Boston Globe suggest that Rodney Harrison.....

Yea I found this on kffl.com

Falcons | R. Harrison could be an option

Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:42:42 -0700

Mike Reiss, of The Boston Globe, reports the Atlanta Falcons might consider signing free-agent SS Rodney Harrison (Patriots) should CB Thomas DeCoud be unable to seize a starting job

I was gonna start a thread on this, glad I looked ahead!!!!!

shows the FO isnt as confident in Decoud as some of the people here. This could be a cheap realistic option should we not land a safety in the draft...

Actually it doesn't show anything.

The Boston Globe doesn't have inside knowledge of our F.O.'s mindset.

In the interviews I've seen, they are confident our draftees from last year have the tools to legitimately compete for a starting job.

And even if we do get Harrison, his leadership in invaluable to a young secondary, whether he plays most of the downs or not.

Actually it doesn't show anything.

The Boston Globe doesn't have inside knowledge of our F.O.'s mindset.

In the interviews I've seen, they are confident our draftees from last year have the tools to legitimately compete for a starting job.

And even if we do get Harrison, his leadership in invaluable to a young secondary, whether he plays most of the downs or not.

I assume they have sources and aren't just making stuff up. The way that was written, made me believe they are basing this on something

And of course the FO isn't going to talk bad about current players on the roster in interviews. Come on man. Do you really think TD would come out and say, "we do not have confidence in Decoud starting this year?"

it sounded like they were suggesting Harrison as a last resort

Agreed wit this statement. I think it depends on the draft. I think if we don't get the player we want or if injury occurs in camp, we might get him or another SS. He might be consider a "dirty" player, but I wouldn't mind havin him as a last resort.

I assume they have sources and aren't just making stuff up. The way that was written, made me believe they are basing this on something

And of course the FO isn't going to talk bad about current players on the roster in interviews. Come on man. Do you really think TD would come out and say, "we do not have confidence in Decoud starting this year?"

Look at it like this. We have verified MLB starter in Curtis Lofton, yet signed another, veteran MLB in Mike Peterson, who may or may not be solid at OLB at his age. The important thing to remember is that he knows alot about the game and can help Curtis and the other LB's progress, and is very familiar with Mike Smith.

It's the same with Harrison. He is a seasoned vet who can help our young DB's and is already familiar with Dimitroff. I'm not saying that if we got him he absolutely wouldn't start over Decoud (who might prompt us to to slide Coleman to SS) but as somebody who has seen newspaper speculation be taken as gospel far too many times, it's best not to read into too deeply at this point as far as how we feel about Decoud.

Yea I found this on kffl.com

Falcons | R. Harrison could be an option

Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:42:42 -0700

Mike Reiss, of The Boston Globe, reports the Atlanta Falcons might consider signing free-agent SS Rodney Harrison (Patriots) should CB Thomas DeCoud be unable to seize a starting job

I was gonna start a thread on this, glad I looked ahead!!!!!

How could Decoud seize the starting job right now anyway? Are they talking about after the draft? It seems like a smoke screen at best. Harrison is way past his prime.

Look at it like this. We have verified MLB starter in Curtis Lofton, yet signed another, veteran MLB in Mike Peterson, who may or may not be solid at OLB at his age. The important thing to remember is that he knows alot about the game and can help Curtis and the other LB's progress, and is very familiar with Mike Smith.

It's the same with Harrison. He is a seasoned vet who can help our young DB's and is already familiar with Dimitroff. I'm not saying that if we got him he absolutely wouldn't start over Decoud (who might prompt us to to slide Coleman to SS) but as somebody who has seen newspaper speculation be taken as gospel far too many times, it's best not to read into too deeply at this point as far as how we feel about Decoud.

Isn't that what Milloy was for?

The problem with your Theory is the Dimitroff isnt calling plays, so there is nothing to get familiar with, our players dont need to get familiar with Dimitoff, so x-nay on your Theory. If we had previously played for Smith then i can see that happening but I dont think so,

Don't know how late I am, but the Falcons aren't convinced that their top safety on the board will be there when they are ready to pick and he is not considered 1st round material. The FA hunt has restarted for the Falcons in mind only and if no one that they feel comfortable with in the draft is sitting there then some of the guys that are looked at here as big no-no's could end up in red and black.

The problem with your Theory is the Dimitroff isnt calling plays, so there is nothing to get familiar with, our players dont need to get familiar with Dimitoff, so x-nay on your Theory. If we had previously played for Smith then i can see that happening but I dont think so,

You could say the same thing with Pioli and Cassel.

People feel comfortable with guys they have alot of experience around.

Dimitroff is fully aware of what Harrison can do, college scouts, even the head ones, make sure to familiarize themselves with the guys they already have as they evaluate talent in the college ranks.

Familiarity doesn't just mean you ran plays for that person.

And as far as the person commenting on Milloy leadership thing, he did provide leadership, but was somewhat discontent (according to some writers), declined in production, and was rumored to want to possible re-unite with Mora once he took over (hasn't happened yet)

And just being a leader doesn't wash all that stuff away, one year of learning under a vet is probably not sufficient enough when you are trying to bring young guys along.

By your same theory, we had Keith Brooking and since he was a leader we should have just kept him around.

Things didn't work out/he wasn't playing as well, so we brought in another leader in Mike Peterson.

Get what I'm saying?

You could say the same thing with Pioli and Cassel.

People feel comfortable with guys they have alot of experience around.

Dimitroff is fully aware of what Harrison can do, college scouts, even the head ones, make sure to familiarize themselves with the guys they already have as they evaluate talent in the college ranks.

Familiarity doesn't just mean you ran plays for that person.

And as far as the person commenting on Milloy leadership thing, he did provide leadership, but was somewhat discontent (according to some writers), declined in production, and was rumored to want to possible re-unite with Mora once he took over (hasn't happened yet)

And just being a leader doesn't wash all that stuff away, one year of learning under a vet is probably not sufficient enough when you are trying to bring young guys along.

By your same theory, we had Keith Brooking and since he was a leader we should have just kept him around.

Things didn't work out/he wasn't playing as well, so we brought in another leader in Mike Peterson.

Get what I'm saying?

A little bit.