I'm not sure why nobody's really mentioned him but...

Ziggy reminds me of a young Darnell Dockett, who gave us so much trouble in that last game. I believe his draft stock is rising but he's still rated 3rd under B.J. Raji and Peria Jerry. THIS WOULD BE OUR BEST PICK POSSIBLE AT THE 24th SPOT IN THE DRAFT! Our linebacking core will turn out to be more solid than people think and our secondary can be addressed in the 2nd Round but adding a man-child like this guy?! Will stablize our defensive line for years to come and give Jamaal a boost as well! I really do see him as being the best possible option @ 24 if he's there...

Ziggy reminds me of a young Darnell Dockett, who gave us so much trouble in that last game. I believe his draft stock is rising but he's still rated 3rd under B.J. Raji and Peria Jerry. THIS WOULD BE OUR BEST PICK POSSIBLE AT THE 24th SPOT IN THE DRAFT! Our linebacking core will turn out to be more solid than people think and our secondary can be addressed in the 2nd Round but adding a man-child like this guy?! Will stablize our defensive line for years to come and give Jamaal a boost as well! I really do see him as being the best possible option @ 24 if he's there...

I agree

He should be there in the 2nd.

If thats true, then I hope we take Clay Matthews in the first. Getting both would be make my dream draft, 1st and 2nd round picks, come true tbh. Matthews could also sub in on DE/rushing LB on obvious passing downs imho thereby providing versatility deluxe.

where can i see some highlights never payed any mind to him but before i say no i want to make an informed decision

Ziggy Hood

I agree, D-Line is our biggest need & if we don't take him he's definitely going @ #27 to Indy. It just depends if the organisation are serious about moving JA98 inside.

A DE or Safety would be a reach at 24, so if we didn't select Hood, I'll go for CB Darius Butler.

If thats true, then I hope we take Clay Matthews in the first. Getting both would be make my dream draft, 1st and 2nd round picks, come true tbh. Matthews could also sub in on DE/rushing LB on obvious passing downs imho thereby providing versatility deluxe.

I agree, that would be an amazing start to our draft but the question is would Hood be there in the second round.

Actually alot of people are talking about him in the Draft/FA forum. He def. wont be there for our pick in the second some have him now as the second best DT and going in the first round.

I was thinking the same thing, hence my enthusiasm for being able to get both. I see tremendous upside over Jerry tbh and in comparison Hood seems to have alot more fluidity when playing. Either Matthews or Hood would make my #24 tbh, but how things are looking, its gonna be Hood at #24, then a possible tradeup in the second for Matthews... who am I kidding :D

Am I the only one that wasnt that impressed by that highlight video. I havent paid alot of attention to him during the season so have never seen him play except for the clips I just watched. He looked ok but not great. They showed him miss a few tackles which is a wierd thing to show on a highlight video. I also saw him get driven back a couple times. When he did manage to beat the oline and get a shot at a sack, he wasnt fast enough to get to the QB before the qb got rid of the ball. What do his stats look like?

Am I the only one that wasnt that impressed by that highlight video. I havent paid alot of attention to him during the season so have never seen him play except for the clips I just watched. He looked ok but not great. They showed him miss a few tackles which is a wierd thing to show on a highlight video. I also saw him get driven back a couple times. When he did manage to beat the oline and get a shot at a sack, he wasnt fast enough to get to the QB before the qb got rid of the ball. What do his stats look like?

Show stats and combine numbers.

Look at the highlights again from 2:05. I am impressed by the acceleration and burst he shows. He sometimes tend to get too upright when engaged though, didnt quite see that the first time.

He should be there in the 2nd.

There are very few things that you can say about the NFL Draft with much certainty but I have no problem saying that there is a ZERO percent chance that he is available when we pick in round 2 and I would be shocked if he were there when anyone picks in round 2.

He is strong as an ox, can anchor against the run, and get tremendous penetration. He also has a great work ethic and plays with a non stop motor. There is absolutly nothing not to like about this kid.

Yes missed tackles.. but QB pressures.. Alot of the game is about timing and when you get penetration it cuts the qbs time to make a play / for a play to develop.. its not always about sacks (JA98 would back me up on this) if hes getting through the line like that.. its impressive to me.. plus.. the mans 300+ pounds a little QB better be able to get out of the way from time to time when hes coming right at him..

Can't understand why Jerry is rated so far ahead of Hood

It's probably that he was a 4 time SEC defender of the week last season, pretty impressive considering he plays in the toughest conference in college football. Although on many draft boards, the gap is closing... NFLDraftScout.com has Jerry ranked 26th & Hood 27th.

It's probably that he was a 4 time SEC defender of the week last season, pretty impressive considering he plays in the toughest conference in college football. Although on many draft boards, the gap is closing... NFLDraftScout.com has Jerry ranked 26th & Hood 27th.

But Hood is 2.5 years younger. Given the brief nature of NFL careers...

i agree but i would rather wait and see if we have a big time DT in lewis and draft ron brace in the 2nd