Jaymadd Mock Version 4.0

Jaymadd

I am applying for a job with the FO, and as a part of my resume I am going to bring my own Mock Draft so feedback would really help me give the best mock to my prospective employers. :D

Yall know how much I want a DE, so my first choice should be obvious:

1st Round

Michael Johnson DE, Georgia Tech

Height: 6-7. Weight: 266.

Pro Day 40 Time: 4.59.

Benchx225: 28. Vertical: 38.5.

I really like this kid as a future pro-bowl DE, despite the na-sayers. Thanks to Rob4242 i was forced to due some research, i did however find out that Abe accounted for 47% of our sack total. Abe is not a spring chicken, and he can be subject to injury even if it is those minor injuries that he has during the game. If Abe is out of the game our chances of getting a sack decrease by almost 50%. We need a DE that can get to the QB. Micheal JOhnson may not be a everydown DE in his first year becaue we have Davis and Anderson, but I believe he will develop into one with proper coaching and his work ethic. Pit&Atlanta please go ahead and skip commenting on the first pick because we already know what you are going to say, oh yeah and Scantless is going to say he is not a Football player :D

2nd Round

William Moore, SS, Missouri

Height: 6-0. Weight: 221.

Pro Day 40 Time: 4.49.

Benchx225: . Vertical: 37.5.

William Moore is growing on me. I do think that we may go after our SS in the 2nd round. I know that there may be a lot of safety talent in 2010, but we cant bank on that, the Future is Now. Moore played FS and SS, which shows that versitality that TD wants in a safety. The weight that he dropped really helped him improve on his quickness and speed. IMO Moore is the best playmaker at Safety in this years draft. He has more of an upside than Delmas IMO. I also like Rashad Johnson as a pick here too. I dont think we will draft a Safety in the first, so GDawg sorry no Delmas :D

3rd Round

Dorell Scott DT, Clemson

Height: 6-3. Weight: 312.

Combine 40 Time: 4.92.

Benchx225: 29. Vertical: .

Prototypical frame for the position with room for an additional 10-15 pounds of bulk. … Flashes impressive initial quickness off the snap for a player his size. … Good balance and can redirect his charge to close when open lanes are presented. … Quick hands to deflect the blocker's initial hand punch. … Has some rush technique, including an impressive rip. … Can get his hands up to create obstacles in the passing lane. … Can close running lanes due to his size. … When playing with leverage, has the leg drive to hold up at the point of attack and flashes the ability to split double-team blocks. -Cbssports

The biggest knock on Scott is his consistency at being effective, but this kid has alot of upside to me and would be a good NT/DT in a rotation with Lewis and Babs.

4th Round

Jason Williams OLB, Western Illinois

Height: 6-1. Weight: 235.

Projected 40 Time: 4.55.

Jason Williams last weighed in at 241. He has great speed to play on the outside and plays with alot of intensity. He is a very smart player and could be our Future WLB.

5th Round

Sebastian Vollmer, Houston

Height: 6-7. Weight: 314.

Projected 40 Time: 5.29.

He is a big kid with quick feet and would be a great late round pick as our Future RT. He is a mauler. Some say that we need to get a OT higher in the draft, but the two starters that we have now on the rightside werent high draft picks. I do feel like we need to address the OL due to the one -year tender signed by Clabo and Dahl, but there is a lot of talent in the draft at OT. We could go higher but I like our chances later in the draft.

5th Round

Lee Robinson, Alcorn State

Height: 6-2. Weight: 249.

Combine 40 Time: 4.78.

Benchx225: 24.

Good height and upper-body strength. … Can bull rush and rip from running back/tight end blocks. … Nice closing speed, runs downhill to attack ballcarriers. … Often lines up outside the defensive end in a rushing stance to take advantage of his explosiveness. … Uses his hands to keep cut blocks off his knees. … Fights through trash inside to get to the ballcarrier. … Will hustle down plays. … Team leader on and off the field. He would be a great fit behind Peterson at SLB

6th Round

Davon Drew, East Carolina

Height: 6-4. Weight: 256.

Benchx225: 17. Vertical: .

Good height with long arms, strong biceps and adequate lower body build. Versatile enough to be used outside, in the slot, in motion and on the line. Reliable hands and will snatch the ball outside his frame. Good release off the line, and can use hands to shake off linebackers and get into his route. Will set up out routes well, using his long arms to get separation. Quick enough to threaten the seam and open up underneath routes. Fights off arm tackles and gain additional yardage after the catch. Former quarterback who knows when to sit down in zones and works to make himself available. Very willing run and pass blocker, giving good effort.

