Ryan ia dumb compared to Stafford

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yes I am a UGA fan, but I've always thought Stafford was more of a Pro QB than a College guy. He goes about his business and takes care of his end, I'm glad to see him go, he will be a much better pro. But someone answer me this, why would anyone say that Sanchez is in the running for being the top QB? Do starts count for anything anymore? Now he has 3 full seasons under his belt verses 1 to the Trojan, SEC at that. And did with a make shift O-line for most of his career. Of course his decision making skills look lacking, with less than 3 secs. to make most of his throws, he doesn't have time to even go through his progressions. He will be a Great pro QB, mark my words. He is a very hard worker, durable, and he loves the game, and it shows by how much film he watches, he has football smarts running out of his ears. He is a lot more like Ryan than most give him credit for, his only mistake was coming out early (awful choice for any QB), he could have used 1 year behind a good O-line so he could have showed of some of his stuff. ****, didn't mean to defend him like this when I started, but I got to thinking about a sports caster who compared him to Ryan Leaf, so I think he is getting a bum rap, I feel sorry for him if the Lions get him, they are managed bad. I hope they grab a Tackle with their 2nd pick in th1st rd., that's if they draft Stafford. In closing, if Mark Richt says he is one of the smartest and hard working QB's he has ever coached, well I just have to believe he is not saying to hear himself talk.

You are just mad Stafford left for the NFL.

It seems you are mad about not being able to decide between the Dawgs and the Buckeyes? Who can take a guy seriously that calls Matt Ryan dumb, have you ever seen his swagger, or the intelligence he shows us in every interview. If you are a Falcon fan, get off of Staffords jock and stop talkin $hit about your home team man....Its one thing to want great players, but if you knew anything about football youm would know that the wonderlic score has nothing to do with seeking out the RING for every one of our players and staff next year.....get off it...

Guest Gritz
No question that touch and accuracy are important.

I think the more pertinent question is would Stafford have underthrown that deep ball to Roddy in the arizona playoff game that led to an interception that changed the momentum of the entire game ?

I think the answer to that question is no. :(

And would Stafford have had the patience and accuracy to have taken Atlanta down the field on that last crucial drive when our running game was getting stuffed?

We can do this all day.

Your turn......(and your distaste for ryan is becoming more evident with each post.).

No question that touch and accuracy are important.

I think the more pertinent question is would Stafford have underthrown that deep ball to Roddy in the arizona playoff game that led to an interception that changed the momentum of the entire game ?

I think the answer to that question is no. :(

Your premise is moronic because Ryan threw for less Ints than any other rookie qb ever so it is more likely to be true that with Stafford we would have never gotten to a playoff game than not. Besides this isn't a video game where you can interchange players. Go back to madden and leave the real football discussions for the grown ups.

Your premise is moronic because Ryan threw for less Ints than any other rookie qb ever so it is more likely to be true that with Stafford we would have never gotten to a playoff game than not. Besides this isn't a video game where you can interchange players. Go back to madden and leave the real football discussions for the grown ups.

lol

im a UGA fan yes stafford will be great butt matt ryan is ours he is the man i wouldent trade rayan for anyone he stafford and flacco are the future :D

IDK, he may be adequate at the Pro level, but I just don't see him being "great".

I could be wrong on both counts though--you never know til they get to play at that level.

That's an insult to the actual Georgia fans here. He can't even spell the names of our players right, so I'm going to contest that assertion that he's a Georgia fan. He's just a troll.

I am a GA. fan. Lived here all my life. Was born here, and if you think Stafford is better there is something wrong. Did you actually watch any of the Ga. games. He didn't look like a pro QB to me. And I love the Bulldogs. But Stafford wasn't takeing us to no title game. And his accuracy isn't as good as MattIce

Matt Ryan was successful because of his work ethic. Something our last star QB lacked. Ryan's intelligence was a compliment to that. Coincidentally, that's also something our last star QB lacked. You could have the strongest arm, quickest legs, and Einstein's brain. If you have the work ethic of a bum, you will be a bum. I'm not saying Stafford's work ethic is low, I don't know his work ethic. I'm just saying if Stafford wants to be better than Ryan, he'll have to work harder than him.

