Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dipper

DIGITAL T.V TRANSITION

10 posts in this topic

It just hit me that we will no longer be able to watch the 1:00pm games while tailgating for a 4:00pm game. This new technology requires all TV's to have a digital box... Unless you have Direct TV no more watching the games in the parking lot...

I guess you'll just have to come in and cheer for the team in person like the rest of us.

No, I'm good. I've been a season ticket holder for 8 years... I'm talking about the folks that stay at the tailgate and watch it on TV... We watch TV when we have a 4pm or 8pm game....

You can buy one of those digital converter boxes and hook the antenna up to it. It will work. That is the purpose of those digital converts to allow people with antennas to hook them up to it and be able to watch TV. You still may be able to get one of those coupons for them too.

You can buy one of those digital converter boxes and hook the antenna up to it. It will work. That is the purpose of those digital converts to allow people with antennas to hook them up to it and be able to watch TV. You still may be able to get one of those coupons for them too.

Good lookiing out thanks...

Target sells a digital converter box that has an optional battery pack. You can use ac/dc power. Apply for the $40 coupon for the government, the use it to purchase the box. The final cost of the box is $10. Get the box along with an antenna and you should be fine. Because its digital, the picture will look as good as Directv's satellite and it will not cost as much. I'll be running the same setup for my television. View this link http://dtvconverterboxes.blogspot.com/2008...-analog-tv.html. GO FALCONS!!!!!

post-236600-1239417536_thumb.jpg

Target sells a digital converter box that has an optional battery pack. You can use ac/dc power. Apply for the $40 coupon for the government, the use it to purchase the box. The final cost of the box is $10. Get the box along with an antenna and you should be fine. Because its digital, the picture will look as good as Directv's satellite and it will not cost as much. I'll be running the same setup for my television. View this link http://dtvconverterboxes.blogspot.com/2008...-analog-tv.html. GO FALCONS!!!!!

Indeed. I pick up over 20 channels and it's crystal clear. Paid 10 for the box and 30 some for a phillips digital antenna. Took less than 30 minutes to set up, scan and I'm good. Just remember to re scan occasionally to pick up new channels as they change over.

I've seen the Digital antennas in stores, so do ya need a converter box with those as well? I was thinking that a digital TV only needs the digital antenna. I have DirecTV here at home, but was thinking of adding to the Tailgate for pregame viewing although 680am is great!

Never understood the loud music at the tailgate :P I like to get pumped for the game by being informed on POSITIVE Falcons' News!

If you have a digital ready tv , all you may need is just an antenna. One thing that I did ( I have a tv in one room with no cable ) I noticed on the remote control something that said , Antenna and below the button it said had 2 words ( Dig-Ana ) I pushed the button for digital and then pressed my menu on the remote and was able to scan for some of the digital channels . The pictues came in clear , but would freeze sometimes and I hooked the antenna to the tv and finally I got a digital box and hooked it up . But if you have a digital ready tv it shouldn't have any problems and hopefully you get a picture without a box and just the antenna . If not , then get the digital box . Also , you can buy a 7-inch digital tv ( I got mine at CVS for $ 129.00 ) , but the batteries only last about 2 and a half hours but it can be plugged up to use , if you can deal with a small picture . Good luck !

I've seen the Digital antennas in stores, so do ya need a converter box with those as well? I was thinking that a digital TV only needs the digital antenna. I have DirecTV here at home, but was thinking of adding to the Tailgate for pregame viewing although 680am is great!

Never understood the loud music at the tailgate :P I like to get pumped for the game by being informed on POSITIVE Falcons' News!

We have LOUD music at the tailgate... We also have THE DRE & DIP MORNING SHOW, that covers Saturday College Game scores along with updates and injury reports for the falcons game... It's something like MIKE and MIKE, we do it for the 1st 10 min of each hour.... It's pretty cool, we get the kids over to get there out take on the game... It's also a good hit with the ladies... We take special request from Fans...