• Robinson
    • Lewis
    • James
    • Zinger
    • Brown
    • Other(specify)

Guest Gritz

It's Trey Lewis easily......

He showed enough during the 2007 season to be a very intriguing possibility at the NT spot.....an area of great need for us right now.

It's Trey.

I think it's going to be Mike Peterson. He's an aging player, and everyone questions if the Falcons made the right move picking him up. If he plays well, I think our secondary could be just that much better. Same with Coleman, if he has an off year....You can say goodbye to our secondary, he's the most important player on our defense in my eyes.

Peterson...does he have much left in the tank?

Not really if you take the average age of players, especially in that position. He's 32 years old. He hasn't had a healthy season really in the league since like 2006 or 2007 I would like to say, I'm not positive though. His last 16 game season was in 2005. He's just getting to be on the older side, about when guys start to slow down and miss coverage.

Anyone have anything on Lewis to make me a believer. I really want to support the guy.

All i can say is that no one has seen alot of him, he was effective in the 5 games he did play, but were never know how that transfer to this season after an injury. All i can say is trust the coaching staff to really find out what this guy can do. If they feel he can be effective then we may see a DT taken later in the draft, if not then we may see a DT taken Early and one taken later or picked up in FA.

I checked Lewis because I thought he did a good job while in there back in 2007. It would be comforting to know that we had the NT position locked up pre-draft but.... I know that we will not know until preseason. Really all the injured guys from last year are major wild cards for us.

* If Foster comes back healthy then we have a good back up tackle that can play left or right.

* If Hutchins is healthy, then we have the say CB group that front office was comfortable going into last season with pre-draft.

* If James is healthy (and is what TB thought he could be), then we have some depth at weakside linebacker and a player on ST.

* If Lewis can hold down the nose tackle position, then we can address other needs early in draft.

* Robinson.... wow this kid could be incrediable if he could stay healthy

* Not even including the other role players on IR last year.

* Etc, Etc., Etc. Lot of "if's"

But, if we get all those guys back, then it's like having an additional draft class.