When is enough is enough.............

Hate to get on the Vick thing again but when is enough is enough. Now Goodell wants Vick to be remorseful to play agian. What does he want him to do? Go and dive head first into a pile of dog s##t. I love Ryan but i think Vick should be allowed to play again without further prosecuting him. We all know what he did was wrong and discraceful........but enough is enough. Goodell, PETA and the fans that don't like him needs to get a life and leave him alone.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz
Hate to get on the Vick thing again but when is enough is enough. Now Goodell wants Vick to be remorseful to play agian. What does he want him to do? Go and dive head first into a pile of dog s##t. I love Ryan but i think Vick should be allowed to play again without further prosecuting him. We all know what he did was wrong and discraceful........but enough is enough. Goodell, PETA and the fans that don't like him needs to get a life and leave him alone.

One thing you completely ignored in your post that Goodell will probably have to consider is the gambling aspect of Vick's dogfighting career.

All of the major professional sports can't afford to be associated with gambling in any way shape or form.

Vick stepped on his own wang in virtually every way possible.

I hope he gets his act together and can be reinstated, but Goodell has a lot of different aspects of Vick's wrongdoing that he has to look at and review.

Falcons | Vick facing more charges

Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:03:56 -0700

The Associated Press reports the federal Department of Labor is accusing Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick of illegally withdrawing more than $1.3 million from a pension plan. The department filed complaints Wednesday, March 25, against Vick in federal district and bankruptcy courts in Newport News, Va. The department says Vick made a series of prohibited transfers from a pension plan sponsored by MV7, a celebrity marketing company owned by Vick. The department alleges that Vick violated his duties as trustee of a pension plan that covered nine current or former MV7 employees.

Falcons | Vick headed to bankruptcy court

Wed, 25 Mar 2009 08:31:22 -0700

The Associated Press reports Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick has left a federal lockup in Kansas, apparently bound for Virginia for a bankruptcy hearing next week. The U.S. Bureau of Prisons Web site shows Vick is no longer at the federal penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kan. It lists his status as "in transit." It is not clear when he left, or where he is right now. However, two weeks ago, a bankruptcy judge in Newport News, Va., ordered Vick to testify at a hearing April 2 on his Chapter 11 reorganization plan.

Why does he continue to misbehave?

stop making new Vick threads, if everybody does that, it will be enough

One thing you completely ignored in your post that Goodell will probably have to consider is the gambling aspect of Vick's dogfighting career.

All of the major professional sports can't afford to be associated with gambling in any way shape or form.

I hope he gets his act together and can be reinstated, but Goodell has a lot of different aspects of Vick's wrongdoing that he has to look at and review.

just think Pete Rose, his brush with gambling got him banned forever.

Vick was organizing an illegal gambling ring, isn't that really worse than what Rose did?

The hole is being dug deeper for Vick. Almost to the point that I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy. I believe that Vick feels bad about what he did with the whole dog fighting thing, I wouldn't mind seeing him back in the league. Not as a Falcon though, he betrayed all us fans and I don't think we should ever forgive him for that. Plus, Matty Ice is our boy now. I think I would still watch Vick on TV once in a while if he was on another team though, he's a great football player (Or was, who knows how jail time killed his playing).

Guest Gritz
Vick was organizing an illegal gambling ring, isn't that really worse than what Rose did?

It's pretty bad. I can understand the media focusing on the more lurid and disgusting details of what Vick and his pals did to the animals, but the gambling part of this will weigh into Goodell's eventual decision(s) in a major way.

So is Goodell now going to outlaw March Madness brackets? Players are involved with gambling all the time. Goodell allowed Adam Jones to play after he was involved in gambling. If you recall Vegas called in Adam Jones for his marker. So this has little to do with it. Goodell is doing more grandstanding than anything.

It's pretty bad. I can understand the media focusing on the more lurid and disgusting details of what Vick and his pals did to the animals, but the gambling part of this will weigh into Goodell's eventual decision(s) in a major way.

The inhumane animal treatment was the tug on America's heartstrings. I've said in the past that I have known guys who participated in this sport and most got probation (first time offenders). Nah, it was the cross state gambling, conspiracy, and other such things. I was surprised that he didn't get organized crime slapped on him.

gambling is a good point!!!!

just think Pete Rose, his brush with gambling got him banned forever.

Not worse than Rose because Vick did not bet on football games he played in. Rose bet on baseball games he directly had influence over. Players are involved in illegal gambling all the time. When they bet on their alma maters or have a team march madness bracket pool, that is all illegal gambling.

So is Goodell now going to outlaw March Madness brackets? Players are involved with gambling all the time. Goodell allowed Adam Jones to play after he was involved in gambling. If you recall Vegas called in Adam Jones for his marker. So this has little to do with it. Goodell is doing more grandstanding than anything.

Illegal gambling circuits are a hotbed of other crimes. Dogfighting attracts the worst of the worst. people get dead for these activities man! Its way different.

Falcons | Vick facing more charges

Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:03:56 -0700

The Associated Press reports the federal Department of Labor is accusing Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick of illegally withdrawing more than $1.3 million from a pension plan. The department filed complaints Wednesday, March 25, against Vick in federal district and bankruptcy courts in Newport News, Va. The department says Vick made a series of prohibited transfers from a pension plan sponsored by MV7, a celebrity marketing company owned by Vick. The department alleges that Vick violated his duties as trustee of a pension plan that covered nine current or former MV7 employees.

Yeah, I just posted an article about that in Around the NFL

He'd better "get right" or they're going to hit him with everything but the kitchen sink. The OP mentioned Goodell, but it's the Feds that aren't playing around. When he's done with them, then he'll have to worry about Goodell.

I didn't know who PETA was before this Vick thing......even with the cruel training of elephants, the lady with 19 starving cats in her home, the alligator wrestling, the deer and bird hunting and let's not forget the be-heading of animals that we put on our walls in our homes. I guess it's just the dog's that matter....(sarcasm)

What does Vick playing have to do with Ryan?

From what I understand there is way more to the story than gambling and dogfighting. He just stopped it there for himself. Now, there has been word that he wasn't actually present for the dogfights but he was involved in even worse ways. Stay tuned.

another example of how it never stops..............

people think that anyone who defends Vick is a Vick lover. I'm a Ryan lover but just think Vick is being treated unfairly...

+10 onto whatever number you wish.

I support Vick, not for the whole jail time, the jail time he rightfully deserved, but all this stuff coming up after is just ridiculous now.

Guest Gritz
people think that anyone who defends Vick is a Vick lover. I'm a Ryan lover but just think Vick is being treated unfairly...

I know I'm probably going to regret this, but how exactly is he being treated unfairly? He broke the law and he's serving his sentence........and don't give me this "he's being treated unfairly" business. Read just a bit about a South Carolinian dogfighter:

A man called the nation’s No. 2 breeder of pit bull dogs was sentenced Monday to 40 years in prison on dogfighting and assault charges in what state prosecutors say is an unprecedented case.

David Tant, a 57-year-old North Charleston resident, pleaded guilty in Greenwood County to 41 counts of dogfighting and one count of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature.

The sentence by Circuit Judge Wyatt Saunders is believed to be the heaviest levied against anyone charged with dogfighting in South Carolina, the state attorney general’s office said. It also is one of the heaviest handed out nationally, said Sandy Christiansen, a dogfighting expert with the Humane Society of the United States.