Goodell Are You Serious?

JaManning

Roger Goodell recently stated that the reinstatement of Vick relies mainly on whether or not Michael Vick is shows or has any remorse! I think that is the dumbest thing to base it on. It is way too EASY for someone to fake guilt, remorse, or shame for something they do. Basically all Vick has to do is say "Mr. Goodell I am sorry for lying to you, I sorry for dog fighting and doing all the bad things that come with it and I have learned my lesson and I will never ever do it again." I am not saying that shouldn't be enough, I saying Vick should have to take some action to show that he truly is remorseful. I don't know what it should be but maybe they should put somewhere in his contract that he has to public service announcements about how wrong dog fighting is maybe. Give money to a dog organization NOT PETA (they get to much money already). Like a small organization that needs help. WHO KNOWS?

But all I am saying its very easy to act remorseful.

You guys remember getting caught doing something really bad, like playing with your dads expensive tools, etc. Then you get hollared at and say I am really sorry I wasn't think, I will never do it again! but what your really saying is I'm sorry if you don't ground me and I won't touch your tools again for a couple days!!

DONT GET ME WRONG...I AM A DIE HARD VICK FAN!!! HE IS THE PERSON WHO MADE ME START LIKING THE FALCONS AND GOING TO A GAME EVERYTIME THEY PLAY THE EAGLES AWAY(I LIVE IN PA.) :/....BUT I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE IF I AM GOING TO MAKE A FOOL OF MYSELF AND DEFEND VICK THAT ITS WORTH IT AND THAT HE IS REALLY SINCERE.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally, I think Vick had paid a high enough price whether he shows remorse or not. Pacman Jones was re-instated and I think we all know how remorseful he was. IMO, Vick has paid his debt.

Yes he has...but thats only enough to be a regular man on the street and be forgiven for his crimes...but its barely enough to be able to be in NFL having people look up to him and start saying I am going to be the next mike vick again like they did before

Yes he has...but thats only enough to be a regular man on the street and be forgiven for his crimes...but its barely enough to be able to be in NFL having people look up to him and start saying I am going to be the next mike vick again like they did before

He has overpaid his debt in my opinion but I guess thats because Ive been to countries where Dog was chopped up on the streets to be eaten like chickens and fish. Just because you choose a animal as a pet doesnt mean.....nevermind I hope he cam come back to the nfl

Remorse is regret for your actions not regret for getting caught. I remember reading the test he took regarding hurting animals and it was a bit like someone just filling in the blanks after watching a film in high school and not of someone who truly has compassion for living things. In all honesty this aspect should be left to the psycho analyst's. I would think he needs to demonstrate a profound sense of remorse and how it personally changed him and perhaps do some rookie symposiums on dogfighting and gambling, not a how to but a reasons for why it is wrong. People go to jail all the time and go back to the streets to do it all over again.

I wish Vick lands on his feet with another team and puts all this s(*& behind him. His punishment has not fit the crime. He served time in a FEDERAL...I repeat...F-E-D-E-R-A-L prison, he's lost his money, home, and fame. He's been villified extensively and continuously. Did he murder or rape on anyone? NO. Did he commit vehicular homicide? NO. DId he have a criminal record before all this? NO. He's paid for his crime five f*&^%$# times over, so please, just let this f*&^%$#@ BS rest, and let the man live his life. F*&^!!! :angry:

Personally, I think Vick had paid a high enough price whether he shows remorse or not. Pacman Jones was re-instated and I think we all know how remorseful he was. IMO, Vick has paid his debt.

I can say this with some level of confidence. If any of us, on this message board, had been arrested for the same thing he was doing...we wouldn't still be in prison. Don't take this as a defense of what he was doing. I despise the act and you will be hard pressed to find a bigger dog lover. That said, Goodell should quit play God and let the guy have a chance at revitalizing his career. Who the eff is Goodell to say that 20+ months in a federal pen wasn't enough punishment? If a team wants to give him a chance, let them.

Just to be clear...I don't want to see Mike Vick anywhere near Flowery Branch. I like our team.

i personally think that people make mistakes, some big and some small, i think vick has paid for his mistake, and think that Goodell should re-instate Vick, but on a probationary period, to prove that he is worthy of another chance. there is no way to prove or make sure someone is remorseful simply by hearing him apologize a million times. actions speak louder than words, and if he cand come back and play and prove to Goodell that he is ready to be forgiven and leave his mistakes in the past then, he should be re-instated for good

I see your point but I honestly believe Vick deserves a second chance in the NFL. If he blows his second chance ... kick him to the curb.

BTW, I love me some W. Coolest Prez EVER! B)

Remorse is regret for your actions not regret for getting caught. I remember reading the test he took regarding hurting animals and it was a bit like someone just filling in the blanks after watching a film in high school and not of someone who truly has compassion for living things. In all honesty this aspect should be left to the psycho analyst's. I would think he needs to demonstrate a profound sense of remorse and how it personally changed him and perhaps do some rookie symposiums on dogfighting and gambling, not a how to but a reasons for why it is wrong.

