Louisville TV Station reporting Billy G was fired tonight..

SacFalcFan

He is out he is in, man this changes more than my wife changes outfits. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How will this affect Bama and UGA or will it if Billy G is fired?

Who knows but there are all kinds of rumors flying about if he does gets fired they will go after Donovan and it that where to happen Anthony Grant would be Floridas first choice and Bama would then focus on Anderson maybe along with Georgia...and so and so on. No telling how this plays out but it will be interesting. I really dont see Donovan leaving Florida even if he is offered the UK job if BG gets fired but thats just my opinion.

Who knows but there are all kinds of rumors flying about if he does gets fired they will go after Donovan and it that where to happen Anthony Grant would be Floridas first choice and Bama would then focus on Anderson maybe along with Georgia...and so and so on. No telling how this plays out but it will be interesting. I really dont see Donovan leaving Florida even if he is offered the UK job if BG gets fired but thats just my opinion.

So the UK job has the potential to shake up coaching searches for everyone, but is UK that good of a job as it once was? :huh::huh:

So the UK job has the potential to shake up coaching searches for everyone, but is UK that good of a job as it once was? :huh::huh:
IMO it is still has the Prestige of the elite basketball school in the SEC because of its fan base and history. It might not be what it once was but its still a really good job I think for a basketball coach in the SEC because the basketball program gets as much or more attention than the Football which is what makes it stand out from other SEC programs.

Salary wise I am not sure because some of the other schools have been offering a lot more than in the past, I have heard Alabama is offering Anthony Grant in the 2 to 2.5 range a year. If thats true then they definitely taking the basketball program a little more seriously than in the past and I think UGA will probably be somewhere in that range with their hire so its definitely changing but I would still consider the UK job the elite one in the SEC if I were a coach. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.