Position By Position

I usually do something like this once per year and with my cousin coming to visit this weekend for my birthday I just wanted to give an open and honest opinion of where we are right now.

QB: Doesn't need a change at all. Ryan, Redmon, and Shockley round us out pretty well and I'd hate to get anyone else for any reason.

HB: Turner, Norwood and Brown. I wouldn't mind another guy to push them along. There may be one or two guys in the FA after the draft who could compliment what we already have and take some pressure off of Turner.

FB: Mughelli has been great and Snelling plays both HB and FB and that makes him super valuable.

WR: White, Jenkins, Douglas, Finneran, and Robinson round us out a bit. I still have questions about the decline of Robinson. Maybe he's not who or what we thought he was.

TE: We have three good bodies in place, but a pass catching TE would not hurt anything. I would like a guy who could do both, but they are few and far between.

OL: Unlike many here I only see where we could use some depth. For cheap. Its time to stop mad drafting and signing in this area because we've been working on this for far too long. Its time to see now if our group (starters and back-ups) can woork together.

DL: OKAY! Sore spot and not getting much better too soon. There is so much on this one topic that its very hard to actually articulate it all in just a few moments. I know this much about it though. A few names were thrown around on the messege boards where the FA was concerned and alos the draft. There WILL be someone and the question isn't necessarily who, but rather "when". Lewis has been cleared and this brings excitement to some, but as an avid Falcons fan I have to be honest and say that I wasn't overly impressed. Now coming off of nearly two years of rehab he is STILL a rookie. DE is a convo that goes on and on and it has been validated that this will be a position of interest on DRAFT day. I doubt VERY seriously that a FA comes in or a trade is made at this position. An added pass rusher IS needed in order for this system to work.

LB: That doesn't necessarily mean at DE either. We are actually set for the season here. Nicholas, Lofton, and Peterson can carry the team. A lot of other guys were invited and scheduled but picked up serious $$$ before coming here. Peterson was a bargain. Another LB will be drafted, but expect no more moves at this position in the FA.

CB: Houston, Jackson, Hutchins, Grimes, Irons. This is actually a great group, but if another CB was drafted or picked up who would be the odd man out? It has come to my attention that while this isn't classified as a need position, an upgrade is still being thought of. It will all depend on the defensive BPA all through the draft. Not many FA's are left at this position and as it isn't a NEED position no one may be picked up. Foxworth was brought in because Hutchins was injured and Jackson wasn't ready. This could be the year for Jackson.

Safety: Coleman was a nice pick-up and now the question is what does TD mean by system specific and versitility at this position. It doesn't mean small and fast or big and strong. It means that he wants someone who can cover and hit. Kinda like Coleman. FA is not over for this position, but the draft is being looked at as well. Delmas is a pick that could happen in the first (although I'm not huge on him) or we could wait until the second or day two. There are looking for skill set in the same fashion to where they threw their offer to LJ Smith away. Some players can be there for rotation and yet others can be there for starting purposes. We will just have to see.

I usually do something like this once per year and with my cousin coming to visit this weekend for my birthday I just wanted to give an open and honest opinion of where we are right now.

QB: Doesn't need a change at all. Ryan, Redmon, and Shockley round us out pretty well and I'd hate to get anyone else for any reason.

HB: Turner, Norwood and Brown. I wouldn't mind another guy to push them along. There may be one or two guys in the FA after the draft who could compliment what we already have and take some pressure off of Turner.

FB: Mughelli has been great and Snelling plays both HB and FB and that makes him super valuable.

WR: White, Jenkins, Douglas, Finneran, and Robinson round us out a bit. I still have questions about the decline of Robinson. Maybe he's not who or what we thought he was.

TE: We have three good bodies in place, but a pass catching TE would not hurt anything. I would like a guy who could do both, but they are few and far between.

OL: Unlike many here I only see where we could use some depth. For cheap. Its time to stop mad drafting and signing in this area because we've been working on this for far too long. Its time to see now if our group (starters and back-ups) can woork together.

DL: OKAY! Sore spot and not getting much better too soon. There is so much on this one topic that its very hard to actually articulate it all in just a few moments. I know this much about it though. A few names were thrown around on the messege boards where the FA was concerned and alos the draft. There WILL be someone and the question isn't necessarily who, but rather "when". Lewis has been cleared and this brings excitement to some, but as an avid Falcons fan I have to be honest and say that I wasn't overly impressed. Now coming off of nearly two years of rehab he is STILL a rookie. DE is a convo that goes on and on and it has been validated that this will be a position of interest on DRAFT day. I doubt VERY seriously that a FA comes in or a trade is made at this position. An added pass rusher IS needed in order for this system to work.

LB: That doesn't necessarily mean at DE either. We are actually set for the season here. Nicholas, Lofton, and Peterson can carry the team. A lot of other guys were invited and scheduled but picked up serious $$$ before coming here. Peterson was a bargain. Another LB will be drafted, but expect no more moves at this position in the FA.

CB: Houston, Jackson, Hutchins, Grimes, Irons. This is actually a great group, but if another CB was drafted or picked up who would be the odd man out? It has come to my attention that while this isn't classified as a need position, an upgrade is still being thought of. It will all depend on the defensive BPA all through the draft. Not many FA's are left at this position and as it isn't a NEED position no one may be picked up. Foxworth was brought in because Hutchins was injured and Jackson wasn't ready. This could be the year for Jackson.

Safety: Coleman was a nice pick-up and now the question is what does TD mean by system specific and versitility at this position. It doesn't mean small and fast or big and strong. It means that he wants someone who can cover and hit. Kinda like Coleman. FA is not over for this position, but the draft is being looked at as well. Delmas is a pick that could happen in the first (although I'm not huge on him) or we could wait until the second or day two. There are looking for skill set in the same fashion to where they threw their offer to LJ Smith away. Some players can be there for rotation and yet others can be there for starting purposes. We will just have to see.

Good post:

So do we have to Crown his *** (a bust) ...... sorry, couldn't resist..... a la, Dennis Green

:lol:

Sincerly though.. good post... :)

So do we have to Crown his *** (a bust) ...... sorry, couldn't resist..... a la, Dennis Green

:lol:

Sincerly though.. good post... :)

LOL!!!

Good post, I hope that we dont get Delmas and pick up a Safety in the second. If Delmas is still there in the second then he will be a Falcon. I actually like William Moore at SS, he can hit and with the drop in weigh it helps him with his speed and quickness as evidenced at his latest pro-day. Moore has the highest ceiling IMO and adds that ballhawking safety that we need.

Well, I will say that his tapes sucked a triple thick milkshake out of a coffee straw.

Yeah i saw a game on him, and my biggest ? mark is his coverage skills, even though Gdawg will disagree with me. I dont see a big difference between Decoud and Delmas.

Yeah i saw a game on him, and my biggest ? mark is his coverage skills, even though Gdawg will disagree with me. I dont see a big difference between Decoud and Delmas.

He overpursues, whiffs tackles, gets taken advantage of and everything else. Then in some he's slightly above average. He is inconsistant. His hits are laughable btw.