We Should Win the NFC South

BenB321

Looking at the NFC South I am struck by the fact that two of the three teams we have to compete against have a lousy QBs. Tampa Bay has Luke McCown at QB who has a losing record of 1-6 and the team had an absolute meltdown after losing long time defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin.

The Panthers have Jake Delhomme who had one of the worst games by an NFL QB I have ever seen last year in the playoffs. There is no way the Panther players can have any confidence in him after witnessing that atrocity.

The Saints do have a good QB but no defense. If we can just get a pass rush out of someone other than Abe we can pound Brees's head into the ground and roll over their punk defense.

Last year as we showed against the Cards who went to the Super Bowl we were no pushover. If Ryan had not given away the snap count we could have very well won that game. In fact I believe the Falcons were the best in the NFC not withstanding the fact that the Panthers won the division. The Panthers were exposed in the playoffs, Tampa Bay went down in flames in the second half of the season and the Saints were probably the second best team next to the Falcons.

If TD can rebuild our defense like he did our offense last year we can be formidable this year. The future is now.

As bad as Delhomme played, honestly, he still is and has been a good quarterback. Not great, but good; he is not a lousy QB.

Honestly he is terrible. The only reason he has had success is because usually the Panthers have a good running game and Steve Smith constantly bails Delhomme out. I have never noticed an NFL starting QB throw into more double coverage than Delhomme.

As bad as Delhomme played, honestly, he still is and has been a good quarterback. Not great, but good; he is not a lousy QB.

I'll disagree with you on that one...I personally think he is the only thing holding that franchise back.

Solid coach, solid WR's, solid OL, solid RB's, solid LB unit last year, solid DB unit, and at least 2 competant/good DL players.

Delhomme is a good team guy though, always says the right things...and his saving grace was always his playoff performances. Now that illusion is distinctly gone, and all that remains is a QB that stares down Steven Smith and prays he gets open somehow.

Delhomme is no fall of famer, not even a solid pro bowler IMO, but I'm not gonna say he is garbage.

He played last year after undergoing tommy john's surgery, which really messes with you on a physical and even mental level. You never know what day your arm is gonna feel like crap, so I'll mostly give him a pass on last year, though that playoff game was a legendary example of fail.

our D vs the saints O is plain flat out scary.....If the saints pt together even a decent D, they could be very dangerous. The saints are also a rebound team as well. 1 year they suck and next year they are very good.

Panthers will be looking for revenge after the whooping we gave them last time we played them.

bucs... well cant count them out... I mean we rebuilt into a playoff team in one offseason.

If abe gets hurt we are flat out screwed on D. If we cant get a pass rush our D is gonna get burned worse than jason webster with butter.

our D vs the saints O is plain flat out scary.....If the saints pt together even a decent D, they could be very dangerous. The saints are also a rebound team as well. 1 year they suck and next year they are very good.

Panthers will be looking for revenge after the whooping we gave them last time we played them.

bucs... well cant count them out... I mean we rebuilt into a playoff team in one offseason.

If abe gets hurt we are flat out screwed on D. If we cant get a pass rush our D is gonna get burned worse than jason webster with butter.

I agree the Saints will be tough this year, like I said next to us I think they were the best in the division at the end of last year. TD has to focus the draft on defense. I just don't get people predicting we will waste the first pick on a TE when that is not a real need for us. TD personally picked Hartsock in free agency and Peele is a good back up. I really fail to see the need for a TE when we have so many holes on defense.

The defensive needs include DT, SS, CB, OLB and DE. OT may well be another, at least a backup. If TD can overhaul the defense like he did the offense it will be amazing but after last year I have faith that he can do it. We also have a great coaching staff to coach them up.

You are right of course about Abe, if he goes down we are screwed. I just don't know how you can come up with any other conclusion. McKay really left the cupboard bare when he was removed from the GM position.

The Saints defense is stacked, and they now have one of the best D-Coordinators in the NFL. The Saints are going to be a problem this year.

The coordinator is pretty good but signing Sharper, Spicer, Coleman and Greer don't strike me as great signings. We had needs at SS, DE, CB and DT and TD didn't choose to go after any of them. Sharper, Spicer and Coleman are all older and past their prime. The defense still doesn't scare me at all but their offense does especially that pain in the neck Brees. If we only had someone beside Abe to smash his head to the turf I would be a happy man. I also hate Reggie Bush. Some may make fun of him but every time we play the Saints he kills us. Hopefully with Brooking gone we will be able to knock his teeth out.

Way too early. Can someone delete this thread? We are still pre-draft! And we still don't know the starting rosters, between training camp battles, some more FA pickups, draft picks, and injuries, I can't call us winners.

Not sure what to think about Tampa, they haven't been spending any money, and their HC was a college level DC 2 and a half years ago. Carolina? I dunno, if Peppers is there, and Delhomme plays well, we don't know. Saints will fail though.

But still, too early. It's too early for the Steelers to say they will win the division.

