Common (fairly stupid) misconceptions people make

QB + 4.55 or less 40 time and/or running skills = WR

CB + slow 40 time = PERFECT COVER 2 CB!!!! (Not every CB who runs slow is a "Cover 2" CB!!!! :angry: )

DE + athleticism = 34 OLB

WR + 4.3 or less 40 time = Next great WR

A DT that weighs less than 330 pounds = a run liability

We "don't need" a TE

We need a new right side of the OL

Mike Vick did absolutely nothing for the Falcons, was an absolute bum, and wasn't the best QB in ATL history(Idk about Bartkowski- before my time- but who else is in the running? Chris Chandler? He is the only QB who took the Falcons farther than Vick did, with a better team.)

Add yours 2 tha list!!!!

those are typically the rules, although you exaggerated it a bit...An undersized DT will usually be a run liability (under 300 lbs.), slow corners ARE a perfect fit for a zone cover scheme, and Athletic DE's can make great 3-4 OLBs the positions are so interchangable, however there are exceptions to every rule

that we were better with vick

that vick didnt lie to us all

that we somehow threw vick under the bus, that vick didnt do it to himself

I dont want this 2 turn n2 a "Vick" thread, but I dont think any of that if that was directed @ me. Put it this way, Vick>>>> any other QB we coulda had from 02-06, Ryan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vick. And Vick effed himself.

those are typically the rules, although you exaggerated it a bit...An undersized DT will usually be a run liability (under 300 lbs.), slow GOOD corners ARE a perfect fit for a zone cover scheme, and Athletic DE's can make great 3-4 OLBs the positions are so interchangable, however there are exceptions to every rule

I fixed it 4 U. ;)

1. That since we have an ex D-Coordinator at HC, we must all defense on day 1.

2. That Mularkey isn't good with TE's. He was TE coach in PIT back in the day.

3. That Matt Ryan will automatically be great next season.

4. That JA98 was somehow "progressing" before he bumped his head in week 8.

5. That Coy Wire will sit behind the WLB we draft this year.

1. Exactly!

2. Double Exactly!

3. Triple Exactly!

4. I think he was.... :mellow:

5. That doesn't even makes sense haha

I will add to the list:

That TD is the 2nd Coming, can do no wrong, will make every perfect pick, and is already tha greatest GM ever with almighty authority that shall never be questioned.... <_<

QB + 4.55 or less 40 time and/or running skills = WR This one gets on my nerves to the fullest.

CB + slow 40 time = PERFECT COVER 2 CB!!!! (Not every CB who runs slow is a "Cover 2" CB!!!! :angry: ) Some guys can actually man up pretty well.

DE + athleticism = 34 OLB This is just another example of not understanding football. You forgot to add...Under 270lbs

WR + 4.3 or less 40 time = Next great WR Some guys I know run those speeds and play semi pro.

A DT that weighs less than 330 pounds = a run liability Not a fair assessment at all. I do like the big guys though.

We "don't need" a TE We don't NEED one, but a TE would be great.

We need a new right side of the OL No way. We are good there.

Mike Vick did absolutely nothing for the Falcons, was an absolute bum, and wasn't the best QB in ATL history(Idk about Bartkowski- before my time- but who else is in the running? Chris Chandler? He is the only QB who took the Falcons farther than Vick did, with a better team.) He did well and should have kept his nose clean.

Add yours 2 tha list!!!!

Love youre sig ;)

CB + slow 40 time = PERFECT COVER 2 CB!!!! (Not every CB who runs slow is a "Cover 2" CB!!!! :angry: )

We "don't need" a TE

Mike Vick did absolutely nothing for the Falcons, was an absolute bum, and wasn't the best QB in ATL history(Idk about Bartkowski- before my time- but who else is in the running? Chris Chandler? He is the only QB who took the Falcons farther than Vick did, with a better team.)

Add yours 2 tha list!!!!

Harrington can play the QB position:

Harrington-1.jpg

We "don't need" a TE

Add yours 2 tha list!!!!

You thinking Vick was the best QB in ATL history is a misconception! :D

Bartkowski, Miller and Chandler were all better. Matt Ryan will soon, if not already IMO, be on this list.

Michael Vick was quite possibly the best athlete to ever wear a Falcons uniform, Deion as much as I dislike him earns consideration here as well. He was not even close to being the best QB.

Someone on the boards has a sig that tells it just like it is. "Vick made the Falcons exciting, Ryan made them relevant". Although I personally found last year as about as exciting as it gets. It was great to watch a football team rather than one player run all over the field.