Vontae Davis at cb for us ?

Ryan3

I personally think Davis is a stud with all the right tools to succeed in the NFL. I am a homer considering I am from IL so it might cloud my mind a bit. He is just so quick and what I love most is his physicality at the position. What do you guys think ? I'm not positive if he will go in the first round so maybe we could snag him in the second or later .

This video doesn't show that much but it gives you an idea of how he moves on the field.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Here's a decent hit

I actually just finished a complete 2 round mock draft that I plan on posting with my April mock and I had us selecting Davis at 24. He seems to have a big head on his shoulders but he is a perfect scheme fit and if our coaching staff can light a fire under him he can become the best cornerback in the league. The natural talent that this guy has is out of this world.

personally i think vontae davis is going to be a bust. like his brother he is extremely gifted with natural ability but he has a questionable attitude and work ethic. that explains why he was benched during this season for one game i believe. i just think he is another case of great athletic ability that wont be capitalized on because of a less than stellar attitude. for one i think he will probably be gone, but i also dont really think he is 1. our type of player or 2. someone i want on the team anyways.

-Mr. Offseason

personally i think vontae davis is going to be a bust. like his brother he is extremely gifted with natural ability but he has a questionable attitude and work ethic. that explains why he was benched during this season for one game i believe. i just think he is another case of great athletic ability that wont be capitalized on because of a less than stellar attitude. for one i think he will probably be gone, but i also dont really think he is 1. our type of player or 2. someone i want on the team anyways.

-Mr. Offseason

lol its like me and Terrance Taylor. You sniffin out these Vontae threads lol

-Mr. Offseason

I think we have a strong enough locker room and coaching staff to maximize his vast potential.

lol its like me and Terrance Taylor. You sniffin out these Vontae threads lol

:lol::lol:

and falcsforlife i dont think we have the veteran leadership on our team right now to do that. aside from abe and peterson (who just signed with us) and maybe ryan just because he is a great leader... who do we have? if brooking and milloy were here maybe id see your point, but i dont think we have very much veteran leadership at all right now.

-Mr. Offseason