Louis Delmas To Visit With Falcons

atljbo

Louis Delmas To Visit With Falcons

Scott Boehm/Getty

By Doug Farrar

FalconInsider.com

Posted Mar 24, 2009

FalconInsider.com Editor Doug Farrar is reporting that Western Michigan safety Louis Delmas will meet with the Atlanta Falcons before next month's draft.

Delmas, widely regarded as the top safety available in the 2009 NFL Draft, will meet with Falcons on Friday, April 10.

At 5-11 and 202 pounds, Delmas has been labeled as "undersized". Despite that, he is known primarily for his tough, physical approach to the game. During the NFL Scouting Combine last month in Indianapolis, Delmas answered questions about his speed by posting a 4.50 in the 40-yard dash, which tied for 3rd fastest among safeties working out.

Delmas also posted a 37" vertical jump, a 10'6" broad jump and displayed excellent quickness and burst with a 4.17-second time in the 20-yard shuttle during his workout at the Combine.

in the 2nd round

i agree....... i feel like there is no safety worth a 1st round pick....... i kinda like Louis Delmas but its nobody on this board can tell me that Louis Delmas is a better prospect then Kenny Phillips ( last year 31st pick)...... Plus i want to see what Thomas Decoud can do......... If we can get Louis Delmas in the 2nd round i would not mind tho

I would rather have Matthews, or Micheal Johnson at 24 then take Rashad Johnson later in the draft

An overachiever who benefitted greatly from big time talent around him and an underachiever who vanished completely at times. Great choices for the first round.

Honestly, I hope we trade down out of the first entirely. We're not high enough to get one of the few top-tier players, so we might as well get more picks and get more of the very solid second round crop for this year's draft.

Two seconds, two thirds, and our fourth could net us a NT, CB, S, LB, and TE and shore up most of our need spots right there. I'd be all for it.

Direwolf

After seeing and hearing Delmas, I'd rather pass on him. He seems borderline ********. Reminds me of the Va. Tech garbage the Falcons used to draft. Jimmy Williams comes to mind.

I say we find a Safety elsewhere. He doesn't appear to have the brains to manage that position in the NFL.

After seeing and hearing Delmas, I'd rather pass on him. He seems borderline ********. Reminds me of the Va. Tech garbage the Falcons used to draft. Jimmy Williams comes to mind.

I say we find a Safety elsewhere. He doesn't appear to have the brains to manage that position in the NFL.

After seeing this, you seem borderline ********...