Woah. Zero Comp Picks

sporkdevil

I can't beleive the Chargers only got a 4th. What does Turner have to do to warrant a 3rd round comp pick?

It's based on what he got paid. I think Turner got $32ish million. The 3rds go to the Pats for someone like Samuels, who got sick money (close to $70 I think, $9 million a year).

You get nothing if you cut them and they sign somewhere. You have not resign them.

That makes sense. It's just guys you don't resign who hit FA. So last year we had.... no one really.

This year we had Boley, Brooking, Milloy, Foxworth... and we signed Romberg (Davis doesn't count, I think).

:lol: I remember when we signed him half the board was pissed, saying we totally overpaid for a backup. I said we paid what he is worth, especially considering what others get paid at RB.

Yup, I knew he was special. I am thrilled that after a great offseason last year, TD is getting more of the benefit of the doubt this season (by posters who know what they are talking about). Sadly enough, this offseason has been better than those in recent memories.

It's based on what he got paid. I think Turner got $32ish million. The 3rds go to the Pats for someone like Samuels, who got sick money (close to $70 I think, $9 million a year).

Pay is only a percentage of the equation. It's based off of performance too. The owners meeting decides who gets what. If Boley is pro-bowl next year, we will be comped more than if he rides the bench.

true but we really needed at least a couple more, i would settle for just one more in second or third round

I'm used to the extra 2nd rounder too. I want to trade another Schaub away.

Who the **** did the Patriots get a 3rd for?

Asante Samuels. He helped the Iggles beat us.

From a topic thread that I started on March 1 as follows:

Atlanta will not receive any comp picks for 2009, because they had a net gain in qualified free agents in 2008, rather than a net loss of qualified free agents. I figure that Atlanta had a net gain of 3 qualified free agents in 2008. To receive a compensatory draft pick, a team has to lose more qualifying free agents than they signed. The only exception to this rule is when a team has a net loss of 0, but the value of the free agents lost is greater than the value of the free agents signed, then the team would get one 7th round comp pick.. A team receives comp picks between rounds 3 and 7 equal to the number of net qualified free agents lost, to a maximum of 4 comp picks. For example, if a team lost 5 qualified free agents, but signed 3 qualified free agents for a net loss of 2, then the team would receive 2 comp picks in the draft of the following year. The value of the players lost versus the value of the players signed would determine which rounds the team receives the compensatory draft picks. However, a team NEVER receives a comp pick if they have a net gain in the number of qualified free agents.

Atlanta signed a good many qualifying free agents last year. Turner, Eric Coleman, Elam, Hartsock, and Hutchins would all count as qualifying free agents signed. I'm not sure if Fraser and Moorehead would count as qualifying free agents signed due to their relatively low salaries. Moore would not, since he was subsequently cut. Therefore, Atlanta signed at least 5 qualifying free agents in 2008.

Players that were released do NOT count as qualifying free agents lost. Therefore Dunn, Crump, Rod Coleman, Gandy, Leftwich, Sanders, and Jimmy Williams would not count in the comp formula for qualifying free agents lost. Players traded, like Hall, do Not count as qualifying free agents lost. Finally marginal players lost, such as Lowe and Blakely, would not count as qualifying free agents lost. Therefore the qualifying free agents lost in 2008 by Atlanta would be D'Mo and Crocker, for a total of two qualifying free agents lost.

Therefore, in 2008 Atlanta signed at least 5 qualifying free agents and lost only 2 qualifying free agents for a net GAIN of 3. Thus, Atlanta will definitely not receive any compensatory draft pick in the 2009 draft.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3835649

From a topic thread that I started on March 1 as follows:

Atlanta will not receive any comp picks for 2009, because they had a net gain in qualified free agents in 2008, rather than a net loss of qualified free agents. I figure that Atlanta had a net gain of 3 qualified free agents in 2008. To receive a compensatory draft pick, a team has to lose more qualifying free agents than they signed. The only exception to this rule is when a team has a net loss of 0, but the value of the free agents lost is greater than the value of the free agents signed, then the team would get one 7th round comp pick.. A team receives comp picks between rounds 3 and 7 equal to the number of net qualified free agents lost, to a maximum of 4 comp picks. For example, if a team lost 5 qualified free agents, but signed 3 qualified free agents for a net loss of 2, then the team would receive 2 comp picks in the draft of the following year. The value of the players lost versus the value of the players signed would determine which rounds the team receives the compensatory draft picks. However, a team NEVER receives a comp pick if they have a net gain in the number of qualified free agents.

Atlanta signed a good many qualifying free agents last year. Turner, Eric Coleman, Elam, Hartsock, and Hutchins would all count as qualifying free agents signed. I'm not sure if Fraser and Moorehead would count as qualifying free agents signed due to their relatively low salaries. Moore would not, since he was subsequently cut. Therefore, Atlanta signed at least 5 qualifying free agents in 2008.

Players that were released do NOT count as qualifying free agents lost. Therefore Dunn, Crump, Rod Coleman, Gandy, Leftwich, Sanders, and Jimmy Williams would not count in the comp formula for qualifying free agents lost. Players traded, like Hall, do Not count as qualifying free agents lost. Finally marginal players lost, such as Lowe and Blakely, would not count as qualifying free agents lost. Therefore the qualifying free agents lost in 2008 by Atlanta would be D'Mo and Crocker, for a total of two qualifying free agents lost.

Therefore, in 2008 Atlanta signed at least 5 qualifying free agents and lost only 2 qualifying free agents for a net GAIN of 3. Thus, Atlanta will definitely not receive any compensatory draft pick in the 2009 draft.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3835649

Thanks, great write up, but I might forget that in the next 365 days. What's the forecast for next year?