clown Pleco) can be seen at the start, look at the bottom right at the beginning and you can see the Clown hopping a little bit, one of the Corys is to the left some, toward the middle maybe. If you see the HD button on the right bottom of the video, click it to enlarge it and you can see them better. I recorded the video in h.264 format and then edited it and saved it to .mp4 format (also HD) and then upped it to YouTube where they downsample it like mad. It's still fairly clear in HD mode though. If you don't see the HD button, go to your account settings on YouTube and you can select to have HD option shown to you if the video is available iin HD.

I am surprised that the 2 footer hasn't turned the smaller ones into lunch, you must keep him well fed!

Guest Regular Guy
Yeah, that would be nasty! There would be fish pieces all over the place! All of the fish I have stay somewhat small. The Gouramis and the shark will get about 4 inches long. The rest (barbs and platys and the bottom feeders) will get about 2 inches or so. The Silver Dollars will get a little bigger than they are now. They are already a tad bigger than an actual silver dollar coin, when I first got them, they were nickels :) I used to have a 75 gallon aquarium and all that was in it were two 8 inch long plecos and one 12 inch long Oscar (Cichlid). THAT'S ALL, anything else would have been eaten unless I bought another cichlid about the same size. The fish was UGLY too, not at all "pretty". Her name was Doc. I wanted so bad to dump her in the pond behind my house which was about a 5 acre pond, but I never did. The aquarium was given to me with Doc and the plecos. I kept it about 2 years then sold it CHEAP!!

Oddly enough, the 55 gallon one above was given to me as well, but without fish this time, so I got to put what I wanted in it. A buddy of mine moved to Arizona and did not want to take the aquarium so he gave the whole shebang to me. If I had the loot, I would actually buy a new one, a 75 or bigger and buy some really nice decorations for it, but oh well, it is what it is. I still like it.

I actually just watched it at the start, the 2 Corys are to the left in front of a plant, and the pleco is to the right in front of the plant, you can also see the shark beside the corys, he's over by his boat that he likes to hide in.

Big tanks are just a waste, **** I have 75 gallon with a lizard in it right now and all he does is sleep all day.

The bottom feeders (Cory Catfish and Clown Pleco) can be seen at the start, look at the bottom right at the beginning and you can see the Clown hopping a little bit, one of the Corys is to the left some, toward the middle maybe. If you see the HD button on the right bottom of the video, click it to enlarge it and you can see them better. I recorded the video in h.264 format and then edited it and saved it to .mp4 format (also HD) and then upped it to YouTube where they downsample it like mad. It's still fairly clear in HD mode though. If you don't see the HD button, go to your account settings on YouTube and you can select to have HD option shown to you if the video is available iin HD.

I am surprised that the 2 footer hasn't turned the smaller ones into lunch, you must keep him well fed!

the arawana does get fed pretty good. he goes through 40 crickets and 10-15 feeder goldfish a week. the blood parrots are such and odd shape for a cichlid that the arawana can't swallow them down.

I can appreciate this thread. I used to have aquariums a few years ago but I have a job that requires moves from time to time. Decorating an aquaruim is a matter of personal taste. I prefer the all natural look of sand colored gravel, real plants and pieces of petrified wood for decorations. My all time favorite fish are Suilver Dollars.

My worst aquaruim moment: my aunt and uncle from Florida visited one time and they slept in my bedroom. I made the mistake of leaving the aquarium light on. Duringt he night my aunt tried to turn off the light but instead turned the heater to HIGH. We could have had boiled fish for breakfast. I lost everything.