Vick released

Bucketga81

step 1 is complete. Its all up to Goddell whether or not he's reinstated this year though. he's already missed 2 seasons, i don't see how TD can justify giving him a 3rd off. Technically, Vick was suspended by Goddell for the 06-07 season up to Thanksgiving week when he turned himself in. thats gotta be about 4-7 games. that along with the jail time, public scrutiny, and financial bankruptcy should be considered punishment enough.

im glad we have taken him officially off our roster!! i see him getting a yr off of the NFL. he will go to the AFL or CFL and get back into football shape, then try to get on a roster somewhere. i can see the new AFL making a huge push for him!!! just to get the ratings. i also think if goodell wants to make an example of someone its going to be either him or buress. if he ever plays in the NFL again i see him playing for someone like detroit or oakland.. those two are desperate enough and dont care what kind of ppl are on there rosters good character or not.

Got the Text from the AJC about a hour ago.

You forgot something: <_<

Released for Bankruputcy Case

Vick in transit to Virginia for bankruptcy case

By JEREMY REDMON

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Michael Vick is on his way back to Virginia.

The imprisoned Falcons quarterback is in transit from Leavenworth, Kansas to Norfolk, Virginia, where he is scheduled to appear at a court hearing in his bankruptcy case on April 2-3.

The U.S. Marshals Service will take custody of Vick when he arrives in Virginia for his two-day trial. While in Virginia, Vick will be held in a regional jail, said Lisa Berger, a deputy U.S. Marshal. Berger declined to identify the jail.

On March 12, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Frank Santoro order Vick’s appearance at the April 2 hearing. He also ordered Vick to pay his own way from the federal prison at Leavenworth, where he is serving a 23-month sentence on felony charges related to dogfighting. According to Vick’s attorneys, it cost $3,636 to transport Vick from Leavenworth to Surry County, Virginia to plead guilty to state dogfighting charges in November, 2008. Santoro said he wanted Vick to appear in person to assess his credibility.

Vick is expected to return to Leavenworth following his court hearing.

Vick will serve the last two months of his sentence under home confinement in Hampton, Va. because there is no room at a halfway house. According to his lawyer Daniel Meachum, Vick will be released to his home on May 20. His scheduled release date remains July 20. He will be on electronic monitoring and allowed to leave home only for activities approved by his probation officer.

Vick’s house in Hampton is one of four he still owns. His house in metro-Atlanta’s Sugarloaf Country Club failed to sell at auction on March 10 as part of the bankruptcy case.

Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said that the team would try to trade Vick’s contractual rights. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said he would not comment on reinstating Vick, who has been suspended indefinitely by the league, until he is released.

—Staff writer Chris Vivlamore contributed to this report.