Mike Peterson on NFL Replay

atljbo

I am not too crazy about him.....The Falcons say they were trying to get younger and they sign a 31 year old. Makes no sense.

It does when you consider they brought him in to fill in until the LB we draft is ready to start....

I am not too crazy about him.....The Falcons say they were trying to get younger and they sign a 31 year old. Makes no sense.

I may be way off on this one as I usually am/ But I think adding him will help keep some experience on the field instead of them all being rookies or second year guys. I think it could be a good move..

Asked a jags fan and a friend about him, he said he's a solid stop gap linebacker at this point that commands his defence, is a sure tackler and can cover. He also said he's lost a few steps, and dont count on him to shed tackles.

I think at this point he's much better than two down KB, but we'd have to have big tackles infront of him to succeed.

Well, if the guy can play, he can play....regardless of age.

We all saw firsthand that Keith's game was in the dumpster....was it age? maybe.His own laziness? maybe. But at any rate he wasnt a valid starting player anymore, and his ego prevented him from accepting a backup/team role.

So we brought in a guy that brings experience, still has a step to 'em, and is willing to compete for a position....not have one granted to him even if he no longer deserves a starting role.

Also... the guy fits the scheme because the guy was in the scheme multiple years... Heck Pro bowl years.... Mike Peterson is not a future answer but he does give us time to develop a mid round LB

I agree, nothing wrong with a few stopgaps....this isnt Madden where your whole team is like 27 or younger and everyone goes to the Probowl from their rookie season on

I think bringing him in was a great move. He can drop back into coverage. He is a sure tackler. He brings leadership and experience to the table(He was Jags team captain before a rift with Del Rio)

Think it was a great move for us to pick him up

There isn't a team in the NFL that consists of only rookies, 2nd, and 3rd year players. Experience is a must. One 31 LB who can play good right now, isn't going to hurt us.

Which game was it, what week? I bought the NFL rewind and I want to watch it. I was a little leery about him but it's nice to read that little tidbit. Thanks in advance

It is on NFL Reply on NFL network, they will replay it later today, if you missed it. I put a poll regarding DE in the NFL draft forum it is about your Favorite 1st round prospect.