Way too early. Can someone delete this thread? We are still pre-draft! And we still don't know the starting rosters, between training camp battles, some more FA pickups, draft picks, and injuries, I can't call us winners.

Not sure what to think about Tampa, they haven't been spending any money, and their HC was a college level DC 2 and a half years ago. Carolina? I dunno, if Peppers is there, and Delhomme plays well, we don't know. Saints will fail though.

But still, too early. It's too early for the Steelers to say they will win the division.

Man shut up about deleting someone's thread if you don't like it freakin leave. I specifically spoke about each teams QBs. Tell me what QB do you think the Panthers or Tampa Bay can pick up in the draft that will be an effective starting rookie QB. Unless they trade up they won't get Stafford or Sanchez so at this point unless they sign somebody else they're stuck with Delhomme and McCown just like I said.

It's too early to tell but you are sure the Saints will fail. OK....This is like arguing with Gazoo or a mentally challenged person which is about the same thing. Logic and rationality count for nothing. The Saints were the best team in the division at the end of the year next to us in my opinion. I don't get your logic at all. If anything the Saints should be one of the favorites.

Saying our team should do something is a bad omen IMO. We had a great year for a rebounding team, but nothing is a given. Be thankful not cocky. I just hope the Birds can continue to make progress. Next year is going to be tougher. Certain players are going to have to make adjustments by stepping into starting roles. Others will have to step up there game, because we will not be sneaking up on anyone. Bad teams from last year might catch fire like we did. Injuries and bad decisions can happen anytime. Mike Smith has his hands full, and we will see just what kind of coach he is. I'm optimistic though, and I think we will do well once again.

Saying our team should do something is a bad omen IMO. We had a great year for a rebounding team, but nothing is a given. Be thankful not cocky. I just hope the Birds can continue to make progress. Next year is going to be tougher. Certain players are going to have to make adjustments by stepping into starting roles. Others will have to step up there game, because we will not be sneaking up on anyone. Bad teams from last year might catch fire like we did. Injuries and bad decisions can happen anytime. Mike Smith has his hands full, and we will see just what kind of coach he is. I'm optimistic though, and I think we will do well once again.

Like you I'm optimistic but not superstitious (omens). Things may happen but I'm just looking at the situation as it is right now. Hopefully our defense will be much strengthened after the draft. Luke McCown and Delhomme do not scare me at all and I am thankful that it looks like both of them will be QBs in our division. Brees on the other hand is a dangerous cocky QB that needs to be pounded into the ground repeatedly or he will hurt us.

Man shut up about deleting someone's thread if you don't like it freakin leave. I specifically spoke about each teams QBs. Tell me what QB do you think the Panthers or Tampa Bay can pick up in the draft that will be an effective starting rookie QB. Unless they trade up they won't get Stafford or Sanchez so at this point unless they sign somebody else they're stuck with Delhomme and McCown just like I said.

It's too early to tell but you are sure the Saints will fail. OK....This is like arguing with Gazoo or a mentally challenged person which is about the same thing. Logic and rationality count for nothing. The Saints were the best team in the division at the end of the year next to us in my opinion. I don't get your logic at all. If anything the Saints should be one of the favorites.

Yes, basing everything off of QB's is foolish. You don't know who TB's QB is (they still have the money to pay for someone who wants a trade, like Jay Cutler), and you don't know if either team is going to trade up for a QB.

Delhomme got them to 12-4 you fool. Garcia won the NFC South last year. Brees, one of the best QB's in the league, didn't even make the playoffs.

Brees being one of the best QB's and his team failing is why you can't judge it like that. They had a garbage run game and little defense. But the Saints will fail because that is what they do. They have poor coaching, and a limited group of players that looks much better with Brees. The defense will fail them again. Peyton will fail again. He can't call plays, and the Saints can't draft. They will fail. Just like always.

While it is STILL to early to pick favorites (especially being based on QB's, considering they don't always pan out, and sometimes, I dunno, get injured) because it is ********, you have a very limited reasoning for why we win. Should we have been as good as we were last year? No! So I can't judge the coaching staff changes in our division, and judge the drafts before hand.

And I just meant you should delete it, because it is mental pollution.

That is why we need to get a DE in the draft preferably Micheal Johnson or Larry English. As a reminder Abe accounted for 47% of our total sacks last year. WE cant afford to wait until the 3rd round to get a pass rushing DE.

Like you I'm optimistic but not superstitious (omens). Things may happen but I'm just looking at the situation as it is right now. Hopefully our defense will be much strengthened after the draft. Luke McCown and Delhomme do not scare me at all and I am thankful that it looks like both of them will be QBs in our division. Brees on the other hand is a dangerous cocky QB that needs to be pounded into the ground repeatedly or he will hurt us.

I agree I am optimistic with you sir, I think we got a chance to win the SuperBowl next year, we may not but i am always going to hope for the best. I bet our players feel like they can make it to the Superbowl, so do I.

