Next year 2010-2011 there will not be a Salary Cap in Football

Guest Gritz

Nah......I had this discussion a couple of weeks ago with a buddy of mine.

I don't see Dimitroff/Smith getting away from "The Plan" or "The Process" just because of a temporary aberration in the agreement between the NFLPA and the owners........

No, for 2 big reasons:-

1. there are a ton of rules in place forthe uncapped year, that will restrict the number of FA's available next year and prevent anyone from going on a mad spending spree.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2008/6/11/550396/cba-related-q-a

2. The Falcons are one of the least valuable and least profitable teams in the NFL. If there was a huge spending free for all. it is wshful thinking to imagine that Mr Blank would dip in to his fortune and run this team at a $50m+ loss every year in an attempt to compete with the most profitable teams like the Skins and Cowboys.

it doesnt work that way. It would actually be a lot harder on good teams because playoffs team will have restrictions from signing FAs... its more likely that the NFL does a 180 and all the bad teamssuddenly become the good ones and the good team go bad... not saying that will happen, but the system is designed so that is a more likely scenario

I wouldn't expect much for he uncapped year. As a matter of fact, I hope there's a new bargaining agreement that goes into affect; otherwise, I bet there will be a lockout and work stoppage in the NFL. Unfortunately, we'll be the ones to suffer.

celtik

interesting i heard about that

interesting i heard about that

The 2010 uncapped year is basically the last year of the current collective bargaining agreement. If there's no extension or new deal then there's no pretty much no league to conduct business over until its done. So if there's no deal in 2011, its like saying there's no rules and hence it would be a lockout. But- that wont happen. In fact I'd bet money that just as soon as the super bowl is over next season, they will agree to an extension.