NFC South Prime-Time predicitions

nolafan33

This should be fun, lets see um:

New Orleans Saints

vs Falcons-one of the greatest rivalrys, in the best host city.

vs Patriots- match up of two power house offenses, would be a shootout.

@ Eagles- just a good matchup.

Atlanta Falcons

vs Panthers- always seem to have this game.

vs Miami- cinderellas of 08, probably a late game just incase one of the teams takes a step back.

@ Saints- read above.

@ Dallas- Tony Homo, this is a given. One team in the South has to play the girls in their new stadium.

Carolina Panthers

vs Vikings- just a great matchup.

@ Falcons- read above.

@ Giants- #1 teams in the South and East. Great matchup, one of the best games of the season in 08.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

none

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Orleans Saints

Atlanta Falcons

vs Miami- cinderellas of 08, probably a late game just incase one of the teams takes a step back.

@ Saints- read above.

@ Dallas- Tony Homo, this is a given. One team in the South has to play the girls in their new stadium.

Carolina Panthers

@ Falcons- read above.

@ Giants- #1 teams in the South and East. Great matchup, one of the best games of the season in 08.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

none

sounds about right

New Orleans Saints

Atlanta Falcons

@ Saints- read above.

Carolina Panthers

@ Falcons- read above.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

none

pretty much agree. i'm really hoping they put the falcons and saints on MNF.

pretty much agree. i'm really hoping they put the falcons and saints on MNF.

I'd bet it is.

Saints vs Falcons, one of the best rivalrys in the NFL. In New Orleans, the best host town in the country. What more could you ask for?

The NFL would be stupid not to do it.

New Orleans Saints

Atlanta Falcons

@ Saints- read above.

Carolina Panthers

@ Falcons- read above.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

none

I hope you are right about no night games for the bucs

Saints vs Falcons, one of the best rivalrys in the NFL. In New Orleans, the best host town in the country. What more could you ask for?

The NFL would be stupid not to do it.

I disagree. I dont think many people, probably very few, would say the Falcons and Saints is one of the best rivalries in the NFL

I disagree. I dont think many people, probably very few, would say the Falcons and Saints is one of the best rivalries in the NFL

its the NFC Souths best Rivalry by far

I hope the Falcons don't have any prime-time games. I hate night games, particularly Monday night.

Falcons will for sure have at least 1 Mon Night Game, 11-5 plus the NFL want M Ryan to make everyone in and outside of Atlanta forget about M Vick...

In terms of the NFCS, Bucs and Panthers have played for the division a lot more and its usually a close game

Saints-Falcons havent played that many games with playoff implications or that really matter at all, they are both loser franchises, equally lame

Panthers= expansion team Bucs= new arrivals

It goes way beyond NFCS. You wouldn't understand as both the bucs and panthers are like the new kids on the block as far as division opponents.

Don't have the rival history that saints and falcons do. ;)

It goes way beyond NFCS. You wouldn't understand as both the bucs and panthers are like the new kids on the block as far as division opponents.

Exactly. Regardless of how poor a lot of the Falcons and Saints teams have been over the years, your average ATL/NO matchup is going to draw more popularity than a CAR/TB game. It's just the way it is.

take a look at the first couple words in my post please sir

You can take that rivalry. It's irrelevant, historically laughable and largely unknown outside of the south.

who played for the division on MNF last year?

Exactly. Regardless of how poor a lot of the Falcons and Saints teams have been over the years, your average ATL/NO matchup is going to draw more popularity than a CAR/TB game. It's just the way it is.

what a baseless bunch bs. prove this please. who was on MNF last year?

what a baseless bunch bs. prove this please. who was on MNF last year?

You're relatively new to football much like the Panthers. We get it. The only reason CAR and TB were on MNF last year was because they obviously weren't going to put the Falcons on after such a terrible 2007 season.

Ask anybody in the southern US. Even though neither the Saints nor Falcons have been historically great, it's still the biggest southern NFL rivalry dating back many years. The Bucs, Panthers, Jaguars, Dolphins, Titans, etc. don't have any historic rivalry like the Falcons/Saints do. No matter how good or bad the two teams have been, they're almost always very good games. And the fan-bases hate each other and have for many years.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
Your saying that now.

Believe me, it is nothing to be happy about.

Spoken like a true loser. :rolleyes:

Spoken like a true loser. :rolleyes:

Say what you want.

But when the Bucs and Patriots start to complain of below average facilities, dangerous conditions, bad weather, huge crowds, long plain rides, nasty food, 1 hour and 15 minute rides to the practice fields, and are lackadaisical the next two weeks make sure to come back and tell me that I am right. Sean Payton even went as far as to call it the worst trip he has ever taken.

Oh yeah, did I mention yall are losing a home game? And probably 2 or 3 players in the process.

You're relatively new to football much like the Panthers. We get it. The only reason CAR and TB were on MNF last year was because they obviously weren't going to put the Falcons on after such a terrible 2007 season.

Ask anybody in the southern US. Even though neither the Saints nor Falcons have been historically great, it's still the biggest southern NFL rivalry dating back many years. The Bucs, Panthers, Jaguars, Dolphins, Titans, etc. don't have any historic rivalry like the Falcons/Saints do. No matter how good or bad the two teams have been, they're almost always very good games. And the fan-bases hate each other and have for many years.

nope

people in the south would say there isnt a good rivalry in south and then point out numerous college ones

no one cares about falcons-saints games except the fans of those teams. no one. its never a meaningful game and both are all-time losers

nope

people in the south would say there isnt a good rivalry in south and then point out numerous college ones

no one cares about falcons-saints games except the fans of those teams. no one. its never a meaningful game and both are all-time losers

No one cares about Jets/Dolphins rivalry here in the south either, but we've all heard of it. The league recognizes it as well as the fans, and that's all that matters.

Oh, and your team hasn't experienced years of futility because your team was born only in 1995. Your time will come. ;)

In terms of the NFCS, Bucs and Panthers have played for the division a lot more and its usually a close game

Saints-Falcons havent played that many games with playoff implications or that really matter at all, they are both loser franchises, equally lame

well its doubtfull, we will see Falcons vs Panthers in prime time, when 1 team (Falcons) dominate the other (Panthers) with an almost 70% win/loss % all time.. MNF wants to see something that no1 expects, and EVERYONE who watches the NFL expects Falcons to beat Panthers every yr, and that for sure wont change this yr, or next or aslong as the Panthers have the int machine J Dellhome , even in the yr Panthers went to super bowl they couldnt figure out how to beat the lame franchise known as the Atlanta Falcons... just saying know your place , Falcons have owed you since you were just kittens... and that is a FACT