What People Don't Know About Brandon Pettigrew

Since everyone is on the Pettigrew bandwagon, I just wanted to share that tidbit. He also had 472 yards receiving. Not huge numbers for the #24 pick. While on the other hand, James Casey TE from Rice had 13 tds and 1,329 yards. Talent evaluators compare him to Chris Cooley. Not saying that Casey will be a better NFL TE, it shows that he has a nose for the endzone. I also like Jared Cook and Cornelius Griffin.

i agree no TD thats not good and doen'nt warrant a first rounder.but these scouts know there buisness so i trust them. if we get a TE probably it should be him but i think you take alphonso or a LB first.we do need a TE atleast for back-up so pettigrew pick would'nt suprise me if we can't get anyone decent and affordable in F/A. who knows with matty and turner this guy could be a long term fix if he can block good.if he can't catch you bring in a situational TE for pass downs

All I am saying is, if we pick a TE at #24, he better know how to get into the endzone on occassion. There is an art to getting open at TE. It's not all about speed, size, and strength. Just look at Jay Novacek for the Cowboys. He was a killer. I know he played with some offensive talent around him (Aikman, Irvin, Smith), but any tight end we get will be playing with some grade A talent in White, Turner, and Ryan as well.

the problem is TE in college are like WR these days so no one knows if these guys can block. id love TD to say hey this guy caught 13 TD's and can block consitently for our run oriented offense. especially with mularky who won't be calling the TE for big catch's alot.so i feel better with get the guy who can block first, see if he can catch if not get a cheap situational player. pettigrew might be our pick since these drafts are'nt full of blocking TE's. id like to see F/A at TE since there is more tape.i agree a LB would be nice but i really want to see nocholas play to so maybe safety.

the problem is TE in college are like WR these days so no one knows if these guys can block. id love TD to say hey this guy caught 13 TD's and can block consitently for our run oriented offense. especially with mularky who won't be calling the TE for big catch's alot.so i feel better with get the guy who can block first, see if he can catch if not get a cheap situational player. pettigrew might be our pick since these drafts are'nt full of blocking TE's. id like to see F/A at TE since there is more tape.i agree a LB would be nice but i really want to see nocholas play to so maybe safety.

Does anybody remember the Reggie Kelly experiment? Say no to blocking TEs in the first or second round.

does anyone remember the heath miller experiment? worked out pretty **** good.

How on earth can you compare Heath Miller to Reggie Kelly? Miller is just as good a receiver as he is a blocker. Reggie Kelly was a one-dimensional tight end that was drafted too high. No comparison. Thanks for trying though.

i was comparing miller to pettigrew. thanks for trying though. ;)

You fail. Heath Miller was a bonafide threat as a receiving TE coming out of college. That's what warranted him being a first round pick. The blocking was gravy. ****, he caught more touchdowns as a freshman than Pettigrew caught his whole career at Ok State. Do some research next time before trying to be so **** smart BOSS.

Nicknamed “Big Money” for his ability to gain first downs and touchdowns, Heath Miller was a three-year starter at tight end (TE) for the University of Virginia. He led ACC TEs in receiving every year of his career (2002-2004), and he was the 2004 recipient of the John Mackey Award, presented annually by the Nassau County Sports Commission to the top tight end of the season, scored at least once in each of his first five games at Virginia and his nine scoring grabs set a school season-record for tight ends. Miller was the first ACC player to win the Mackey Award.

Originally signed to play quarterback, Miller made the transition to the tight end position during his redshirt freshman year. He did throw one pass during his college career, hooking up with fellow tight end Patrick Estes for a score in a prime-time game against South Carolina.

In his freshman season, Heath set an ACC record for freshmen TEs with 9 touchdown receptions in a season. He followed that up with a sophomore campaign that saw him set ACC TE records for receptions (70) and yards (835) in a season. In his junior season, Heath was awarded the John Mackey Award and was only the second player in Virginia history to be a unanimous All American.

Heath concluded his career holding ACC records for most career receptions (144), yards (1703) and touchdowns (20) by a tight end. In Virginia history, these totals place Heath 2nd in receptions, 7th in yards, and 4th in touchdown receptions, regardless of position. He also shares the school record for most 100-yard games by a TE (3), and he caught at least one pass in 32 of his final 33 games. He majored in Sociology.

