What Grinds My Gears

Falconsfan567

You know what really grinds my gears? Brian McCann not getting his due respect. How in the **** can Geovany Soto play only 1 year and get more love than McCann? :huh: Oh that's right he plays for the loveable losers. <_< How many times have we seen guys have good rookie year only to crash and burn and never come close to repeating their rookie performance? It happens all the time. Let him do it for more than 1 year and maybe I'll give him respect. Russell Martin can't hold McCann's jock when it comes to power and production. The only one you can make a legit arguement for is Joe Mauer.

Here is a bonus what really grinds my gears. When did the Mets-Phillies rivalry become "the rivalry" of the NL East? That just eats at me constantly. But I'll guess they'll have to get over it when the Braves **** both teams up this year and win the NL East and get back what rightfully belongs to them. B)

Johan will be a big disapointment this year IMO.

Hi elbow will hurt his play.

Him and Hamels both with sore elbows. Bad news for the Phils and Mets. Good news for the Bravos. The Phils and Mets have had great luck for avoiding injuries unlike the Braves the last 4 seasons. It's time for that to turn around and go back in the Braves favor. :D

Also is there a more overrated pitcher out there than Johan Santana? I would take Beckett, Halladay, Lincecum, Peavy, Webb and even Hudson over Santana in a heartbeat.

This all sounds familiar, i think it's been building up for a while :lol:

I already texted u my feelings on the santana thing a few days ago, but I've been having some problems with my phone the last few days so I dont know if it went through.

But anyway, I don't think Santana is that overrated. He's one of the best pitchers in the league. I would definitely take Halladay and Lincecum (b/of age) over him, and probably Webb and Peavy.

But when talking overrated pitchers, look no further than Josh Beckett. He is the Ben Sheets of the AL. In his three years in Boston he has had an ERA under 4.00 once. However, in the past 7 seasons, Santana has only been over 3.00 twice. It isnt even close, Santana is much better than Beckett.

This all sounds familiar, i think it's been building up for a while :lol:

I already texted u my feelings on the santana thing a few days ago, but I've been having some problems with my phone the last few days so I dont know if it went through.

But anyway, I don't think Santana is that overrated. He's one of the best pitchers in the league. I would definitely take Halladay and Lincecum (b/of age) over him, and probably Webb and Peavy.

But when talking overrated pitchers, look no further than Josh Beckett. He is the Ben Sheets of the AL. In his three years in Boston he has had an ERA under 4.00 once. However, in the past 7 seasons, Santana has only been over 3.00 twice. It isnt even close, Santana is much better than Beckett.

Yes I got it but I wanted others opinions as well. :lol: Like I said Beckett when healthy is as good as you're gonna find. For me it comes down to him and Halladay for best pitcher in baseball. Not Santana. Halladay would have so much media attention if he pitched in Boston or New York. The fact he has been pitching all those years in Toronto hasn't help at all.

Also as I told you I would sacrafic a little defense for the extra power that McCann has over Mauer. No doubt Mauer is the best defensive catcher in baseball.

Yes I got it but I wanted others opinions as well. :lol: Like I said Beckett when healthy is as good as you're gonna find. For me it comes down to him and Halladay for best pitcher in baseball. Not Santana. Halladay would have so much media attention if he pitched in Boston or New York. The fact he has been pitching all those years in Toronto hasn't help at all.

Also as I told you I would sacrafic a little defense for the extra power that McCann has over Mauer. No doubt Mauer is the best defensive catcher in baseball.

well since we are using the "if healthy loophole, I gotta throw Erik Bedard in the mix. When he is 100% he is nearly unhittable.

I was furious during last year's All-Star game. McCann should have really been in that game a lot earlier instead they let Martin play like 9 freaking innings and McCann never even had an opportunity to hit. Let McCann have a chance at the plate and thta game may have ended a lot differently.

I'll take Mauer, but B-Mac is easily 2.

What is better about Mauer than McCann, outside of his throwing out runners? Brian is just as good behind the play besides that one area (which he has worked extremely hard at this year), while being a better all-around hitter than Joe.

He hits for a better average and strikes out less too.

The strikeouts are about even there. In '07 he (Mauer) played in 30 less games, and struck out 23 less times. Who knows how close the numbers would have been there, which was also McCann's worse year hitting wise (he was feeling the ankle injury for a good portion of the season). In '06, their strikeout numbers were even at 54, with McCann batting .333 compared to Mauer's .347. B-Mac has also hit more doubles in every season so far. Like I said, the only real distinguishing difference between Mauer and McCann is that Mauer throws out more runners and takes more walks.

i have to agree on the McCann over Mauer argument... would you really give up 20-30 home run potential for a career average of 9? Just to gain 20 points on an already stellar (.297) batting average?

McCann HR 1 per 23.3 AB's

Mauer HR 1 per 46.8 AB's

McCann RBI 1 per 5.54

Mauer RBI 1 per 6.8

McCann 2B 1 per 13.5 AB's

Mauer 2B 1 per 16.08

Only categories Mauer has a lead over B-Mac

Mauer BB 1 per 8.05

McCann BB 1 per 11.8

(counting AB's where hitter drew a BB

Mauer K 1 per 8.83

McCann K 1 per 7.5

(not counting AB's where hitter drew a BB)

and I don't think anyone is going to argue that Mauer has a better arm.... But I'll take B-Mac's .859 OPS & .501 Slugging over Mauer's .856 and .457

And B-Mac stole 5 bases last year to Mauer's 1!

i have to agree on the McCann over Mauer argument... would you really give up 20-30 home run potential for a career average of 9? Just to gain 20 points on an already stellar (.297) batting average?

McCann HR 1 per 23.3 AB's

Mauer HR 1 per 46.8 AB's

McCann RBI 1 per 5.54

Mauer RBI 1 per 6.8

McCann 2B 1 per 13.5 AB's

Mauer 2B 1 per 16.08

Only categories Mauer has a lead over B-Mac

Mauer BB 1 per 8.05

McCann BB 1 per 11.8

(counting AB's where hitter drew a BB

Mauer K 1 per 8.83

McCann K 1 per 7.5

(not counting AB's where hitter drew a BB)

and I don't think anyone is going to argue that Mauer has a better arm.... But I'll take B-Mac's .859 OPS & .501 Slugging over Mauer's .856 and .457

And B-Mac stole 5 bases last year to Mauer's 1!

I think we all know that B-Mac is slowly turning into a base stealing machine. :lol:

I was furious during last year's All-Star game. McCann should have really been in that game a lot earlier instead they let Martin play like 9 freaking innings and McCann never even had an opportunity to hit. Let McCann have a chance at the plate and thta game may have ended a lot differently.

**** straight. McCann is always getting short changed.

The strikeouts are about even there. In '07 he (Mauer) played in 30 less games, and struck out 23 less times. Who knows how close the numbers would have been there, which was also McCann's worse year hitting wise (he was feeling the ankle injury for a good portion of the season). In '06, their strikeout numbers were even at 54, with McCann batting .333 compared to Mauer's .347. B-Mac has also hit more doubles in every season so far. Like I said, the only real distinguishing difference between Mauer and McCann is that Mauer throws out more runners and takes more walks.

Exactly right.

I think we all know that B-Mac is slowly turning into a base stealing machine. :lol:

Oh yeah. During the WBC they made me mad because they were hating on McCann's lack of speed. They must have missed those 5 stolen bases and that 1 triple he had last season. :lol: