How many of your factory warranties are expiring on you vehicles?

Please tell me I am not the only one getting these calls. Everytime it's the last notice that my factory warrant on my 1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 is expiring. Please, that factory warrant is long gone. I am even getting them on my work cell that my company owns. It's so annoying.

Buy a new truck; that'll show 'em.

Not many people know this, but the odometers of American cars are set to tell the computer when the car's warranty is outdated. Then the car's computer tells its systems, one at a time usually, to begin to fail. All it takes is for the computer to send a tiny command of ill-timing from the engine to the camshaft, and bada-bing! Your differential begins to strip its gears. The idea is to cause just enough headache for you to say "F--k these repair bills, I'm going to buy another new car".

This scheme was invented in the mid-80s in Detroit, and was colluded upon by the Big Three. Sure, many people forsook their US car for foreign models, but the bulk of car buyers stick with the same brand, so the automakers knew that the percentage was on their side.