Glen Dorsey and Brian Waters could be Trade Bait

Link

Dorsey, Waters could be Trade Bait...The Kansas City Chiefs could use Defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey and Guard Brian Waters as trade bait in the weeks leading up to the draft, or on draft day itself. Dorsey, the Chiefs first-round pick in 2008, isn't an ideal fit for the Cheifs new 3-4 scheme, and Waters is seeking a trade out of Kansas City. The Chiefs have just one pick within the top 66 picks in the draft, which isn't enough for Scott Pioli and his rebuilding plans for the team. The Chiefs will know by draft day if Dorsey is in their plans, since the Chiefs have a voluntary minicamp scheduled for April 17-19, which is just days before the Draft. -Al Fronczak

I would trade a 2nd &5th round pick for Glen Dorsey....... TD needs to use his friendship with Scott Pioli

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think we can afford to pay his salary

would be pretty ironic to get both ryan and dorsey in the end though

i thought the salary thing too...... Dorsey contract is not as much as i thought it would be

Signed a five-year, $33 million contract. The deal includes $22.5 million guaranteed. Another $18 million is available through incentives. 2009: $385,000, 2010: $983,500, 2011: $1,582,250, 2012: $2.181 million, 2013: $2.75 million,

Thats only 6.6 million a year.... We can afford it..... Another thing... A rookie whole salary does not count towards the salary cap

I dont think its going to happen but it would be nice.

i thought the salary thing too...... Dorsey contract is not as much as i thought it would be

Thats only 6.6 million a year.... We can afford it..... Another thing... A rookie whole salary does not count towards the salary cap

I dont think its going to happen but it would be nice.

??? Where do you find detailed salary info so quickly? I'm generally lost on that stuff.

Who is eastcoastsportsnews? This sounds like this guys opinion rather than fact but as long as we are dreaming that may be worth the 2nd and 5th now that he has a year under his belt in the NFL.

Dude we know its a long shot but its the offseason.... its something to talk about..... i will say this tho...... i think that KC would trade Dorsey for a good price..... KC is talking about playing Glen Dorsey at 3-4 NT.......

Did Dorsey even flash any potential last year?

Don't get me wrong, I was one of the big Dorsey supporters, but he had a pretty lack luster rookie season. Maybe he can still be coached up, and for the right price I'd definately be interested, but for the 5th overall pick in LAST YEARS draft, the price has to be pretty steep.

Okay, I've got it. How about us trading JA98 - who is best suited for a 3-4 end, for Dorsey - who is best suited as a 4-3 DT?

Dorsey was miscast as a NT last year and should be put in at UT here. Since JA98 is viewed as an eventual candidate for our UT position, this works for both teams.

I know we'd have to seriously sweeten the pot, though.

But realistically speaking (as realistically as one can be in this type of thread), that type of move would benefit both players.