WoTFan's Mock Draft

WoTFan

First lets get some things that I think will affect our draft. We won't be bringing in any safeties early. TD and Smith like Decoud and Coleman, and will give them at least one year. Second I think that our LB core is set for this year. We won't get the LB in the first we want, and any other pick will be developmental.

So with that said, here we go.

1: DT, Evander Hood: This guy is the third rated tackle. His stock now warrants a first rounder. I doubt he would get past 33, the Lions need a quality DT. With that said, I labored over him or Pettigrew. I wouldn't mind either. However, I think Hood might just have the highest ceiling of the top 3 DTs.

2: LB, Clint Sintim: Like I've said before, I believe that Sintim will be there at our pick. The Hybrid class is deep. Sintim though, if given time to learn under Peterson, could become a dominate SLB. Beyond that, he is much like Nicholas in that he can also help in the pass rush by putting his hand in the ground and getting to the QB.

3: CB, Mike Mickens: A perfect CB for our scheme. His stock fell that to his mediocre 40. We snap him up. He would get many of the duties Jackson did last year.

4: TE, Anthony Hill: A poor man's Brandon Pettigrew. He is a devastating blocker. Is much like a light OT. However, he has soft hand and great ball skills. Too bad he's almost as slow as Pettigrew. Which is why we get him here. He won't be able to get up the seam like many faster TE, but he would be a better target in the redzone than what we have now. We try to get our complete TE next year.

5: S, Otis Wiley: Like I said, I think the starting safeties are already on the roster. However, I do think that we can get a late round prospect to develop. We need depth. Wiley may not get the hype that some players get, but I really like him. This is purely a depth and ST pick.

5: OT, Andrew Gardner: Had him on here since my first mock. I think enough has been said about him. He gives us depth at the outside. Something we need now that the interior of the line has depth.

6: LB, Lee Robinson: Robinson is unheralded thanks to the conference he played in. His stock has gone from maybe a UDFA, to where we may not even get him here. In fact, some places (Draft Countdown has him ranked as the 14th OLB) have his draft stock as high as a late 4th to early 5th. However, I'm going to go with Scout's Inc. and WalterFootball, who each have him going here or latter.

So, what do you guys think?

4: TE, Anthony Hill: A poor man's Brandon Pettigrew. He is a devastating blocker. Is much like a light OT. However, he has soft hand and great ball skills. Too bad he's slower than Pettigrew. Which is why we get him here. He won't be able to get up the seam like many faster TE, but he would be a better target in the redzone than what we have now. We try to get our complete TE next year.

I think it's great dude. The only thing is, I dont see the reason for getting Hill. Pettigrew, despite his slothness, can somewhat stretch the field. If this guy can't, then he's no better than what we already have. JMHO. I like it tho. Welcome to the Hood bandwagon! :D

First lets get some things that I think will affect our draft. We won't be bringing in any safeties early. TD and Smith like Decoud and Coleman, and will give them at least one year. Second I think that our LB core is set for this year. We won't get the LB in the first we want, and any other pick will be developmental.

So with that said, here we go.

1: DT, Evander Hood: This guy is the third rated tackle. His stock now warrants a first rounder. I doubt he would get past 33, the Lions need a quality DT. With that said, I labored over him or Pettigrew. I wouldn't mind either. However, I think Hood might just have the highest cieling of the top 3 DTs.

2: LB, Clint Sintim: Like I've said before, I believe that Sintim will be there at our pick. The Hybrid class is deep. Sintim though, if given time to learn under Peterson, could become a dominate SLB. Beyond that, he is much like Nicholas in that he can also help in the pass rush by putting his hand in the ground and getting to the QB.

3: CB, Mike Mickens: A perfect CB for our scheme. His stock fell that to his mediocre 40. We snap him up. He would get many of the duties Jackson did last year.

4: TE, Anthony Hill: A poor man's Brandon Pettigrew. He is a devastating blocker. Is much like a light OT. However, he has soft hand and great ball skills. Too bad he's slower than Pettigrew. Which is why we get him here. He won't be able to get up the seam like many faster TE, but he would be a better target in the redzone than what we have now. We try to get our complete TE next year.

5: S, Otis Wiley: Like I said, I think the starting safeties are already on the roster. However, I do think that we can get a late round prospect to develop. We need depth. Wiley may not get the hype that some players get, but I really like him. This is purely a depth and ST pick.

5: OT, Andrew Gardner: Had him on here since my first mock. I think enough has been said about him. He gives us depth at the outside. Something we need now that the interior of the line has depth.

6: LB, Lee Robinson: Robinson is unheralded thanks to the conference he played in. His stock has gone from maybe a UDFA, to where we may not even get him here. In fact, some places (Draft Countdown has him ranked as the 14th OLB) have his draft stock as high as a late 4th to early 5th. However, I'm going to go with Scout's Inc. and WalterFootball, who each have him going here or latter.

So, what do you guys think?

I like it, but you left out my favorite position, which is DE. I dont know about the TE pick either, i think that Davon Drew or Cameron Morrah would be a better choice, they offer more speed at the TE position and we could snag them with a 5th

Hill has great ball skills. He may not be able to get up the seam, but he would IMO be a better checkdown target than anything we have. He can block like an OT and has the hands to sit in zones and run short-medium routes.

If that 'tis the case, then I stand befuddled -_- But Idk anything about him except that he only had like 8 catches haha

Yeah, he wasn't ultra productive. I blame that on playing at NC State. Even with that said he had 19 catches for 234 yrds and 4 TDs. He had nearly 500 yrds in 2006, the year before his injury.

Also, jaymadd, I think that with the resigning of Davis we are set at "situational pass rusher." Besides, Sintim adds that very thing the minute we draft him.

Scouts Inc.

Can rush the passer from a two-point as well as a three-point stance. Can set offensive tackles up to the outside before redirecting inside. Active hands and flashes an effective rip move. Moves well laterally when running line stunts. Shows adequate closing speed but lacks elite initial quickness and is going to have a harder time turning the corner at the NFL level. Plays with a narrow base and can get knocked off balance by blockers in the backfield.

Thats what Scouts Inc. thinks of Sintim's pass rushing ability. I don't think we will go DE with the first couple picks with the resigning of Davis. Adding Sintim just gives us our future SLB and a guy who can be a situational pass rusher. Much like Nicholas was last year.

EDIT:

After looking at NFL.com, it seems Hill ran faster than Pettigrew. A 4.81, copared to Pettigrew's 4.83.

Here is Hill's analysis from NFL.com

Analysis

Positives: Tall with some strength and long arms. Presents a nice target to his quarterback on bootlegs and in zones. Physical blocking for the run and pass. Finds his target in space, can latch on and push him downfield. Fair lateral movement to stay in front of defensive ends on the line. Lines up in the slot and with his hand down. Uses his length and height to stretch the field. Reliable, soft hands and physical enough to push off defenders and gain yardage after the catch.

Negatives: Built like a receiver. Long strider who lacks quickness out of his stance or the speed to separate, although his height is an advantage downfield. Does not have suddenness in and out of routes, and will round them off. Fails to sustain blocks against quicker defenders in space because he does not bend his knees, has slow footwork and stiff hips. Waist-bender when blocking defensive ends on the edge. Durability concerns abound with ACL and chest injuries keeping him out over the past two seasons.

i like sintim but he is a 3-4 outside backer.

Right now, yes. He's a great pass rusher. However, with a year or so under Peterson would really refine his coverage skills (which are actually alot better than what most people give him credit for) he has the frame and abilities to be a dominating SLB in a 4-3.