Crazy looking fish.

I would have never imagined that we had animals on Earth like this. And what the **** are those at 1:36 and 2:09? And that thing at 4:00 is pretty cool too. It's amazing how they can make rainbow colors, make themselves flash blue, and how that shrimp can shoot out what looks like a flare. You would think these fish were filmed on another planet, but they're here on Earth, between 1,000 and 5,000 meters below the ocean's surface.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

This is YouTube's gift to pot smokers :lol: :P

But seriously, cool vid. There are probably thousands of species on Earth that we've yet to discover. About the flashing lights on the fish, I'm wondering how much of that is caused by the light reflecting off the fish. I think it's possible the fish's skin may cause a prism effect and that's what the colors appear as they do. Just a theory.

But seriously, cool vid. There are probably thousands of species on Earth that we've yet to discover. About the flashing lights on the fish, I'm wondering how much of that is caused by the light reflecting off the fish. I think it's possible the fish's skin may cause a prism effect and that's what the colors appear as they do. Just a theory.

Actually it's caused by chemicals. They have no light that deep and use a chemical reaction to attract other fish to them so they can eat.

Nah, I think that's all them, they have no light down that deep. I'm guessing it's a chemical reaction that attracts other fish so they can eat them.

Actually it's caused by chemicals. They have no light that deep and use a chemical reaction to attract other fish to them so they can eat.
Nah, I think that's all them, they have no light down that deep. I'm guessing it's a chemical reaction that attracts other fish so they can eat them.

I didn't mean to plagiarise your post! They're almost identical. :lol:

The light I was talking about was from the video camera that was shooting the footage. But the chemical thing makes sense.

They say there's a possibility of 300-400lb lobsters on the ocean floor from evolution and building resistance to extreme water pressure.

But what about the jellyfish in this video? You would think with them being as flimsy (not a good term) as they are, they'd be crushed in a second. Including any other fish in this video.

But what about the jellyfish in this video? You would think with them being as flimsy (not a good term) as they are, they'd be crushed in a second. Including any other fish in this video.

thats exactly why they arent crushed....because their 'internals' which are actually just clusters of colonial organisms hangin out together....have the same pressure at the ambient atmosphere...unlike us

we have multiple spaces in our body that are ambient to our surroundings/close to ambient pressure...for example our lungs, our gut/intestines, etc

jellies dont have pressurized spaces like we do, so ambient pressure at depth doesnt effect them as much

They say there's a possibility of 300-400lb lobsters on the ocean floor from evolution and building resistance to extreme water pressure.

the Japanese Spider crab is to date the largest known arthropod...it can grow to be 12 feet across...and it lives in relatively deep water

(800 meters)

thats exactly why they arent crushed....because their 'internals' which are actually just clusters of colonial organisms hangin out together....have the same pressure at the ambient atmosphere...unlike us

we have multiple spaces in our body that are ambient to our surroundings/close to ambient pressure...for example our lungs, our gut/intestines, etc

jellies dont have pressurized spaces like we do, so ambient pressure at depth doesnt effect them as much

But what about the other fish in the video? I'm sure they have multiple spaces in them. Great explanation on the jelly fish by the way.