Larry English proday

atljbo

Pro Day Results

Comments (No comments posted) | Add Comments

Northern Illinois held its pro day this afternoon at the DeKalb Sports and Recreation Center in front of 15 NFL teams.

Defensive end Larry English ran the 40-yard dash and the 60-yard shuttle. He also participated in the broad jump and did positional drills. English said his fastest time according to one scout was 4.62 seconds and his slowest time according to another scout was 4.75 seconds. English ran the 40 in 4.77 seconds at the NFL Combine.

English said he improved on everything from the combine. He also revealed that he scored a 34 on the Wonderlic test.

Wide receiver Matt Simon ran the 40 in 4.48 seconds and said he was pleased with how the day went for him. Simon also had former NIU quarterback Dan Nicholson throwing him passes.

Britt Davis, Melvin Rice, Bradley Pruitt, Brandon Beal, Chase Carter, Alex Krutsch and Andy Dittbenner also participated in pro day. Former Huskies Brandon Davis and Chris Nendick also were there, along with a few small college players.

There were 15 NFL teams in attendance, including the Bears. The Carolina Panthers had three representatitves there. Carolina's first pick in the NFL draft is in the second round, No. 59 overall. Below is the list of all the NFL teams at DeKalb today:

Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and San Francisco 49ers. The New York Giants are scheduled to come out to scout English next week.

I dont know where that 4.62 come from...... I was told everybody had him around 4.72-4.75(on a very fast track).. i guess since the dude is a NIU guy he upped it some.... I still think Larry English is a good player....... Its just he is a 2nd round guy now...... if we could trade our 24th pick to drop back in the 2nd round and pick up an extra pick.... thats cool

Scout.com has us drafting English with our 55th pick (2nd round)