Surefire way to see that SHOCKLEY IS DA FUTURE!

I think that he makes 2 good points here:

With the two-QB system, we might have actually known who Matt Cassell was before Tom Brady got injured; Vince Young (pictured) would not have become Casper last season; and the Jets might acutally have a clue whether Kellen Clemens, their default '09 starter so far who's been in the league for three years (!), can play.

Andy Reid could have "benched" Donovan McNabb last season without "benching" him in the traditional sense, i.e. public humiliation. Playing the backup more could have been positioned as more strategic than punitive.

Also I was saying the other day that Goodell is going to have to allow teams to increase roster size if the extended schedule happens.

Most solid teams have Backups who can step in and run the offense adequately. Obviously there is a reason your number one guy is your number one guy, but smart teams are prepared for injuries to hit at just about any position.

Smart team - Tom Brady - Matt Cassell

Smart team - Matt Leinart - Kurt Warner

Not so smart? Mike Vick - Doug Johnson.

We could be in worse shape with our guys, but I still wouldn't be opposed to us picking up someone after the draft, or even using a late round pick for QB. Gotta try to keep pushing the backups to get better, improving your team.

Most solid teams have Backups who can step in and run the offense adequately. Obviously there is a reason your number one guy is your number one guy, but smart teams are prepared for injuries to hit at just about any position.

We could be in worse shape with our guys, but I still wouldn't be opposed to us picking up someone after the draft, or even using a late round pick for QB. Gotta try to keep pushing the backups to get better, improving your team.

Doug Johnson > Matt Cassel BEFORE THEY SAW THE FIELD AS STARTERS. We thought Doug Johnson was cool until he got out there and sucked donkey d!ck. But I see your points and concur with them.

we are adequate at QB with redman. i like shokley and would love to see him in some plays, but with norwood. id rather see norwood in the wildcat.shockley could be used in the wildcat with a throw scenario though. id like to see us use some trick plays with him at the 4th WR maybe. but in all trick play running scenarios you want norwood. maybe the option could be good with these guys together.also i would consider 3 RB formation with norwood shockley and turner behind ryan in the backfeild considering ryan also can run moveing out of the pocket for the screen to shockley to pass deep. could be sweet.

we are adequate at QB with redman. i like shokley and would love to see him in some plays, but with norwood. id rather see norwood in the wildcat.shockley could be used in the wildcat with a throw scenario though. id like to see us use some trick plays with him at the 4th WR maybe. but in all trick play running scenarios you want norwood. maybe the option could be good with these guys together.also i would consider 3 RB formation with norwood shockley and turner behind ryan in the backfeild considering ryan also can run moveing out of the pocket for the screen to shockley to pass deep. could be sweet.

Once the 3rd string QB takes the field, he has to remain on the field for the rest of the game. NFL rules.