He will be a great pick up. The FO seems to value a good blocking TE. I think that Drew offers a good combination of blocking and receving, he runs faster than Brandon Pettigrew and Anthony Hills, giving him the chance to stretch the seems.

Please let me know what ya Think.

Just a Day in the Mind of Jaymadd :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very solid draft and I really like it :)

Think Williams can really be a steal

Nice work

Thanks i really like Williams too, but just hope that he hasnt moved too far up the draft board to the pick where he will not be avialable when we pick in the 4th

Thanks but what about the entire mock or the other picks any comment.

personally i am not keen on MJ at all. the motor issue is a big one for me. i have read the debates on these forums about that but im not sold. plus, if we draft a DE early then i want Barwin :).

i do like Moore as a prospect and if TD is enamored with him (which is very possible) then im ok with it, but i would prefer to give DeCoud the reigns this year and focus on a high-end S next year.

i like Robinson, but not if we are also drafting Williams (who i like much more). i think its overkill on SLB. plus with Williams athletic ability he can project to all LB positions whereas Robinson appears limited to SLB, and maybe MLB.

i also like the 5th rd to grab an OT, and for the most part would be happy with whomever the FO decides is the best fit. Vollmer is an interesting one and appears to have a lot of potential. i have just been partial to Gardner because of our interest in him, he's local, and has the traits i hope for in a RT.

i guess aside from MJ and the extra LB pick i think its quite good. (youve got 3 of my mock players so that makes this at least pretty darn good ;))

I1st Round

I really like this kid as a future pro-bowl DE, despite the na-sayers. Thanks to Rob4242 i was forced to due some research, i did however find out that Abe accounted for 47% of our sack total. Abe is not a spring chicken, and he can be subject to injury even if it is those minor injuries that he has during the game. If Abe is out of the game our chances of getting a sack decrease by almost 50%. We need a DE that can get to the QB. Micheal JOhnson may not be a everydown DE in his first year becaue we have Davis and Anderson, but I believe he will develop into one with proper coaching and his work ethic. Pit&Atlanta please go ahead and skip commenting on the first pick because we already know what you are going to say :D

fail.jpg

personally i am not keen on MJ at all. the motor issue is a big one for me. i have read the debates on these forums about that but im not sold. plus, if we draft a DE early then i want Barwin :).

i do like Moore as a prospect and if TD is enamored with him (which is very possible) then im ok with it, but i would prefer to give DeCoud the reigns this year and focus on a high-end S next year.

i like Robinson, but not if we are also drafting Williams (who i like much more). i think its overkill on SLB. plus with Williams athletic ability he can project to all LB positions whereas Robinson appears limited to SLB, and maybe MLB.

i also like the 5th rd to grab an OT, and for the most part would be happy with whomever the FO decides is the best fit. Vollmer is an interesting one and appears to have a lot of potential. i have just been partial to Gardner because of our interest in him, he's local, and has the traits i hope for in a RT.

i guess aside from MJ and the extra LB pick i think its quite good. (youve got 3 of my mock players so that makes this at least pretty darn good ;))

Absolutely my opinion. When I think about Michael Johnson there's just a little voice in my head telling me he's going to be the next Vernon Gholston, but even worse lol.

Also agree about Robinson. With the Peterson signing and picking Williams I think we have enough at LB. I would much rather get more depth at OT.

But overall it's a very decent mock, and I like it.

dorrell scott is an interesting prospect. His size says that he can def survive as a backup NT. His stats last year were a little skewed because he was playing hurt. I think this guys could be a steal. 3rd round feels a little steep for him though....

davon drew cannot stretch the field IMO. With a 4.82 40, he's basically the same speed as Pettigrew and Hill (SLOW). But I do think it would be a very good late round value pick. I like Hill a lot better though because of the taller frame and longer arms. Drew is a good pick though...

You & I have been round & round about your 1st round pick, so you know how I feel about that one. But for the rest of the draft, I like it. Moore is a very good pick there if he were to fall that far (I'm still not 100% convinced there isn't a team that takes him late round 1 based on game film rather than after the season stuff though).