Just a Day in the Optimistic Mind of Jaymadd :D

That is why we need to get a DE in the draft preferably Micheal Johnson or Larry English. As a reminder Abe accounted for 47% of our total sacks last year. WE cant afford to wait until the 3rd round to get a pass rushing DE.

As long as it isnt MJ in the first, I would agree....even in the off chance he actually becomes an average pro football player, that will take more than 2 years....and Abe will be ready to pack it in.

Yes, basing everything off of QB's is foolish. You don't know who TB's QB is (they still have the money to pay for someone who wants a trade, like Jay Cutler), and you don't know if either team is going to trade up for a QB.

Delhomme got them to 12-4 you fool. Garcia won the NFC South last year. Brees, one of the best QB's in the league, didn't even make the playoffs.

Brees being one of the best QB's and his team failing is why you can't judge it like that. They had a garbage run game and little defense. But the Saints will fail because that is what they do. They have poor coaching, and a limited group of players that looks much better with Brees. The defense will fail them again. Peyton will fail again. He can't call plays, and the Saints can't draft. They will fail. Just like always.

While it is STILL to early to pick favorites (especially being based on QB's, considering they don't always pan out, and sometimes, I dunno, get injured) because it is ********, you have a very limited reasoning for why we win. Should we have been as good as we were last year? No! So I can't judge the coaching staff changes in our division, and judge the drafts before hand.

And I just meant you should delete it, because it is mental pollution.

You are pathetic, your post is riddled with errors and mistakes. Garcia did not win the NFC South last year you freakin mongloid. The Saints beat us and the Panthers in the second half of the season and in my opinion were the best NFC South team besides us at the end of the season.

You claim its too early to tell anything yet you claim you have certain knowledge the Saints will fail. You can't even take your own foolish advice. Most experts have said that it is unlikely Tampa will obtain Cutler because of the high cost that would be involved. So yes this subject warrants discussion.

Based upon your criteria one could never predict favorites because things may happen in the future including injuries and the draft. I completely reject your inane premise. The biggest factor on any team is the QB and it does not look like there will be any changes on any of the teams current QBs. The draft effected us mainly because of the pick of Ryan as our QB. Turner the other huge factor for our improvement was a FA. Most of the big FA signings have come and gone and it does not look like any major additions will be added to any of the teams in the NFC South.

Your post fails, and you fail go away and play Madden.

I'll disagree with you on that one...I personally think he is the only thing holding that franchise back.

Solid coach, solid WR's, solid OL, solid RB's, solid LB unit last year, solid DB unit, and at least 2 competant/good DL players.

Delhomme is a good team guy though, always says the right things...and his saving grace was always his playoff performances. Now that illusion is distinctly gone, and all that remains is a QB that stares down Steven Smith and prays he gets open somehow.

100% agree and I hope Carolina is dumb enough to give him one more year yet again and not push for Cutler.

I would not want to see Cutler in Carolina.

Looking at the NFC South I am struck by the fact that two of the three teams we have to compete against have a lousy QBs. Tampa Bay has Luke McCown at QB who has a losing record of 1-6 and the team had an absolute meltdown after losing long time defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin.

The Panthers have Jake Delhomme who had one of the worst games by an NFL QB I have ever seen last year in the playoffs. There is no way the Panther players can have any confidence in him after witnessing that atrocity.

The Saints do have a good QB but no defense. If we can just get a pass rush out of someone other than Abe we can pound Brees's head into the ground and roll over their punk defense.

Last year as we showed against the Cards who went to the Super Bowl we were no pushover. If Ryan had not given away the snap count we could have very well won that game. In fact I believe the Falcons were the best in the NFC not withstanding the fact that the Panthers won the division. The Panthers were exposed in the playoffs, Tampa Bay went down in flames in the second half of the season and the Saints were probably the second best team next to the Falcons.

If TD can rebuild our defense like he did our offense last year we can be formidable this year. The future is now.

Sorry to break it to you but this isn't last year and a lot of teams have improved through free agency plus our SOS is more difficult. The only problem with New Orleans last year was their defense and it looks like they are going to have a solid D . If that's the case then Bree's and company should be the early favorites.

Sorry to break it to you but this isn't last year and a lot of teams have improved through free agency plus our SOS is more difficult. The only problem with New Orleans last year was their defense and it looks like they are going to have a solid D . If that's the case then Bree's and company should be the early favorites.

I know it's not last year and have never said it was so why do you bring it up. Have you looked at just who New Orleans signed on defense. Sharper, Coleman and Spicer the three main signings are all old and past their prime. I agree that out of all the NFC teams I think New Orleans is the most dangerous but I don't see why they are better than us at this point.

100% agree and I hope Carolina is dumb enough to give him one more year yet again and not push for Cutler.

I would not want to see Cutler in Carolina.

Totally, 100% agree. I was worried that either TB or Carolina was going to upgrade the QB position. So far so good.