I know for a FACT we are drafting this player..

Ron Brace

Brace possesses the size of a two-gap plugger, but the quickness to of a one-gap tackle. He uses that size and quickness to stuff the run nicely. He has a powerful base and is hard to move around. Because of that, running backs have to adjust where they're going or run right into Brace. Strong against the double team. During the 2008 season, Brace would regularly take up two blockers so teammate B.J. Raji could burst into the backfield. Uses his power to collapse the interior of the pocket. Good agility, which allows him to slide down the line really well.

Weaknesses: Not especially productive. Had only 27 tackles as a senior, which is just over two a game. Really not a factor rushing the pass unless he can push a blocker back or gets an open lane. Some questions about his durability due to recurring back ailment in 2008. Pursuit and effort are lacking at times. Doesn't always fight hard to get through double teams. Inconsistent with his technique. Will get too upright at times negating his his strength.

Final word: Brace is a top run-stopping tackle who was often overshadowed by Raji. He may not be much of a pass rusher, but his ability against the run warrants such a high grade. A second-team All ACC member in 2008 and honorable mention in 2007. Has some versatility because he's a multi-technique tackle

Interesting thing to say.

So we burn our First Round Pick on Brace?

II like him in the 2nd round but he may be gone by then.

:huh:

reasons why I came to this conclusion

1- Mike Mayock loves the kid think him and TD have the same mindset

2- TD has had numerous convos with Matt Ryan about this kid and Ryan is a big fan of him

3-fits a need position and would be a nice fit for Smith scheme space eating monster

reasons why I came to this conclusion

1- Mike Mayock loves the kid think him and TD have the same mindset

2- TD has had numerous convos with Matt Ryan about this kid and Ryan is a big fan of him

3-fits a need position and would be a nice fit for Smith scheme space eating monster

these are pretty strong points you make here. if we can get him by moving back and picking up an extra pick along the way thats whats up.

we might be trading back in the first hes projected low 2nd

I like Brace a whole bunches better than BJ Ravioli.

Raji is a Very Big Kid.

Raji is used to pushing his weight around.

I am not saying that Raji will bust.

What I am saying is that in the NFL Raji is going to meet his

match come game days, and that be done gonna mesz wid he's Haeed!

i think you are mostly wrong. I remember reading a comment from Gosder Cherilus (who played OT for BC and whose opinion ONLY MATTERS BECAUSE HE FACED BOTH IN PRACTICE EVERYDAY, Raji was ineligible but played on the practice squad)

Cherilus said Raji was easily the best DT in America and is pushing Detroit to take him #1 overall in Detroit. Brace, not so much, he said that he was kind of an unkown, but has made himself a decent player

MLive.com, March 13: While sitting out 2007, Raji played on BC's scout team. Sometimes he went up against offensive tackle Gosder Cherulis, who was drafted last April by Detroit with the 17th overall pick.

"B.J. might be the best overall pick right now in this draft," said Cherulis, who watched the workouts. "You can draft him right now and he'll be ready for you because he's quick and smart. Ron, we didn't know what to think of him when he first got here, but he really put himself in this position."

http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/2009/0..._bj_raji_o.html

I take him with the 24th pick. It be like getting Grady. If trey can pan out to be at least a pass rush DT(which will happen). Plug Brace in for the run downs. I like it. We traded back into the first last year for Baker so I wouldnt be surprised to see TD take him there IF TD thinks he is worthy of our pick there. He sounds like a good choice. Remember that where we are, we will pick best avialible need. If Brace is there and no one else is better(i dont think Matthews or any other LB, besides Cushing, that might be there is a better pick at 24, but who knows) and we need a run stopping NT.