Dawgs fans UGA signs another player for the 2009 class..

SacFalcFan

CMR just announced that the team has signed junior college kicker Brandon Bogotay from Grossmont College in El Cajon Calif.

Bogotay, a native of San Diego, Calif., competed as a freshman at Grossmont College (El Cajon, Calif.) in 2008 and was named to the Southern Conference’s All-Conference First Team.

He finished 15-of-23 on field goals, including a long kick of 52 yards, and was listed at the No. 3 spot on the California Community College Athletic Association’s list for most points scored kicking last season with 72.

Bogotay will obviously get a shot at the kickoff position this fall.

CMR just announced that the team has signed junior college kicker Brandon Bogotay from Grossmont College in El Cajon Calif.

Bogotay, a native of San Diego, Calif., competed as a freshman at Grossmont College (El Cajon, Calif.) in 2008 and was named to the Southern Conference’s All-Conference First Team.

He finished 15-of-23 on field goals, including a long kick of 52 yards, and was listed at the No. 3 spot on the California Community College Athletic Association’s list for most points scored kicking last season with 72.

Refresh my memory: Walsh was doing kickoffs as well as placekicking?

15 of 23 doesn't sound very good.

he was got fatigued at the end of the season.. this is a very good kicker prospect.. he has a freaking strong leg..

I knew it had to be something, I've seen Walsh hit some boomers as a place kicker. I always wondered though why his KOs were so bad. It was almost like the coaching staff was telling him to put a lot of air under it and have it fall on the five yard line. Problem was it usually landed somewhere north of the 15...

I knew it had to be something, I've seen Walsh hit some boomers as a place kicker. I always wondered though why his KOs were so bad. It was almost like the coaching staff was telling him to put a lot of air under it and have it fall on the five yard line. Problem was it usually landed somewhere north of the 15...

they tried to get him to do directional kicking because it was clear he wasn't going to be kicking into the end zone.. this new cat if he didn't get a touchback it was at the 5 yard he wsa kicking from the 30 yard line.

I found this blurb about Bogotay from an article from on of his past games:

Griffins' kicker Brandon Bogotay—who will play at almost any D-1 school he wants next year—still managed to make them (their opponent) pay. He kept Washington from making any big returns by sticking the ball in the back of the end zone on every kickoff, and hit four field goals, as well—he had two misses, one of which was a 54-yard attempt that almost kissed the front of the crossbar.

Good to hear all Walsh has to do now is concentrate on making FGs. :P

The 6-foot-3, 200-pound Bogotay, a long-time soccer player, did not take up football until midway through his senior season in high school. In his one year of junior college, he made 15 of 23 field goals, the longest from 52 yards, and produced 20 touchbacks on 52 kickoffs. He came to Georgia’s attention when a highlight film — sent by the kicker himself — arrived unsolicited.

Bogotay weighed scholarship offers from schools almost 5,000 miles apart — Georgia and Hawaii.

He advertised himself. Smart guy.

I found this blurb about Bogotay from an article from on of his past games:

Griffins' kicker Brandon Bogotay—who will play at almost any D-1 school he wants next year—still managed to make them (their opponent) pay. He kept Washington from making any big returns by sticking the ball in the back of the end zone on every kickoff, and hit four field goals, as well—he had two misses, one of which was a 54-yard attempt that almost kissed the front of the crossbar.

Good to hear all Walsh has to do now is concentrate on making FGs. :P

he actually pursued richt. he saw richt comment that they were in need of some kickoff help and he asked his coach to send his video to mark richt.. as soon as they saw the booming kickoffs it was an easy offer.

To think that you can get a full ride at one of the best public universities in America because you're able to kickoff a football and keep in in bounds....

Only in America. :rolleyes:

well you have to know this we see long snappers get scholarships and to me they aren't as impt as a guy who can give you 20 to 40 yards of better field position on each kickoff.. imagine how much that will help the defense.