Im sorry I come from a place where dog fighting happens all the time. Its just not as bad as people are trying to make it seem. I just dont want to get in a flaming war. I still love dogs. I have 4 Rots and no I dont fight them. I breed them. Maybe i should go to jail for Dog prostitution OMG im running now <_<

Playing in the NFL is a priviledge, one that vick threw away. Goodell doesn't ever have to reinstate him so be glad there is at least a little news that he might. If Goodell wants vick to wear a diaper and dance in public you better help him put on his diaper and make sure there are fresh batteries in the boom box and be glad for it.

moron

Don't you agree to a certain extent though??

Yes, and I was making this remark at your post....lol. I just think that Goodell is terrible at being the commish. I think that deep down he wanted to be a princiPAL and felt the need to soften our beautiful league. Taglibue use to make it up to the team owners and GM and also all of these soft touch football rules would have been thrown out. It doesn't protect the players as much as it does cause injuries to the defensive players for having to do nothing while offensive player do whatever.

Also the offensive players can't do any heavy cracks? What the...? I'll repent later thank you.

Now with Vick and Pacman, you have to give the power to the men writing the checks. Let him apologize to Blank and McKay who put up with a messed up season and what about us....THE REAL CHECK WRITERS!!!??? A swear Goodell has issues and power thirst. I hope he gets replaced very soon.

Im sorry I come from a place where dog fighting happens all the time. Its just not as bad as people are trying to make it seem. I just dont want to get in a flaming war. I still love dogs. I have 4 Rots and no I dont fight them. I breed them. Maybe i should go to jail for Dog prostitution OMG im running now <_<

Oh, so you're pimpin b*&^%?!?! :lol:

I can say this with some level of confidence. If any of us, on this message board, had been arrested for the same thing he was doing...we wouldn't still be in prison. Don't take this as a defense of what he was doing. I despise the act and you will be hard pressed to find a bigger dog lover. That said, Goodell should quit play God and let the guy have a chance at revitalizing his career. Who the eff is Goodell to say that 20+ months in a federal pen wasn't enough punishment? If a team wants to give him a chance, let them.

Just to be clear...I don't want to see Mike Vick anywhere near Flowery Branch. I like our team.

I agree with you 100% I hope some teams takes him. The fans out here in San Diego want him. (I WOULD NOT LIE ABOUT THAT) They are starting to not like Rivers.

He has overpaid his debt in my opinion but I guess thats because Ive been to countries where Dog was chopped up on the streets to be eaten like chickens and fish. Just because you choose a animal as a pet doesnt mean.....nevermind I hope he cam come back to the nfl

Also in some of these other cultures if someone steals regardless of how petty they will have their hands chopped off. I am willing to bet there are quite a few that in their teens lifted something from the mall. Could you imagine how many grown ups would be walking around with hands missing? When you live in that culture that is fine. The expectations and societal norms are understood. Laws are based on a societies cultural norms. One culture and it's laws do not apply to another.

Also in some of these other cultures if someone steals regardless of how petty they will have their hands chopped off. I am willing to bet there are quite a few that in their teens lifted something from the mall. Could you imagine how many grown ups would be walking around with hands missing? When you live in that culture that is fine. The expectations and societal norms are understood. Laws are based on a societies cultural norms. One culture and it's laws do not apply to another.

I think its because these teens arent scared of anything. If they knew you could legally chop their hand off crime would go down a lot lol. I do understand what you mean though.

Roger Goodell recently stated that the reinstatement of Vick relies mainly on whether or not Michael Vick is shows or has any remorse! I think that is the dumbest thing to base it on. It is way too EASY for someone to fake guilt, remorse, or shame for something they do. Basically all Vick has to do is say "Mr. Goodell I am sorry for lying to you, I sorry for dog fighting and doing all the bad things that come with it and I have learned my lesson and I will never ever do it again." I am not saying that shouldn't be enough, I saying Vick should have to take some action to show that he truly is remorseful. I don't know what it should be but maybe they should put somewhere in his contract that he has to public service announcements about how wrong dog fighting is maybe. Give money to a dog organization NOT PETA (they get to much money already). Like a small organization that needs help. WHO KNOWS?

But all I am saying its very easy to act remorseful.

You guys remember getting caught doing something really bad, like playing with your dads expensive tools, etc. Then you get hollared at and say I am really sorry I wasn't think, I will never do it again! but what your really saying is I'm sorry if you don't ground me and I won't touch your tools again for a couple days!!

DONT GET ME WRONG...I AM A DIE HARD VICK FAN!!! HE IS THE PERSON WHO MADE ME START LIKING THE FALCONS AND GOING TO A GAME EVERYTIME THEY PLAY THE EAGLES AWAY(I LIVE IN PA.) :/....BUT I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE IF I AM GOING TO MAKE A FOOL OF MYSELF AND DEFEND VICK THAT ITS WORTH IT AND THAT HE IS REALLY SINCERE.

I agree. Recent actions are what show remorse or not, and guess what? Recently Vick has been accused of spending pension plan funds to try to fix his own financial problems. Vick is so remorseful that he is stealing other people's retirement monies to pay his own debts. Seriously.