Predictions.... Do we keep Redman and DJ this year?

I think we will keep Redman.He is a very serviceable backup and could keep us in contention should (god forbid) an injury occur.As for DJ i hope we let him go because i really believe he has the tools to be a great starting QB in this league but he wont get the chance with Matt tearing it up for years to come.If i was with Detroit,Chicago,TB,bills or the jets i would love to give DJ a try.It couldnt be any worse.Just my opinion.

I like Shockley, very underrated IMO, and hope he can play in the future. That said, he would have to go to another team to do it.

I would hope that we can draft a guy like Graham Harrell in the 6th round, and completely dissect and rebuild him to be a drop back passer, because while he has pretty poor arm strength and little experience in pro sets, his accuracy is off the charts.

I am a big believer in drafting guys you don't need in late rounds and building them up to be trade bait.

Shockleys couldn't beat out David Greene for the starting job at Georgia.....how many downs has Greene played in the NFL? Greene never played in a regular season NFL game to the best of my knowledge. Why should we keep the kid who was not as good as Greene?

David Greene broke practically every record at UGA, and was argueabley one of the best QB's in college history. And yeah, his ability didnt transition to the NFL, but either did Chris Leake or Danny Weurffel, etc....doesnt mean Shockley isnt/wasnt a good player.

Shockleys couldn't beat out David Greene for the starting job at Georgia.....how many downs has Greene played in the NFL? Greene never played in a regular season NFL game to the best of my knowledge. Why should we keep the kid who was not as good as Greene?

tom brady couldnt beat out brian griese at michigan. im not saying, i'm just saying.

i say we keep both redman and dj

I think we will keep Redman.He is a very serviceable backup and could keep us in contention should (god forbid) an injury occur.As for DJ i hope we let him go because i really believe he has the tools to be a great starting QB in this league but he wont get the chance with Matt tearing it up for years to come.If i was with Detroit,Chicago,TB,bills or the jets i would love to give DJ a try.It couldnt be any worse.Just my opinion.

TD quotes in the AJC, this should answer the thread title question

“We as an organization are encouraged and feel like our quarterback situation is evolving every day, with every practice and every game,” Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said. “We are fired up about going forward with the three (quarterbacks) that we have in place.”

“Chris has been a very positive influence for Matt and has helped him in this whole schooling process,” Dimitroff said. “D.J. as well. He’s been able to have a fine and keen eye during the games. The three of them share a lot of information when [Matt] comes off the field.”

End quotes

DJ is settling in at the NFL level and the future is looking bright for him whatever happens as long as he works hard like he has always done. Next year he will be a free agent or either sign back with the falcons as a backup. I believe Mularkey finds ways to use DJ on the field this year some.

this will be a big preseason for both guys....Redman didnt do so hot last one, so that will determine if we can trade bait him or not, and Shockley needs a good one to show he is advancing in his play....I fully expect them both to have a good preseason with full years under their belt in this system

crazy to think Shock has been around for 3 seasons now in some capacity

you would never get a 4th for Shockley, are you kidding? What has he done in the league that someone would trade a 4th round pick for him?? Maybe a 7th round pick or 6th tops

Not even on Madden. I like the guy, and he seems to have the intangibles, but no way we get a decent, if any, pick for him. If he takes the #2 spot, and gets some playing time due to injury, then he would have a chance to improve his stock. I would be more than fine if he never got that chance while being a Falcon.

David Greene broke practically every record at UGA, and was argueabley one of the best QB's in college history. And yeah, his ability didnt transition to the NFL, but either did Chris Leake or Danny Weurffel, etc....doesnt mean Shockley isnt/wasnt a good player.

You also left out Drew Henson. Tom Brady was Henson's back up at Michigan

I don't understand what happened to Greene. He had the tools to be a NFL QB at the least a backup. Seattle had their established starter and I guess Holmgren liked having a mobile QB as his backup.