Peria Jerry

Jaymadd

DL Peria Jerry (6-1 7/8, 290 pounds) posted only one 40-yard dash time of 4.98. Jerry also recorded a 31-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot, 6-inch broad jump, 4.64 short shuttle, 7.30 three-cone drill and 28 bench press reps.

these are his pro-day results. At the combine he came in 299, but he has lost 9 pounds. I know that weight doesn't mean that a player can play a particular position or anything, but his weight is really close to BAbs now. What are some thoughts on Jerry now?

Just a Day in the Mind of Jaymadd :D

He is a Highly rated pick if Atlanta picks 24th there isn't much chance he will be available but Arkansas Senior DT Malcolm Shepard; Ark (if entered in Draft had very good stats even better than Peria Jerry. He had 52 Tackles 16 Assists for 68 Tackles and 7 sacks; to Peria Jerry's 25 Tackles, 23 Assists 48 Tackles 7 Sacks. LB's Gerald Mcrath USM had 78 Tackles 59 *** for 137 Tackles 2 Sacks while Frantz Joselph FAU had 81 Tackles 73 Assists 154 Tackles 1 Sack

please, Sapp played right around 300lbs. You telling me, just b/c of a few lbs. Sapp wasn't great against the run.

Don't rule people out soley on "ideal" weight, or 40 times.

I didnt rule him out, but that 10lb makes a difference when we are looking at him as a NT. He really seems like a UT now.

It makes absolutely NO difference ... some of the better run-stoppers in the game are around 300lbs (means also UNDER 300lbs), it doesn't matter at all, either you're good against the run, then it doesn't matter, or you're not, then you could put on 360lbs and it wouldn't change a thing.

The only thing that a NT has to be, is strong enough to handle 2 gaps and Jerry is a very strong guy. I'd rather have a "strong" 300lbs NT than a "soft"-330lbs NT. It's about strength not size.

If we want to become more aggressive up front, a NT like Jerry would really help us ... there is more than one way to stop the run.

It makes absolutely NO difference ... some of the better run-stoppers in the game are around 300lbs (means also UNDER 300lbs), it doesn't matter at all, either you're good against the run, then it doesn't matter, or you're not, then you could put on 360lbs and it wouldn't change a thing.

The only thing that a NT has to be, is strong enough to handle 2 gaps and Jerry is a very strong guy. I'd rather have a "strong" 300lbs NT than a "soft"-330lbs NT. It's about strength not size.

If we want to become more aggressive up front, a NT like Jerry would really help us ... there is more than one way to stop the run.

I understand,but i just have a little concern, He was playing at 295, then reported to the combine at 299, now at pro-day he is listed at 290. He really just seems like a UT, but I know that you can play stronger than you look.

300 or 315, Jerry will still be 25 in training camp....too old. if Glen Dorsey is being shopped we should take a run at him with our #24

Co-signed & that's the thing - Jerry being a 25 YR OLD ROOKIE - I'm more concerned w/ his age than his weight.

jmo - we go OLB @ 24, FS in the 2nd rnd & pick up a DT (preferably a BIG NT) & TE later in the draft

Co-signed & that's the thing - Jerry being a 25 YR OLD ROOKIE - I'm more concerned w/ his age than his weight.

jmo - we go OLB @ 24, FS in the 2nd rnd & pick up a DT (preferably a BIG NT) & TE later in the draft

We didnt need a mini mock draft just your opinion on Jerry :P :lol:

J/K Thanks for the input, I dont have a problem with him being 25.

We didnt need a mini mock draft just your opinion on Jerry :P :lol:

J/K Thanks for the input, I dont have a problem with him being 25.

no problemo jaymadd & we all know who you like @ 24 ::cough MJ cough::

I don't have time to do an "offical mock" & put it in my sig.

Besides who knows what draft day has in store for The Falcons?

jmo - OLB is our biggest need - M Peterson's 2 yr contract tells us he's a stop gap

This yr's draft OLB also happens to be one of the deepest positions as far as talent goes in the draft.

I'd also be happy w/ practically any DLman @ 24, including Perry or MJ but they're not my 1st choice @ their respective positions

TGIF Falcons fans!!!!!!!!!!!!

no problemo jaymadd & we all know who you like @ 24 ::cough MJ cough::

I don't have time to do an "offical mock" & put it in my sig.

Besides who knows what draft day has in store for The Falcons?

jmo - OLB is our biggest need - M Peterson's 2 yr contract tells us he's a stop gap

This yr's draft OLB also happens to be one of the deepest positions as far as talent goes in the draft.

I'd also be happy w/ practically any DLman @ 24, including Perry or MJ but they're not my 1st choice @ their respective positions

TGIF Falcons fans!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah you know it MJ. I think that this draft has two deep position LB and OL, which gives me the indication that we make wait until the later rounds to get a OLB unless a OLB that was rated top 10 falls like maybe Cushing.

I understand,but i just have a little concern, He was playing at 295, then reported to the combine at 299, now at pro-day he is listed at 290. He really just seems like a UT, but I know that you can play stronger than you look.

The weight isn't a concern to me ... he was injured at the combine and came in with a little more weight than normal and dropped some lbs to get a good 40 time and some good times in the agility drills at the pro day ... many people do that at the combine/pro day.

If we want to become more aggressive up front, 2 penetrating DTs is the way to go and guys like Brace are more of the "wall-defender"-type ... he can hold his ground, but you don't get much penetration.

I'm not sure what type of defense TD, Smith and Van Gorder have in mind, but sometimes it sounds like they want to become more aggressive ... to me it sound like something comparable to the Eagles defense (4t against the run) and the Eagles play with 2 "smaller" DTs (Bunkley plays at 300-305, Patterson at around 292 and their rotation guys are 305 and 275) that try to get penetration and have the RB bounce to the outside.

I would like a defense like that, since I'm not a "read and react"-guy. I think we could be very good with a aggressive Cover 2 ...

The weight isn't a concern to me ... he was injured at the combine and came in with a little more weight than normal and dropped some lbs to get a good 40 time and some good times in the agility drills at the pro day ... many people do that at the combine/pro day.

If we want to become more aggressive up front, 2 penetrating DTs is the way to go and guys like Brace are more of the "wall-defender"-type ... he can hold his ground, but you don't get much penetration.

I'm not sure what type of defense TD, Smith and Van Gorder have in mind, but sometimes it sounds like they want to become more aggressive ... to me it sound like something comparable to the Eagles defense (4t against the run) and the Eagles play with 2 "smaller" DTs (Bunkley plays at 300-305, Patterson at around 292 and their rotation guys are 305 and 275) that try to get penetration and have the RB bounce to the outside.

I would like a defense like that, since I'm not a "read and react"-guy. I think we could be very good with a aggressive Cover 2 ...

sounds like a plan, maybe that is why they are high on lewis

please, Sapp played right around 300lbs. You telling me, just b/c of a few lbs. Sapp wasn't great against the run.

Don't rule people out soley on "ideal" weight, or 40 times.

Actually, Sapp was not very good against the run. He needed McFarland to plug the middle.

To me, Hood is a superior DT for our needs.

Good post. Why some people make a big deal out of him being 25 at season start is ignorant. What does that matter if the guy can play and help out now.

What matters is the human body is losing some of it's efficiency by the age of 30. A 1st round draft pick is a large investment and Jerry, being 2/3 years older than the average DT draftee, will likely have a 20% shorter career. Add to that the durability questions and his lack of weight room commitment and you have a limited ROI.