The NFL extending the regular season...

Durrty

How do you feel about the NFL extending the regular season?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which one are you?

• Yea?
    • Nay?

Me, personally, I think it'll be bad for the NFL...my main concern is the players:

I realize the football season is the shortest compared to all other sports and we would enjoy a longer season of hard hits, spectacular plays, and the hype that builds towards big games, but let's think about the players who grind it out each and every week. The guys that deliver those big hits and plays every game. The wear and tear on their bodies would be extensive and could jeopardize the longevity of players' careers, as well as, increasing the risk of players suffering from career-ending injuries. I'll admit, it'll be nice to see football for one (or two) more weeks, but is it really worth the risk?

Discuss?

If they extend the season I'd like to see the preseason cut to two games and the regular season extended to 17 games I'd also give teams 2 Bye weeks during the season. I think bye weeks are key to any season extensions.

A 17 game season would give some teams 9 home games and others would only have 8. Besides, what would be proven by playing another 2 games? If they add games, they should allow teams 5 more players for depth, and even that would water down the talent on the field. I think that they should make the final home game of the pre-season a part of the tie-breaker equation to give it more urgency but don't think they should extend the season and shorten careers otherwise.

A 17 game season would give some teams 9 home games and others would only have 8. Besides, what would be proven by playing another 2 games? If they add games, they should allow teams 5 more players for depth, and even that would water down the talent on the field. I think that they should make the final home game of the pre-season a part of the tie-breaker equation to give it more urgency but don't think they should extend the season and shorten careers otherwise.

An extra game or two wouldn't prove anything, but it would add additional revenue to the league.

If they extend the season I'd like to see the preseason cut to two games and the regular season extended to 17 games I'd also give teams 2 Bye weeks during the season. I think bye weeks are key to any season extensions.

i agree with you

i think most player would take an extra game and bye week over 2 preseason games

I mean who wouldn't was to get those two extra weeks to see your teams play but IDK... Playing in the NFL affects your body for life and even two extra games a year would take its toll. But IF they do make it an 18 game season (because OBVIOUSLY 17 makes no sense) then they need to bring the preseason down to two. And I never even thought of the two bye weeks but thats a great great idea regardless of if they increase games.

:lol: :lol: And putting any playoff importance to a preseason game is laughable Preseason is the time to evaluate talent no necessarily win games :lol: :lol:

I am all for it. they play the same amount of games, just 2 games mean something now. not to mention an additional bye week.

if Nascar can run all year long, NFL can run an extra 2 weeks of regular season.

I am still waiting for tem to change the playoff seeding that division winners are still a lock but the seeding is based purely on record & tie breakers. No more 9-7 #3 seeds.

The more I think about it it makes me angry. The game has only gotten more harsh really. The people are faster and hit harder and you want them to do it more? WTF? At some point you have to think about the players. All their thinking about is money. I'd go as far to say this is disgusting. If I said all my thoughts you guys would say I was crazy so I'm going to stop.

The cardinals have already turned the playoffs into a joke. Extending the season is just another free pass for teams coming out of weak divisions. The only way the season should be extended is adding another bye week so that what happened last year becomes less likely.

The cardinals have already turned the playoffs into a joke. Extending the season is just another free pass for teams coming out of weak divisions. The only way the season should be extended is adding another bye week so that what happened last year becomes less likely.

I think they redeemed themselves if they had to.

I think they redeemed themselves if they had to.

The only way they can redeem themselves is to go back into obscurity where they belong. They are top of my most hated list after that stunt they pulled last year. They took advantage of a system that needs changing. They clinched early then took most of december off. It sickens me that they were in the SB.

Those extra home games could be the ones sent to London, Toronto etc.