"My first Falcons Experience...."

There have been a lot of out of states members replyin in my last post, so I thought we could try summit new, for Falcons Fans ALL OVER THE WORLD!

"My first falcons experience...."

My first falcons experience was picking up Madden 04, and picking the team that that guy on the cover played for

Never looked back since :)

now you....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting given a Falcons hat and jersey (Mike Vick :( ) from my uncle back in about '02 (Or whatever the last season before the logo change was), after he visited the ATL area on a house search. All I knew about the team was that MV7 was the fastest quarterback in the league, and I didn't even know what a QB was.

The first Falcons game I ever watched was the '98 Superbowl...I didnt live in Georgia until the next year...then the first regular season game I watched on TV was a pitiful 10-13 loss to Detroit on Novemeber 12th, 2000.

From 2001 on I watched every game I possibly could....even the dismal 2003 season.

There have been a lot of out of states members replyin in my last post, so I thought we could try summit new, for Falcons Fans ALL OVER THE WORLD!

"My first falcons experience...."

My first falcons experience was picking up Madden 04, and picking the team that that guy on the cover played for

Never looked back since :)

now you....

Mine was reading the Savannah Morning News in the mid sixties, I saw a story that said Atlanta was getting a NFL Franchise and they were building a Stadium in Fulton County. I was a Freshman in High School, starting at Tackle for my High School team as a Freshman. I was able to attend one Falcon game in 1966, other than that, Yes I go all the way back as a Falcon Fan. Sometimes pizzed at the things done and not done, often completely happy with things, but at times irate at decisions that never made sense. If you folllow a team that long and are afraid to ever speak up then you might just be blind or have zero expectations from the team. Sure, I love this team but over the years there were many stupid decisions made in the "old way" Front office.

I do like the way things are going now, I just don't want to be let down. Until now, there has never been a Falcon Administration that could handle success well, I hope and pray that we have finally passed that level.

fwiw, that is why I stay on the "high expectation wagon", I hate when they do stupid things and undo all the good that has been accomplished. Just hang with this team for the next 40 years and see if you are always happy, I hope I am.

My first Falcons experiance was watching the 98 NFC championship. I wasn't a football fan but I was and am the guy that supports the home team no matter what, I was only 13 so I didn't really understand football. I got into football for real in 2002ish. I watched a few games that season, watched the playoff games as well. I was turned on to football by Vick, but was a fan of the Falcons before that. I saw his gatorade commercial (I think it was gatorade, where he throws the ball like 100 yards.), and said "Who is that?" and was later told it was Michael Vick, the QB of the Falcons and it peaked my interest, so I watched and haven't looked back since. So, yeah, I will always have a spot for Vick for that reason. But by no means am I the guy that is a Vick fan and not a Falcons fan. Vick doesn't deserve to wear a Falcons uniform, in my opinion so don't get it twisted.

I am a native Atlantan. When the Falcons became a franchise in 1966 the Coca Cola company put the faces and names of the new team on the inside of every bottle cap on coke products so you could collect all of the team members. I remember Randy Johnson (QB), Norb Hecker (the coach), Tommy Nobis (our first draft pick), Junior Coffey (RB) and others....such a long time ago. Atlanta was still a relatively small town for an NFL team back then and the city was busting with pride at getting the franchise. Think about it, when I was growing up, prior to the Falcons coming here, there were no professional sports teams in the South between Washington, D.C. and Dallas (no Charlotte, Nashville, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, New Orleans, Jacksonville). Most Atlantans back then liked the Redskins in football (closest team) and the Yankees in baseball because they were on TV so much. Things have changed a bit.

My dad's a fan of classic teams like the pack and redskins so my first exposure to the falcons was when they were in GB in the playoffs. I saw them win and became a huge fan. Always lived in ATL I just used to be more interested in UGA

I cannot believe that is possible.

I remember Lindsey The car dealer who wanted to buy the team. It was awarded to Smith. Didn't every boy want their own football team.

I remember teams beating us 55-0 and things like that. I think that 49ers did a job on us as well as the Cowboys.

I remember Ponce de Leon park. Some wanted to convert it to pro ball. I remember people sitting on the railroad tracks and watching games.

Atlanta has come a long way. We are on the way to having a good team. The turnover has been big. With someone who knows what he is doing we are in for excitement.

We have a good owner a good GM and a good coach.

Glad to be an Atlanta Falcon fan.

my first memory was in 1998, my best friend intro'd me to nfl and we would watch fox on sundays and being from Aug Ga falcons was on every sunday. i remember JA32 (the real one) doing the dirty bird my fav coach of all time dan the man reeves!! and chris always hurt chandler tossin to mathis and martin (best tandem imo) i wish i could have watched the yr before but i started 98 and got a 32 jersey for xmas and never looked back. the only season i didnt watch every game was our doug johnson year (i hated him!!!) but iv been a HUGE fan ever since

Late 70s, Early 80s...sitting on the couch with my dad and older brother, watching Bartkowski, Andrews, Jackson, Jenkins, Jeff Van Note.

I remember Gerald Riggs coming in after Andrews blew out his knee and tearing it up...100 yard game after 100 yard game... but didn't get much notice at all because of what team his was on.

Suffering through the Smiths and there lack of committment to the team....bringing back Marion Campbell twice to lead the team.

Enjoying the excitement that Jerry Glanville brought when he arrived in the early 90s. Never realizing that he was the D.C. who created the Gritz Blitz.

Happy to see how well Deion flourished here with the Falcons and the Braves....hating him after he threw us under the bus chanting..." this is my house!" when he came back with another team. Wondering how good of a player Brian Jordan could have been if it hadn't been for baseball.

Suffering thru the 90s....until Dan Reeves was hired....loving 98...getting season tickets for the first time(first time i could afford them) Hated seeing Tuggle let go...heart of the franchise.

Excited about Blank taking over. Loving to watch Vick tear it up on Sundays. Happy to see Kearny kicking a$$. Sad to see him leave. Floored by the whole Vick/Petrino fiasco.

And then last year.....nothing to say at all....this team needs no introduction....

I don't remember my first Falcons Experience. I was born, then 6 months later the Falcons played their first game. I know I have experience in that first season but I don't remember it. The first thing I remember vividly is a 17-10 win over Dallas and Roger Staubach at Fulton County Stadium in the mid 70s. Especially since the Falcons were down 10-0 at the end of 3 only to score 17 unanswered in the 4th.

Hey, whatya know, I even found the box score:

Link

I am a native Atlantan. When the Falcons became a franchise in 1966 the Coca Cola company put the faces and names of the new team on the inside of every bottle cap on coke products so you could collect all of the team members. I remember Randy Johnson (QB), Norb Hecker (the coach), Tommy Nobis (our first draft pick), Junior Coffey (RB) and others....such a long time ago. Atlanta was still a relatively small town for an NFL team back then and the city was busting with pride at getting the franchise. Think about it, when I was growing up, prior to the Falcons coming here, there were no professional sports teams in the South between Washington, D.C. and Dallas (no Charlotte, Nashville, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, New Orleans, Jacksonville). Most Atlantans back then liked the Redskins in football (closest team) and the Yankees in baseball because they were on TV so much. Things have changed a bit.

Dam n, i'm glad i'm not the only one who remembered that... Growing up in Atlanta, that too was one of my first memories....

Joined the navy, moved away, Traveled all over the world, but you know what???? Falcon fan until death, have never lost the faith, through

thick and thin - I bleed red and black!!!!!!