Anyone remember Jimmy Williams?

Jedi-Falcon

He was the #2 ranked Safety in the Nation just a few years ago. I think only Michael Huff was ahead of him.

Look how great that turned out.

From all my years of being alive and analyzing the NFL, it's clear to me that you never draft a Safety with a high pick. Draft one in the 4th Round or later, and develop him. That is the one position that drafting high will kill you.

Pass on Delmas. Do not make the same mistake we made with Jimmy Williams.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He was the #2 ranked Safety in the Nation just a few years ago. I think only Michael Huff was ahead of him.

From all my years of being alive and analyzing the NFL, it's clear to me that you never draft a Safety with a high pick. Draft one in the 4th Round or later, and develop him. That is the one position that drafting high will kill you.

Too bad we drafted Jimmy Williams to play Cornerback.

And Delmas isn't a lazy bum like Jimmy Williams.

Yea, we drafted him to be our CB. 2nd Round Pick. That should be a pick for a starting, top-notch CB. That ended up well.

That moron played pretty good Safety in college, then cost himself millions of dollars by announcing to NFL scouts at the Combine that he wanted to be a CB in the NFL. That right there threw up a red flag about the intelligence of that guy. That's why he went from being a projected top-15 pick to being a 2nd Rounder.

McKay played that real good. Not only did Williams Epic Fail as a CB, he sucked as a Safety. And the reason why is because he has no brains or desire to be anything once they make their money. Just like every Va. Tech product.

I cant stand Frank Beamer. He doesn't give a **** about his players, only his team competing for the National Championship - which they never win. And his program does nothing to prepare those kids for the NFL. All his program is designed for is to Win Now, and Screw Later.

Yea, we drafted him to be our CB. 2nd Round Pick. That should be a pick for a starting, top-notch CB. That ended up well.

That moron played pretty good Safety in college, then cost himself millions of dollars by announcing to NFL scouts at the Combine that he wanted to be a CB in the NFL. That right there threw up a red flag about the intelligence of that guy. That's why he went from being a projected top-15 pick to being a 2nd Rounder.

McKay played that real good. Not only did Williams Epic Fail as a CB, he sucked as a Safety. And the reason why is because he has no brains or desire to be anything once they make their money. Just like every Va. Tech product.

I cant stand Frank Beamer. He doesn't give a **** about his players, only his team competing for the National Championship - which they never win. And his program does nothing to prepare those kids for the NFL. All his program is designed for is to Win Now, and Screw Later.

Louis Delmas didn't go to Va Tech though. And the articles I've read about him, he's a leader on and off the field, something Jimmy Williams never will be, his coach praises him and his work ethic. This is a different staff that actually knows how to evaluate talent, if they take a safety high, he's going to be worth it. McKay was not a talent evaluator, he was a numbers man.

this is stupid cause jimmy williams was one aweful CB, but i'm playing devil's advocate here:

ED Reed: 1st round, 24th pick mind you.

Brian Dawkins: 2nd round, 31st pick.

Troy Polamalu: 1st round (16th pick)

Adrian Wilson: 3rd roind, 2nd pick.

Rodney harrison: 5th round, 14th pick, but it took him three seasons to be starter/make any impact.

Bob sanders: 2nd round (12th pick)

only reed, dawkins, and polamalu made an impact their first season.

How do you know?

Even with all your honed Jedi-Powers, how do you know that Delmas is a lazy bum like Jimmy Williams? There have been busts at every position. Should we have passed on Ryan because Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, David Carr, Joey Harrington and a host of other guys were busts in the league at QB? No...

I maybe wrong, but Frank Beamer's job is to try to win championships, not groom players for the NFL. Does he get a bonus for players that succeed in the NFL?

Again, if you think there is some kind of correlation between Jimmy Williams and Louis Delmas, you are an idiot...

They are two completely different people...

Yes his win at any cost mentality certainly has contributed to the thug environment at VTech. Some players you just have to walk away from no matter what their physical skills are. Beamer needs to look at the totality of his players including their character.

Waiting for the Tech Fans to come screaming in 3 2 1 .......

Jimmy Williams was a 2nd round pick genius. Thats not a HIGH pick.