Lighten up francis, I was just stating an opinion.

This is a public message board and sometimes people say things that you don't agree with.

It doesn't mean that you have to act like a azz and insult them. <_<

QUOTE (SacFalcFan @ Mar 23 2009, 09:49 PM)

oh please.. this is almost as bad as the original poster's attempt at going after ryan..

Very few players can score a 38 on the wonderlic like Stafford did, so I don't see that as going after Ryan. I realize everyone is hypersensitive about Ryan. The point is there has been this huge misconception around this message board for over a year that Ryan is smarter than Stafford and I am simply calling BS on that baseless assumption.

oh please.. this is almost as bad as the original poster's attempt at going after ryan..

Very few players can score a 38 on the wonderlic like Stafford did, so I don't see that as going after Ryan. I realize everyone is hypersensitive about Ryan. The point is there has been this huge misconception around this message board for over a year that Ryan is smarter than Stafford and I am simply calling BS on that baseless assumption.

yet you been raked over the coals and proven relatively wrong yet again.

Is he football smart though. Could the guy probably figure out a math problem faster than Ryan, sure. Could he read, diagnose, and adjust to a defense under center as well as Ryan? Probably not.

I have yet to be proven wrong or relatively wrong about anything by anyone on this message board. When that happens I will admit I was wrong.

seriously, you think that? Wow...you really surprise me, you're not wearing red & black glasses like I thought, you're wearing a dang blindfold and earplugs.

I have yet to be proven wrong or relatively wrong about anything by anyone on this message board. When that happens I will admit I was wrong.

Oh really? Follow along mental midget. Keep up, and pay attention. I'll use colors to keep your attention.

Ryan ia dumb compared to Stafford, Wonderlic score: Stafford scored an eyepoping 38 to Ryan 28 Rating.

Not only does Stafford have a better pro arm but he has a high mental capacity to problem solve which has a direct correlation as to why Ryan is so interception prone. Knowledge is a beautiful thing.

1. Ryan tested a 32 on the wonderlic test. Get your facts straight. LINK

2. It is a fact that wonderlic scores do not reflect the ability for a QB to perform in the NFL.

NFL HOF Greats: Tom Brady - 33, Peyton Manning - 28, Dan Marino - 16.

NFL Busts: Alex Smith - 40, Ryan Leaf - 27, Tim Couch 22

3. If you take all of Stafford pass attempts and compared them to ryans pass attempts per interception it comes out like this in college.

Stafford - 987 pass attempts with 33 int's which is 1 int every 29.9 pass attempts.

Ryan - 1345 pass attempts with 37 int's which is 1 int every 36.35 pass attempts.

So with that said Ryan completes almost 7 more completions without a int over his career and that's with less talented players around him in college at the RB and WR position. Conclusion, Stafford is more INT prone than Matt Ryan

Ryan also holds the NFL record for fewest interceptions by a rookie QB starting all 16 games.

So please, STFU and sit down. This messageboard isn't for inbred hillybilly blind UGA homers.

I must have missed the part where the wonderlick (sp?) test was an indication of actual intelligence? Or even football intelligence...

I will say this, last year Matt Ryan had one of the best ever seasons for a rookie QB. I think that shows how truly elite his football intelligence is. To compare Stafford to that is ludicris.

Not only does Stafford have a better pro arm but he has a high mental capacity to problem solve which has a direct correlation as to why Ryan is so interception prone. Knowledge is a beautiful thing.

Alex Smith scored 40 on the Wonderlic test. So I guess that means that Stafford would be almost, but not as quite as good as the 49ers third string QB.