Picks 3 & 4 are fine, I might have gone a little different way, but can live with em. I like the picks in rounds 5 & 6. Soooo, outside of round 1 :P a very solid draft.

dorrell scott is an interesting prospect. His size says that he can def survive as a backup NT. His stats last year were a little skewed because he was playing hurt. I think this guys could be a steal. 3rd round feels a little steep for him though....

davon drew cannot stretch the field IMO. With a 4.82 40, he's basically the same speed as Pettigrew and Hill (SLOW). But I do think it would be a very good late round value pick. I like Hill a lot better though because of the taller frame and longer arms. Drew is a good pick though...

i have recently switched up my wish list and replaced SLH with Scott. i think he can be a better all around DT, most specifically with his abilities to penetrate and defeat double teams. his main issue appears to be inconsistency, which i read as stamina. this would be nullified by the way we rotate the DL.

Drew does have a weak 40 time but he is very quick off the line and in and out of his routes. he may not have the deep speed to make a lot of downfield plays, but i believe he is quick enough to at least threaten the seam and keep the defense honest.

I am applying for a job with the FO, and as a part of my resume I am going to bring my own Mock Draft so feedback would really help me give the best mock to my prospective employers. :D

If you are seriously applying for a job with the real FO, maybe bringing a mock draft to your interview isn't the best course of action. JMHO.

1st Round

-I can't get behind this pick. I obviously don't know him personally, but his passion for the game has been questioned, maybe unfairly. That scares me. From what I have read he didn't dominate at the college level even though he has freakish skills. Reminds me of Gholston in that way.

2nd Round

William Moore, SS, Missouri

Height: 6-0. Weight: 221.

Pro Day 40 Time: 4.49.

Benchx225: . Vertical: 37.5

-Love it. I really want a big physical safety. I am personally don't want Coleman to take over for Milloy as our primary in the box safety. I would prefer to keep Coleman in the role he was in last year. Nice pick.

3rd Round

Dorell Scott DT, Clemson

Height: 6-3. Weight: 312.

Combine 40 Time: 4.92.

Benchx225: 29.

-I tell what scares me about this guy. He has excellent size and athletic ability. 6'3" 312 pound DT don't usually slide in the draft if they can play. Why isn't he be talked about as a late 1st round pick? That is concerning. Intriguing prospect nonetheless, and I would be happy to give him a shot in the 3rd round.

4th Round

Jason Williams OLB, Western Illinois

Height: 6-1. Weight: 235.

Projected 40 Time: 4.55.

I like this kid. Good timed speed and good enough size to play all 3 linebacker positions. Smitty and Dimitroff love guys that can play multiple positions.

5th Round

Sebastian Vollmer, Houston

Height: 6-7. Weight: 314.

Projected 40 Time: 5.29.

-Solid pick here. I also wouldn't mind Garrett Reynolds out of UNC towards the end of the draft, he has similar measurables.

5th Round

Lee Robinson, Alcorn State

Height: 6-2. Weight: 249.

Benchx225: 24.

-I am not against the pick, but we took a LB already in this draft. I may want to look to improve the CB position at this pick.

6th Round

Davon Drew, East Carolina

Height: 6-4. Weight: 256.

Benchx225: 17.

-I would rather see TE addressed in rounds 2 or 3, I liked both of those picks, but I think it's important to supply Matt Ryan with another weapon out of this draft and I am not sure Drew is going to pan out in the NFL.

I don't like the fact that our first two picks are players that have big time negatives. Both of them remind me of Jamaal Anderson, they have all the measureables but both are huge potential busts. I don't like taking chances like that early in the draft.

I don't like the fact that our first two picks are players that have big time negatives. Both of them remind me of Jamaal Anderson, they have all the measureables but both are huge potential busts. I don't like taking chances like that early in the draft.

Every player has negatives, or else they would be a top 5 pick. I think that in the draft you have to take calculated risks. Even though both Johnson and Moore have negatives they still produced at the collegiate level and added value to their college teams. Sometimes we get too caught up on the negatives that we forget about what they did do. I like that our FO looks at these so-called Negatives to see how drastic they are and see if they are coachable. We all had alot of negatives (we probably said they were big-time too)about Matt Ryan and Sam Baker but looked at how that turned out

eh. im not a big fan of the Michael Johnson pick. he just seems like another jamaal anderson or vernon gholston. i dont remember who said it on here, but they said "Michael Johnson: looks like tarzan, plays like jane." and i agree 100%. but i like the William Moore pick in the 2nd. he would be my 2nd choice after Marcus Freeman.