Shefter MIA at NFL Network

muskokas finest ©

NFL Network puts reporter on ice

What's up with Adam Schefter, alumnus of Bellmore Kennedy High and one of the NFL Network's most recognizable figures?

Schefter hasn't blogged on NFL.com since March 3, hasn't appeared on "Total Access" since March 6 and was nowhere to be seen at this past week's owners' meetings in California.

All Schefter would say about it was this: "I'm under contract to NFL Network until the middle of August, and I've been very happy there and I'm hoping we can work things out."

Hmm. OK, so it appears there is a lack of an agreement on the financial terms of a contract extension. From what I have heard, this involves a quite substantial gap.

But why the mysterious disappearance from the network at the busiest time of the offseason?

The NFL Network's statement: "We are moving forward with the talented staff who will be on NFL Network and NFL.com during the 2009 season."

I would really miss Shefter's contributions up to and including the draft, even if he does take a lot of the surprise out of it

NFL Network puts reporter on ice

What's up with Adam Schefter, alumnus of Bellmore Kennedy High and one of the NFL Network's most recognizable figures?

Schefter hasn't blogged on NFL.com since March 3, hasn't appeared on "Total Access" since March 6 and was nowhere to be seen at this past week's owners' meetings in California.

All Schefter would say about it was this: "I'm under contract to NFL Network until the middle of August, and I've been very happy there and I'm hoping we can work things out."

Hmm. OK, so it appears there is a lack of an agreement on the financial terms of a contract extension. From what I have heard, this involves a quite substantial gap.

But why the mysterious disappearance from the network at the busiest time of the offseason?

The NFL Network's statement: "We are moving forward with the talented staff who will be on NFL Network and NFL.com during the 2009 season."

I would really miss Shefter's contributions up to and including the draft, even if he does take a lot of the surprise out of it

Wow i thought that Adam was irreplaceable, i guess not. I really liked Adam, I guess the Network thought they could get younger and faster, so they are letting him walk

smh at you guys thinking you won't be able to watch him any more. if he leaves nfln, chances are that he's going to espn. he's a very fast and accurate reporter and has a great voice. that should be enough for him to land a spot on the espn crew.

smh at you thinking espn would hire someone accurate.