draft with no trades

bigjmw84

FA:

Mike Peterson

Brett Romberg

Orlando Pace (TD holds out till the last minute and gets him for cheap (1-2 yr 2.5 per)

Jason Babin (Nice addition for cheap to compete for backup spot behind Abe)

1st: Brandon Pettigrew - His skill set will improve our offense by at least 3-5 spots. Slow 40, but has good game speed 6-6 260 4.8

2nd:Jarron Gilbert - Athletic freak . At 6-5 288, he will add 10-15 pounds and still be able to play at either DT spots. 4.81 speed at DT?

3rd:Danelle Ellerbe - Versatile LB who can play all 3 positions and he is very comfortable in coverage 6-2 238 4.6

4th:Joe Burnett - Good cover 2 corner prospect who has very good ST abilities(KR/PR) 5-9 195 4.5

5th:Terrance Knighton - Big space eater who could add great depth at DT 6-3 320 5.1

5th:Jason Phillips - An aggressive sideline to sideline guy who has a nose for the ball. Knee injury lowers stock 6-1 240 4.6

6th: Keith Fitzugh - In the box safety with underrated coverage ability 5-10 210 4.5

FA:

Mike Peterson

Brett Romberg

Orlando Pace (TD holds out till the last minute and gets him for cheap (1-2 yr 2.5 per)

1st: Brandon Pettigrew - His skill set will improve our offense by at least 3-5 spots. Slow 40, but has good game speed 6-6 260 4.8

2nd:Jarron Gilbert - Athletic freak . At 6-5 288, he will add 10-15 pounds and still be able to play at either DT spots. 4.81 speed at DT?

3rd:Danelle Ellerbe - Versatile LB who can play all 3 positions and he is very comfortable in coverage 6-2 238 4.6

4th:Joe Burnett - Good cover 2 corner prospect who has very good ST abilities(KR/PR) 5-9 195 4.5

5th:Terrance Knighton - Big space eater who could add great depth at DT 6-3 320 5.1

5th:Jason Phillips - An aggressive sideline to sideline guy who has a nose for the ball. Knee injury lowers stock 6-1 240 4.6

6th: Keith Fitzugh - In the box safety with underrated coverage ability 5-10 210 4.5

As soon as you said Pettigrew in the 1st I have to disagree strongly. It doesn't make sense to tweak the offense with a 1st rounder and expect the best with OK to unproven vets. 1st through 3rd should be DT, OLB, SS unless a TE like Coffman drops to the 3rd.

As soon as you said Pettigrew in the 1st I have to disagree strongly. It doesn't make sense to tweak the offense with a 1st rounder and expect the best with OK to unproven vets. 1st through 3rd should be DT, OLB, SS unless a TE like Coffman drops to the 3rd.

I agree with that. First 3 rounds get defense. Maybe pick up a freeagent TE or get one in the later rounds.

FA:

Mike Peterson

Brett Romberg

I don't want Pace, but the rest of it is pretty good.

The TE position is so much more than catching the ball. He happens to be one of the most elite blockers to come out in a while. A fair comparison would be Heath Miller. Miller was the best blocker on their line last year.Miller dominates the guy in front of him most of the time by putting them on their back.(SEE SUPERBOWL) That skillset alone that Pettigrew possesses makes our offense so much better. His soft hands doesn't hurt either. Peeler was serviceable but wouldn't come close to a Pettigrew blocking or receiving.Our run game gets better as well as the pass He ran a good 40 for a TE his size(4.8) (Crumpler ran a 4.77).(Miller ran a 4.79)

i see where your coming from i've thought the same for a long time. if a brian cushing or clay matthews is still available thats who i think should be our pick. but if they arent there, picking pettigrew is not only picking the best talent available, but also filling one of the only 2 "needs" we have on offense for years with a quite possible pro bowl player.

and you say they are all unproven vets, what about stephen nicolas at wlb? he's been backup for the first two years but he got his chance to start last year and in only 13 career games played in he's recorded 37 tackles. he was a stud on special teams for us last year i think he needs his chance to start or at the very least compete with the other guys we have or someone we draft.

FA:

Mike Peterson

Brett Romberg

I say no to Pace. He's still a decent pass bloker, but with his knees can no longer be relied upon in the running game. He's therefore not suitable for our offence. Also $2.5 per year is too expensive for us as a backup, that's why we went after Daniel Loper before he chose to go to Detroit.

Also with Babin, I'd rather draft a player in the mid rounds to develop that have a player who hasn't stuck with any of the 3 team he's played for in his short career. A red flag for me after being drafted in the first round.

Any mock draft is always going to subjective. I'm convinced that we'll go defence in the first round, particually as there is real value at TE in the later rounds. However, Pettigrew would be a great addition to our offence.