You fail. Heath Miller was a bonafide threat as a receiving TE coming out of college. That's what warranted him being a first round pick. The blocking was gravy. ****, he caught more touchdowns as a freshman than <2> caught his whole career at Ok State. Do some research next time before trying to be so **** smart BOSS.

Tell me which profile belongs to which player:

<1> is a very good all around tight end. He has good athletic ability, showing the ability to get open and make plays once he does catch the ball. He has awesome hands, and will be a red zone threat for the team that drafts him. He is also a willing blocker, and is above average in this category.

<1> isn’t the freak athlete that you generally see in a 1st round tight end. He isn’t the biggest, the fastest, or the most athletic player at his position. He probably won’t be a huge playmaker in the NFL because he lacks the top notch athletic ability to make plays downfield.

<1> is just a very good football player. He isn’t going to blow you away physically, but he will be there on every play and show up for your football team. He looks like a solid first rounder to me, somewhere in the second half of the first round.

-------------------------

<2> is a solid all around tight end. He is a rare TE prospect that can be a factor as a receiver and a blocker. He has excellent size and uses it very well on the field. <2> is a very good intermediate receiver and knows how to get open underneath and will catch anything thrown his way. His athleticism and natural strength make him a load to bring down once he has the ball in his hands. He also shows the willingness to block, and uses his size and strength to help out when he is not running routes.

As far as being a premium tight end with the ability to go in the Top 10-15 picks, <2> lacks the explosive playmaking ability to warrant such a selection. He doesn’t wow you with his excellent speed or jaw dropping athleticism, he just has a nice overall package that works very well.

Both are from footballsfuture.com, so they were written by the same group of people. One discribes Heath Miller and the other describes Brandon Pettigrew. Can you tell which one is which?

It's actually quite stunning how many phrases are almost verbatim between the two predraft profiles...

I can tell you why not a TE this year. Because next year is safety class as far as 1st round goes if Decoud can't handle it. Mays, Berry, Wright, Williams, Burnett, and Chancellor just to name a few :D

Next year's safety class is so deep it's sickening....

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2010S.php

I know that site generally sucks, but it does already have the 2010 prospects listed.

Tell me which profile belongs to which player:

<1> is a very good all around tight end. He has good athletic ability, showing the ability to get open and make plays once he does catch the ball. He has awesome hands, and will be a red zone threat for the team that drafts him. He is also a willing blocker, and is above average in this category.

<1> isn’t the freak athlete that you generally see in a 1st round tight end. He isn’t the biggest, the fastest, or the most athletic player at his position. He probably won’t be a huge playmaker in the NFL because he lacks the top notch athletic ability to make plays downfield.

<1> is just a very good football player. He isn’t going to blow you away physically, but he will be there on every play and show up for your football team. He looks like a solid first rounder to me, somewhere in the second half of the first round.

-------------------------

<2> is a solid all around tight end. He is a rare TE prospect that can be a factor as a receiver and a blocker. He has excellent size and uses it very well on the field. <2> is a very good intermediate receiver and knows how to get open underneath and will catch anything thrown his way. His athleticism and natural strength make him a load to bring down once he has the ball in his hands. He also shows the willingness to block, and uses his size and strength to help out when he is not running routes.

As far as being a premium tight end with the ability to go in the Top 10-15 picks, <2> lacks the explosive playmaking ability to warrant such a selection. He doesn’t wow you with his excellent speed or jaw dropping athleticism, he just has a nice overall package that works very well.

Both are from footballsfuture.com, so they were written by the same group of people. One discribes Heath Miller and the other describes Brandon Pettigrew. Can you tell which one is which?

It's actually quite stunning how many phrases are almost verbatim between the two predraft profiles...

thank you. -_-

Since everyone is on the Pettigrew bandwagon, I just wanted to share that tidbit. He also had 472 yards receiving. Not huge numbers for the #24 pick. While on the other hand, James Casey TE from Rice had 13 tds and 1,329 yards. Talent evaluators compare him to Chris Cooley. Not saying that Casey will be a better NFL TE, it shows that he has a nose for the endzone. I also like Jared Cook and Cornelius Griffin.

Cornelius Ingram?