Who is our best/most valuable role player?

Who is our best/most valuable role player?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Jenkins
    • Babs
    • Coleman
    • Peterson (even though he hasn't played yet)
    • Davis
    • Other (please specify; OL doesn't count)

Who do U think is our best role player? By role player, I mean a vet who plays his spot effeciently, but probably won't reach star status or improve too much more. Players who are goin into their 2nd or 3rd year like Lofton and Houston aren't eligible bcuz they still have time/room to grow. OL players don't count in this case bcuz I consider the OL as a whole, and we kno they play their roles.

Thoughts?

Easy, Jason Snelling. He leads the team with special team tackles, he a valuable back-up power back, and spells Ovie. Not to mention, he's the best screen back we've got.

He does run those screen really well, it seems like he is always a few plays away from breaking one. :D

Easy, Jason Snelling. He leads the team with special team tackles, he a valuable back-up power back, and spells Ovie. Not to mention, he's the best screen back we've got.

U right, but Snelling falls into that "goin into his 3rd year" category. I was thinking of him when I was making this, but then I woulda had to include Houston and JA98 and the rest of them.

Easy, I pick Coleman...

He became the new leader of our secondary after Milloy left...he, along with Peterson, will be the new leaders on defense. Coleman will have to step up big this season since our secondary wasn't as effective on protecting the middle of the field, converting on passing downs, and assisting in stopping the run. Coleman is definately a vital part of our defense this upcoming season.

Jenkins gets the nod from me. He is a good number two who takes some pressure off of white.Our opponents have to respect him, he has made some key catches in games. That catch at the end of the bears game speaks volumes. Priceless!!!

Regardless of feelings about him, if that play in your sig doesn't generate a feeling of pure Falcon euphoria in your soul then U don't have 1.... :)

Regardless of feelings about him, if that play in your sig doesn't generate a feeling of pure Falcon euphoria in your soul then U don't have 1.... :)

It does..... Plenty of those moments from vick.... Will always remember the excitement he brought to atl. But unfortunately Its time to move on and let Ryan claim his throne

Picked Coleman. But I wouldn't go too far from picking Jenkins either. He's always there to make a clutch catch, and his contributions to our offense go pretty well unseen by the rest of the league making him a huge sleeper when Roddy is all covered.

For me it's Douglas. He's our starting slot receiver, a crucial role as we don't have a dynamic TE. He also returns punts & kicks, as well as accounting for 12 carries last year. All this in his rookie season.

Again, I'm right with U, but Douglas isn't eligible yet because he's only goin into his 2nd year. He might be a roleplayer this upcoming year, but he still has the time and ability to grow into a ATL Star, if not a whole NFL Star.

Okay, since we can't pick any young players (Douglas and Snelling), I'll say Finneran.

1. He's one of our best 3rd down receivers.

2. He's a veteran presence in the WR filmroom.

3. He's an emotional leader (who wasn't behind this guy's rehab?).

4. He's our "hands" catcher on punt returns when we know it will be a short kick and we simply need a good decision whether to catch the ball or let it go in the endzone.

5. He's a valuable special teamer (makes the occasional tackle and I seem to remember a few devestating blocks).

6. And he even plays on the "hands" team on onside kicks.

The year before he got hurt, something like 98% of all of Finn's catches were for either first downs of touchdowns. This past year, he was rehabing and had much less playing time. But he was still an effective 3rd down receiver.

Up until this past year, I would only get to see 2 or 3 Falcons games every season living in New York and all. I see all the games now though starting with the 2008 season. That's probably why. So I am probably wrong about him, but I just think he could be used as a good trade for a solid D player.

Thanks for the info though man! :)