#1 reason why UGA will bring home Mike Anderson

D^3

Georgia fans aren't the only ones talking, folks in Missouri are beginning to think Anderson may be headed elsewhere after this season, and with good reason.

This article in the Columbia tribune talks about the questions surrounding Mike Anderson's future. Here are the interesting parts:

--------------------------

Given the chance to squelch this topic in the last two months, Anderson has bobbed and weaved. From his perspective, there’s no sense forfeiting leverage, at least as long as the rumor mill doesn’t hurt recruiting or distract his players...

A source said MU wants to extend Anderson’s deal to five years and increase his guaranteed money from $850,000 to at least $1 million.

Six years ago, Missouri was willing to spend like college basketball royalty. Mizzou Arena was under construction, and Quin Snyder was the fourth-highest-paid coach in the nation. Snyder earned $1.2 million annually in guaranteed money in his last contract. Times have changed, thanks to the tanking economy. Pinkel, with his new $2.3 million deal in November, got paid before the bottom dropped out.

The athletic budgets at Georgia and Alabama are in the $70 million range, while Missouri’s is about $44 million. MU can’t afford to get into a bidding war with those schools.

-----------------------------

Alabama has already thrown its offer at Anthony Grant and made it obvious that he is their guy, while UGA has clearly held back, for what we can only assume is to make an offer to Anderson. Now, note that Mizzou is wanting to give Anderson a raise to $1 million a year. Sources at UGA say that Damon Evans is willing to spend in the neighborhood of $2 million. And as the athletic budgets show, we have the money to outbid Missouri.

For my own selfish reasons as a Georgia fan, I hope Mike Anderson's Tigers are knocked out of the tournament tonight so we can move on him quickly.

Now we've got to worry about hiring him before the UK job comes open. Although there is a rumor that UK would offer John Calipari 28 million over 7 years. Don't know about the validity of it... but Kentucky can outspend us by a lot, and they have more prestige.

Let's hope we either make a hire before UK fires Gillispie, or that Gillispie stays put.

Calipari, Pitino, Donovan, Izzo, Wright, Dixon... Just a few of the names that UK would focus on before Mike Anderson... I doubt the impending Kentucky opening would have any impact whatsoever on whether or not UGA hires him...

Kentucky would focus on Donovan before anyone else I imagine

Yeah his name is going to be the big one mentioned. It's not like there is a slim chance he'll leave Florida for Kentucky either, there is a decent possibility of it happening. I hope he doesn't because the guy is one of the top coaches in the country and continues to bring in phenomenal recruiting classes, but I'd be pretty confident that Anthony Grant would come back to Florida in a split second.

Calipari, Pitino, Donovan, Izzo, Wright, Dixon... Just a few of the names that UK would focus on before Mike Anderson... I doubt the impending Kentucky opening would have any impact whatsoever on whether or not UGA hires him...

Why did Pitino leave UK in the first place? Not being an ***, just an honest question