falcons should draft offense

atlfan89

im not saying we should draft pettigrew or any other offensive player that mock drafts have us taking, im just saying we should put talent around our franchise qb. the colts took what, like two defensive players in the first round since Peyton Manning's arrival, and look at their success. im just saying put great talent around our qb, and we're set up for great success for years to come.

It took Manning 9 years before he won a Superbowl & they had a defensive expert as a Head Coach to get the best out the players for half that time.

The more weapons you can give Ryan, the better he'll become. However, defense wins championships. even the Steeler teams of the 70's with Hall Of Fame calibre players at RB & WR's had an awesome defense.

We have great players around Matt Ryan. He's got one of the best receivers in the league in Roddy White, and one of the best RB's in the league in Michael Turner. Throw in a great supporting cast with guys like Michael Jenkins, Jerious Norwood, etc.... I just don't get why you would think we don't have talent on offense.

We have great players around Matt Ryan. He's got one of the best receivers in the league in Roddy White, and one of the best RB's in the league in Michael Turner. Throw in a great supporting cast with guys like Michael Jenkins, Jerious Norwood, etc.... I just don't get why you would think we don't have talent on offense.

Ok lemme spell it out for ya.

We had the worst O Line in the Playoffs !

How many Points did our Defense surrender against the Cards?

How many Points did our Offense Surrender against the Cards?

How many Points did our O Line Surrender against the cards?

End of discussion.

Defense wins championships!!!

but offense puts butts in the seats. how many games were at full capacity last year huh? none probably. with a qb like that of peyton manning's calliber would solve that. anyways you dont need a great defense to win championships. a defense like the one we had last year(top ten scoring) and a high powered offense will win you championships, just look at the championship teams of the rams, broncos, and etc. im not saying this is the way i do or do not want the team to build, just showing a different way an organization could go about their process of building

End of discussion.

If I remember correctly, we did better against them than the Panthers and the Eagles. Our offensive line had the #2 rushing attack and were bottom five in sacks allowed, our offensive line was pretty good.

If I remember correctly, we did better against them than the Panthers and the Eagles. Our offensive line had the #2 rushing attack and were bottom five in sacks allowed, our offensive line was pretty good.

Was pretty good is correct.

We are sorely missing two pieces to the O Line.

1. Depth always goes without saying.

2. RT.

We signed Rohmberg in FA and that IMO was a very important signing

as we get Quality Depth at 2 positions. . Center and Guard.

Come Draft day, if we can get a guy like Oher, then we have quality at

OT.

A move like this will set the O Line for a few years and this would be

potentially a Great O Line with incredible Depth, and we could also

Run the Ball down the Right side.

You might also want to consider one other often over looked fact.

Come 2010 Dahl or Clabo will likely be gone due to Free Agency.

Think Ahead and Stay Ahead.

End of discussion.

Karst41, You make a good point. At #24, we are looking at the fifth best OT, best OC, fifth best WR or the best TE. From a value stand point, that would leave Pettigrew and Mack as the best choices. Although I like Mack a lot, Pettigrew would be the better choice because he stands head and shoulders above the rest of the TE's.

Highly disagree, 3/4 of the Championship teams (Ravens, Pittsburgh, Eagles) had the #1,2 and 3 ranked defenses. Pittsburgh was #1 and they won the Superbowl and many close games that we probably would have lost because of stunning defensive play.

We need a clutch D, it seemed like every win last year we'd run the score up in the first half, let them back in the game in the 3rd and then play for our lives in the 4th quarter which often went our way, but could have been disasterous like the Bears game had Ryan not engineered an 11 second miracle comeback that should have never been a comeback had our defense came in with the clutch.

Pittsburgh or Baltimore's defenses would have never let Chicago back in the game or lost the large lead we had, THAT's the kind of defense we need and I think all we need is one star LB (Lofton) and our own Ed Reed/Polamalu which TD has publicly stated he is dedicated to finding the next Ed Reed/Polamalu...

Okay let me fix this.

Winning puts butts in the seats.

Defense wins games.

Drafting an offensive player first this year is NOT a bad idea.

We need LB, SS, and DT.

We can use another game breaking RB, WR, or TE.

Think like this. I'm a defense guy, but I see the value of a Pettigrew, Moreno, or a WR later on.

I'd rather have a LB, SS, or DL.

It took Manning 9 years before he won a Superbowl & they had a defensive expert as a Head Coach to get the best out the players for half that time.

The more weapons you can give Ryan, the better he'll become. However, defense wins championships. even the Steeler teams of the 70's with Hall Of Fame calibre players at RB & WR's had an awesome defense.

BUMP!!

Teams win champiosnhips.

Besides, we went out of our way to fill the offensive skilled position when #7 was here (paying $5m a year fior Dunn; spending 6m a year and using a 1st round pick on Peerless Price; using 1st round picks on Duckett, Jenkins and White; a 3rd on Norwood and a 4th on Justin Griffith). It didn't work, because we had too many other holes that went unaddressed as a result.

Karst is right to point out that we could possibly lose Claybo and Dahl to Free Agency next year (if the uncapped year is avoided). For that reason alone I would consider taking an OT early in the draft this year, otherwise we are fine. We have 3 experienced backup interior linemen (Wilkerson, Stepanovich, Romberg) so the interior positions arent a concern to me.

Was pretty good is correct.

We are sorely missing two pieces to the O Line.

1. Depth always goes without saying.

2. RT.

We signed Rohmberg in FA and that IMO was a very important signing

as we get Quality Depth at 2 positions. . Center and Guard.

Come Draft day, if we can get a guy like Oher, then we have quality at

OT.

A move like this will set the O Line for a few years and this would be

potentially a Great O Line with incredible Depth, and we could also

Run the Ball down the Right side.

You might also want to consider one other often over looked fact.

Come 2010 Dahl or Clabo will likely be gone due to Free Agency.

Think Ahead and Stay Ahead.

I don't understand "was" pretty good. All our starting offensive linemen are still here. Weiner was the back-up player, and great depth. We need depth, but our starting line-up is looking pretty good. I think we may be able to keep Dahl or Clabo. We could use depth at tackle, so I understand why you think we should draft one. I do not think we should expend an early pick on one unless the value is there, we simply have too many needs on the D.