Am I the only one?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks the nickname Busterson for Jamaal Anderson is one of the dumbest sounding nicknames ever. I mean, come on, sure you can say Jamaal is a bust if you want, but Busterson? Really? :huh:

Some people (namely one poster) calling him that are making reference that he is a bust. I hope he proves them wrong this year.

Some people (namely one poster) calling him that are making reference that he is a bust. I hope he proves them wrong this year.

I think everyone would agree by this point though that JA has been highly dissapointing.....and fat.

I dont know what it will take to motivate him, but if something does, he will be fine.

He doesn't deserve the time it will take to do something better. If anyone wants to waste time thinking about it and make a suggestion I am sure the board will consider it. I wish you morons that want to wait until next year to see what he will do would wait to bring it back up until then. You whine and complain like a few people calling him a bust really matters and it will somehow affect next season. Give it a rest. There are plenty of debate threads on this already so go back and re-read any of them if you want to know where both sides stand.

i like using nicknames but only when they are positive.. matty ice ryan...but not negative.

if they were true falcons fans they wouldnt be so negative about our team.

Who are you to say how a true fan acts? Just because you want to be pippy longstalking do not presume to tell me or anyone else how to be a fan. A team is made up of members, moron, some help the effort and others do not. Calling out a weak player does not make you negative about the entire team.

well i personally cant stand a holes who consistently down players... you are no better i assure you! because if you were you wouldnt be on here b!tching you might actually be playing. I am also tired of the gay nicknames you give players not living up to your high and mighty standards COACH! oh wait your not the coach, so sit in your little office chair stare at this little computer screen and support our team and stop B!TCHIN about something you know nothing about!

and yes i can tell you how a fan should act b/c a fan supports the team! they dont call a guy in year 2 a bust our a vet who has spend 11 yr with our team washed up! im so sick of morons who say they are fans and have something negative about each player we have... if i see a player underachieving im not going to come up with some gay nickname and always complain about it. ill speak my mind ONCE and thats it.. i dont dwell on it... thats immature! some need to grow up!

well i personally cant stand a holes who consistently down players... you are no better i assure you! because if you were you wouldnt be on here b!tching you might actually be playing. I am also tired of the gay nicknames you give players not living up to your high and mighty standards COACH! oh wait your not the coach, so sit in your little office chair stare at this little computer screen and support our team and stop B!TCHIN about something you know nothing about!

and yes i can tell you how a fan should act b/c a fan supports the team! they dont call a guy in year 2 a bust our a vet who has spend 11 yr with our team washed up! im so sick of morons who say they are fans and have something negative about each player we have... if i see a player underachieving im not going to come up with some gay nickname and always complain about it. ill speak my mind ONCE and thats it.. i dont dwell on it... thats immature! some need to grow up!

So this is the last I will ever hear from you on this? Great. You ramble on a bit much for me.

Nicknames in general are stupid... except Matty Ice.

I hate board nicknames, ya know, the ones that are made up to save someone the effort of typing Jamaal Anderson... or John Abraham. C'mon, it's not hard.

If you don't call them that in the heat of the moment (not that moment.), then don't type it.

"Oh my God, JA98 got a sack!" ...no one would ever say that. ...and not because he wouldn't get a sack. Well, that too.

I chuckle everytime I see Busterson. One of the better nicknames out there and it's up to him to change the perception. One thing I have noticed is that around the league the general consensus is that his nickname is appropriate. Only on these MBs have I've seen anything to the contrary which I attribute to blind homerism. Another thing that suprises me is the fact that McKay doesn't get hammered more often for this pick which he neglected to personally work out. Look at all the players TD brings in to look at, what is McKay's excuse?

i like using nicknames but only when they are positive.. matty ice ryan...but not negative.

if they were true falcons fans they wouldnt be so negative about our team.

You hit it out of the park with that one! Fans are there through thick and thin to support the team. If you say I'm a Falcon fan but I don't like JA98 then you are more of a fan of not liking him than you are of the Falcons. I call it how it is and that's how it is.

Who are you to say how a true fan acts? Just because you want to be pippy longstalking do not presume to tell me or anyone else how to be a fan. A team is made up of members, moron, some help the effort and others do not. Calling out a weak player does not make you negative about the entire team.

Yes it most certainly does. I'm flabbergasted by people making that statement. It in itself is a contradiction. Being negative about a player on THE TEAM makes you negative towards THE TEAM. It's simple logic.

You hit it out of the park with that one! Fans are there through thick and thin to support the team. If you say I'm a Falcon fan but I don't like JA98 then you are more of a fan of not liking him than you are of the Falcons. I call it how it is and that's how it is.

That is total BS. It doesn't even make any sense. Fan of not liking a person? How is that even a coherent argument? I am a fan of the team and when someone consistently underperforms I am going to mention it because it hurts the team I love. You see there are two sides to this argument. On one side you have the people who do not think he should be labelled a bust. Why they care about someone else's personal opinions so much is beyond me. I blame it on having too much time on their hands. The other side wants to argue the situation on its merits of football and there is plenty of historical statistics to suggest that JA underperformed his second season.

He is a bust as a first round pick. The only question is whether or not he will be a total bust as a DE.