Josh Anderson traded

The Don™

According to David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Tigers acquired outfielder Josh Anderson from the Braves for minor league pitcher Rudy Darrow.

Darrow, 24, is a former college wrestler who is listed at 5'10", 180 lbs. The Tommy John survivor uses a sidearm delivery to touch 94, and Baseball America suggests he could pitch in the Majors this year. As such, it seems odd that the Tigers would trade him.

The speedy Anderson was unable to win the Braves' center field job, which presumably goes to Jordan Schafer now.

Tigers acquired outfielder Josh Anderson from the Braves in exchange for RHP Rudy Darrow.

Parting with Anderson may open the door for prospect Jordan Schafer to be the Braves' starting center fielder, although going with Gregor Blanco in the short term remains an option. Anderson will be a bench player in Detroit, which is role that suits his speed-based skill set much better than regular playing time. Darrow is a ground-ball pitcher with good numbers thus far, but spent most of last season as a 24-year-old at Single-A.Related: Gregor Blanco, Jordan Schafer, Braves

so this is just an extension of the oscar villarreal trade ehh.... lets see if this turns into a 6 degrees of separation type deal lol

So far for Kevin Millwood we've gotten Johnny Estrada, who was traded for Lance Cormier and Oscar Villarreal. Cormier was released, while Vilarreal was traded for Josh Anderson, who was traded for Rudy Darrow.

I realize he's not young which is why Detroit was willing to trade him but I like Darrow as a prospect. He's a guy I could see making the jump to the majors toward the end of the season.

I do too. If he can gain more control of his pitches, this kid has the stuff to be a nasty closer or setup man in the future. What makes him a better fit for one of those spots is his groundball-flyball ration too. He rarely gives up the homerun, which a lot of closer have a penchant for.