NFL Network May Be Dropped From Comcast's Lineup !

willc1975

To all of you football fanatics , I received some very disturbing message on my cable box this morning and I'd like to share it with you .

Sports and Entertainment pack customers : In spite of Concast's efforts , NFL may terminate our right to carry NFL Network . As a result the network may be removed from your channel lineup on or about May 1 .

This we don't need ! I know for one thing , if this happens I am gonna be one angry person and I know that a lot of you will be feeling the same way too . I wonder if this has do do with that mess a back in 2007 when the Patriots were trying to go undefeated and their final regular season game against the N.Y Giants was to be televised by NFL Network , but there was a uproar cause their were some cable companies that did not carry the NFL Network on their system and some systems ( like Comcast ) carried it as a part of their pay sports tier package . I beleive that the NFL Network had wanted their Network to be shown on basic channels like ESPN . So here we are with this crisis and it make me wonder who should we blame for this mess happening . I know one thing , I don't want to be going to a sports bar every Thursday nights to watch the NFL ( Except if the Falcons are on there ) . I just hope hope that someone can put some pressure on whoever is responsible for this mess . I'd like to know how you guys feel about this .

This is gonna happen - I saw a thing on one of the news channels and they were interviewing an NFL higher up (not Goddell) and he was saying that the NFL and DirectTV were in talks for all NFL programming to become exclusive with DirectTV. He said that would go for all local and national televised games

That would put Comcast out of business

This is just the beginning LINK

This is gonna happen - I saw a thing on one of the news channels and they were interviewing an NFL higher up (not Goddell) and he was saying that the NFL and DirectTV were in talks for all NFL programming to become exclusive with DirectTV. He said that would go for all local and national televised games

That would put Comcast out of business

This is just the beginning LINK

That is not good ! I don't know what to make of all this , but looks like GREED is rearing it's ugly head again and looks like poor Joe ( sucker ) fan is gonna be caught in the middle of of all of this ! I just hate this !

Paying Comcast's local "franchise fee" and dealing with their escalating prices is why I switched to Directv two years ago. I enjoy a clearer picture and have a lower monthly bill now. I can't believe it took me as long as it did to switch.

DTV is a superior service to Comcast in my opinion. Paying less/month is the coolest part tho.

this is not new - NFL network and comcast have been in a fight about this for years, and have gone to court about it - most of the large cable companies do not carry nfl network (I had Charter for years and they never had it)

the reason? money, of course - the NFL network is insisting that if the cable companies carry the network they put it in basic cable - the cable companies say the fees charged by teh NFL for the right to carry the network it is too expensive to put in basic cable and they want to put it in sport packages to charge customers who want it to get it

google it - its been going on for years

personally, I blame the NFL - I think the rights fees they are charging are more expensive than ESPN and they are basically setting us all up to move all the games to a NFL controlled network down the road - they are trying to get the fans used to paying for NFL games on tv

I would say "hey, join the party!"

At least you Comcast folks had it for a little while. Us Time Warner people never had the option for the NFL network, since NFLN and TWC can never come to any type of deal either side can agree with.

Money-grubbin' pricks.

The NFL has to tred lightly.........with the very real possibility of a lock out in the next couple of years. its not a time that the nfl can afford to lose ANY fans////////

If Cuban can get his league up and running, with a few viable nfl players................... the next couple of years could be the first time in my life time ( im 28) that the nfl is seriously challenged by another football league.

The NFL has to tred lightly.........with the very real possibility of a lock out in the next couple of years. its not a time that the nfl can afford to lose ANY fans////////

If Cuban can get his league up and running, with a few viable nfl players................... the next couple of years could be the first time in my life time ( im 28) that the nfl is seriously challenged by another football league.

You're talking about the UFL right? :lol: A league with 4 teams - a 6 game schedule - televised only on the Versus network (Owned by Comcast who is about to drop the NFL Network) - and only 1 stadium so far to field the teams. Even Cuban has stepped back from it, says he might join the league in 2010 or 2011 (Citing the economic situation of the country for waiting).

XFL wil go down in history as more of a challenge to the NFL than the UFL.

You're talking about the UFL right? :lol: A league with 4 teams - a 6 game schedule - televised only on the Versus network (Owned by Comcast who is about to drop the NFL Network) - and only 1 stadium so far to field the teams. Even Cuban has stepped back from it, says he might join the league in 2010 or 2011 (Citing the economic situation of the country for waiting).

XFL wil go down in history as more of a challenge to the NFL than the UFL.

initially you are right............

however long term again IF done right they could be a threat, if the NFL alienates its fan base by doing things like charging too much where people lose nfl network, the continuing growing cost of sunday ticket in a bad economy. or as someone mentioned, the rumor, which I have heard before, ( as to how true I dunno) but that the nfl would move EVERYTHING to D-TV................and of course the worse case scenario of a lock out.

It is not a stretch to think the UFL could be a viable option to the nfl.

yea this sucks. well atleast we get to see the draft

[/quote

You can still see the draft on Espn you know . Man , I'm gonna miss watching those classic games and the reruns of all the pre-season games that they show of every team . I wish there was a way the fans could put pressure on these bigwigs that are ruining this for the die hard fans who may mot be able to make any type of change on what system they watch with this economy that were in .

initially you are right............

however long term again IF done right they could be a threat, if the NFL alienates its fan base by doing things like charging too much where people lose nfl network, the continuing growing cost of sunday ticket in a bad economy. or as someone mentioned, the rumor, which I have heard before, ( as to how true I dunno) but that the nfl would move EVERYTHING to D-TV................and of course the worse case scenario of a lock out.

It is not a stretch to think the UFL could be a viable option to the nfl.

dude...everything's going to D-TV.........it's a Federal mandate

Charter doesn't have NFL network anymore, it seems Comcast is losing it as well, the only way to see it is threw Sat.

Hatchet, you in the Carrollton area? I ask because I have Charter as well and I don't recall them EVER having NFL Network. GABAN... you know if you had it you wouldn't be saying that. I would love to have NFL network.

I get a great deal with Charter cause I have internet, phone, and cable so that's why I haven't went back to dish, had it before I moved to my current home.