Shall we make a deal? This is about MJ and Matthews

Alot of people have become turned onto the idea of drafting Michael Johnson in the first, while others still demand us draft Cushing, Matthews and even Laurenitis.

Since LB and DE are still needs for us, maybe we should compromise. Since I think project LB and project DE are pretty deep in this draft, if we make Cushing, Matthews or Laurenitis a Falcon in the first, let's trade one of our 5th rounders to go up in the 4th and get Kyle Moore from USC as a project DE and if we draft MJ in the first, lets trade up in the fourth and get Zack Follet from Cal.

What do you say to that?

Alot of people have become turned onto the idea of drafting Michael Johnson in the first, while others still demand us draft Cushing, Matthews and even Laurenitis.

Since LB and DE are still needs for us, maybe we should compromise. Since I think project LB and project DE are pretty deep in this draft, if we make Cushing, Matthews or Laurenitis a Falcon in the first, let's trade one of our 5th rounders to go up in the 4th and get Kyle Moore from USC as a project DE and if we draft MJ in the first, lets trade up in the fourth and get Zack Follet from Cal.

What do you say to that?

I wouldnt have a problem with that at all. After watching the tape on Cushing and Matthews i think i like Matthews better. He seems a little bit more smooth and fluent then Cush and he has a pop to his hits. I also watched Follet too. He looked really good too. Not sure about Kyle Moore, but i like the other guys and the idea of trading one of our 5ths.

why does every one claim we need a DE we have jamal anderson!!!! He has not been a huge threat like Abraham has been however he is emerging. Several falcons have taken two to three seasons to emerge as play makers. Besides if we take a tackle that allows both DE to be more physical and able to get to the QB

Of course we have no say about the draft, but forum-wise, it is an idea to calm down people who think it is the end of the world if we don't draft THEIR specific position person in the first round, that there are good project DE and project OLB's we can go after later.

I think Kyle Moore could be a beast training under Abraham. He seemed to not have reached his potential at USC, who brought him all the way from Georgia.

Then again, USC does seem to be known more for linebackers than for Defensive Ends...

i really am not high on micheal johnson. i think olb dT or s is the way to go.

Even before the season I was never high on this year's safety class, moreso now that Taylor Mays is out. I think 2010 is a great year to draft a safety.

But either way, there are some talented LBs and DEs in the later rounds who could make you pretty happy if you have the personnel to develop them.

What do you say to that?

MJ in the first and dont trade up to get a LB when there is alot of depth when it comes to LB in this draft.

MJ in the first and dont trade up to get a LB when there is alot of depth when it comes to LB in this draft.

Yeah but we also might want to snag a TE and a CB, in the second and third, because I don't like those position's depth.

Also I'm not convinced Zach Follet will be around for our fourth rounder.

I f we get any LB at all it should be the 4th or 5th round

We need a DT or DE the reason I say "or" DE is because JA98 can be moved to DT if need be. so I would say Draft Peria (DT) or Connor Barwin with our 24 pick.

Connor Barwin is mad quick and we may be able to pick him up in the 2nd round. He could play linebacker as well which would be very useful especially since we use the 335 nickel package. That allows us to line up in a standard 425 set and have him drop back as a linebacker into the (335) with Babs in the middle and JA55 and JA98 on either side of him. Confusion is a great asset on D and I think Connor Barwin would definitely be an asset to our team

If we could get him in the second round we could pick up Pettigrew in the first, maybe a LB in the third or Asher Allen a lightning quick CB out of UGA

Say no to LB's in the first round unless its a Larry English type who is essentially a DE/LB as well or Orakpo but I think we all know those players wil be gone with the wind by the time we pick

Yeah but we also might want to snag a TE and a CB, in the second and third, because I don't like those position's depth.

Also I'm not convinced Zach Follet will be around for our fourth rounder.

Even if he is not around we can still get a LB to develop, that may be just a good or even better down the road.

Even if he is not around we can still get a LB to develop, that may be just a good or even better down the road.

Yeah but we need starters at this point, not guys who we develop for two years like we did Nicholas. I think it is risky to wait too long to pick up a LB. If we want true project guy we might as well wait till next year to pick up a LB who can come in as a starter.

Yeah but we need starters at this point, not guys who we develop for two years like we did Nicholas. I think it is risky to wait too long to pick up a LB. If we want true project guy we might as well wait till next year to pick up a LB who can come in as a starter.

What LB that we draft would be a starter over what we have now, and it doesnt matter what round you pick them in. Even if we get Matthew he still wont be a starter. He played great one-year, he does have alot of upside, but he played with his hands down alot at USC.

What LB that we draft would be a starter over what we have now, and it doesnt matter what round you pick them in. Even if we get Matthew he still wont be a starter. He played great one-year, he does have alot of upside, but he played with his hands down alot at USC.

So you don't think that Cushing, Matthews, or Laurenitis could start over Coy Wire or Mike Peterson? Seriously?

We started Lofton at MLB as a rookie, and released two starters in the off-season. I doubt that we pass up drafting a LB who has starter potential, and I doubt we don't give them a chance to compete for the starter spot.

So you don't think that Cushing, Matthews, or Laurenitis could start over Coy Wire or Mike Peterson? Seriously?

We started Lofton at MLB as a rookie, and released two starters in the off-season. I doubt that we pass up drafting a LB who has starter potential, and I doubt we don't give them a chance to compete for the starter spot.

No I dont think they will start their first year, they will not beat them out. We had Tony Tiller(sp) as our MLB going into the training camp, so I think that chances of Lofton beating him out were pretty high.

Cushing was a two down LB at USC

Matthews had one great year, and played with his hands down

JL (if he can prove to has the coverage speed needed at OLB, has the best chance to start)

You have to remember that Rookies wont have a chance to go to the Voluntary Workouts this offseaon. The players on our roster would have had a chance already to start playing together getting some reps at there prosepctive spots. I think that the starters will be

Peterson - Lofton - Nicholas, with Wire fighting for a spot.