Chung and Vaughn

hawkeye

Looks like the FO is doing their due diligence to bring in safety prospects. I prefer Vaughn over Chung since Chip appears better in coverage. Vaughn appears to be a real smart guy who likes to work hard and study film.

Chip Vaughn NFL Draft Interview

DraftSeason: What is your current height, weight and 40 time?

Chip: 6'2, 220, TBA...

DraftSeason: How do you feel you rank amongst the other top safeties in the nation like the Tayors Mays, William Moore, what do you have that they don't?

Chip: I feel that I am one of the top DB's. I feel that my strongest attribute is that I am a corner that can play safety. All of those guys are great in what they do. It is a very strong DB class from top to bottom this year.

DraftSeason: Who has been the best wide receiver you have had a chance to play against?

Chip: Calvin Johnson

DraftSeason: What is your number 1 goal when it comes to this years 2009 NFL Draft?

Chip: My goal is to show all 32 teams that I am a well rounded player and that should get me drafted as high as I possibly can.

DraftSeason: What do you feel is your most underrated skill at the safety position?

Chip: That I am a true student of the game.

DraftSeason: Let me pick your brain quick, is fellow teammate Aaron Curry the real deal? Do you think he is worthy of a top 5 pick in the upcoming NFL Draft?

Chip: Aaron Curry is a beast! He is the best linebacker in the country and definitely worthy of a Top 5 selection.

DraftSeason: What has been the greatest moment of your college career?

Chip: Graduating from Wake Forest with 2 Bachelor degrees and winning the 2006 ACC Championship.

DraftSeason: Finally, which current NFL quarterback are you chomping at the bit to have the chance to pick off?

Chip: I think it is the other way around. Veteran quarterbacks are chomping at the bit to pick apart a rookie corner.

they are both good traditional SS who can deliver the hit at the line, but I have serious questions about their coverage insticts and abilities. If TD is really trying to obtain interchangeable safeties, these two prospects (along with William Moore) would not really fit the bill IMO.

Yeah I really want Delmas but I know he won't be there at 55 if we don't get him at 24. So my next choice would be Vaughn at 55.

they are both good traditional SS who can deliver the hit at the line, but I have serious questions about their coverage insticts and abilities. If TD is really trying to obtain interchangeable safeties, these two prospects (along with William Moore) would not really fit the bill IMO.

I think that Moore does fit the bill, considering that he played started at FS and SS. I think that the loss in weight really helped him.

I think that Moore does fit the bill, considering that he played started at FS and SS. I think that the loss in weight really helped him.

Moore has good hands, thats about it when it comes to coverage. I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. And I can't see how you have questions about Delmas' coverage ability, and then advocate a guy who is so afraid to get beat in zone coverage that he continually gives the receiver a 5-10 yard cushion.

Moore has good hands, thats about it when it comes to coverage. I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. And I can't see how you have questions about Delmas' coverage ability, and then advocate a guy who is so afraid to get beat in zone coverage that he continually gives the receiver a 5-10 yard cushion.

big difference in Delmas and Moore, the key is that MOore might be available at #55, Delmas might not be. I dont mind taking either player as long as it is in the 2nd round, given the fact that they might not start.